tig3rba7m

Game crash: Megathread

PUBG_RoboDanjal

Hi all,

We're aware of some issues with your game crashing so I've made this megathread to collate the current threads. 

If you are posting that you're having this issue can you please let us know the following information: 

Which Xbox console are you using? 

When does the crash occur? (On launching the game, whilst matchmaking, whilst in the game, other (please specify)) 

What happens when you crash? Is there an error code, does it kick you to the dashboard, or do you go back to the main menu? 

Message added by PUBG_RoboDanjal

I'm sure yall know this but in the 3 hrs, I was playing before the server maintenance. The game crashed to my Xbox homepage it didn't give an error code but I had to restart the game. I was able to rejoin my game without an issue tho. Also, some texture glitching in and out. However, I'm still playing and loving it!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I’ve ran into an issue multiple times where I have crashed while being a passenger in a vehicle while going close to top speed. My friend also had the game crash while he was a passenger in my vehicle 

Edited by HECK EM ALL
  • Like 5

I’ve played about 7 games, three of which have crashed on me. Twice while reaching top speed in a vehicle, once while entering a building. You can’t slap “early access” on a broken port and still sell it for 30 dollars.

• Like 11

I’ve played quite a few games where the game will completely crash and I will be thrown out of it. I can then load the game back up and continue the match from where I was ( providing I haven’t been killed in my absence). Quite annoying but at least the ability to join again is there. 

• Like 2

I got thrown out of the game 3 times last night, every time when reaching (or right after reaching) the fourth circle.

When I restart the game/client I get a message saying that the session is still in play and the question if I want to resume or not, whenever I choose to "Resume" the session I get a follow-up error saying there is a "Network connection error" (or something in that stretch).

So then I go back to main menu and start another session, which will probably crash if I get to the 4th circle :-).

• Like 3

I don't crash often, but when I do... I'm parachuting of the plane onto the ground. It has happened from the moment I jump off to just before reaching the ground. With and without parachuting.

Half of the matches I have played end up in crashing before completion and sending me to Xbox home screen. Most of which I am in top 10 which means I don’t get credit for surviving that long nor am I getting my chance at the chicken dinner. Really frustrating. 

There does not appear to be any rhyme or reason, sometimes I’m in a vehicle, sometimes on foot not doing anything noteworthy to cause. 

Please fix!

• Like 5

19 hours ago, TurboTaco42 said:

I’ve played about 7 games, three of which have crashed on me. Twice while reaching top speed in a vehicle, once while entering a building. You can’t slap “early access” on a broken port and still sell it for 30 dollars.

If you did not expect even these problems, I suggest you do yourself a favor and take a break from this game. 

My expectations for this games release was wayyyy lower. I was happy to be able to load in and play my first game with no problem. AAA games, not early access or GPPs have had much worse issues like servers shutting down. 

To what I expected, this release could not be going any smoother

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

My game is constantly crashing on xbox. After my game crashed I went back in but, as soon as I got in the game I picked up a red dot sight and my game crashed again. 9/10 of my matches crash and I have stopped playing this game. I told my friends about this (among other things) and because of this they have decided not to buy the game. I was excited for this game. I won 4 times in squads and I want to keep playing to get better but I can't play 2 matches without my game crashing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • RIP 2

Game crashes every other game highly annoying. Have the ability to re join once game has been relaunched.. if I haven’t been killed. 

• Like 2

Turbotaco42 I would suggest you don’t bother playing ANY preview games as the will always have problems they are basically selling the game to you for half price and you get to help the game along its way to full release 

• Like 1

My game is consitalently crashing while driving a vehicle. Not sure what specifically is causing this to happen.

My game crashed while I was driving at full speed and drove into a fence.  Immediately shut down the current session.  

To whom it may concern,

i have currently already spent about 15hours into this game... and you have not acknowledged us on some of the big issues which you should of. 

You address problems with some stupid cosmetic items but not actual game changing and infuriating issues. 

I have loved this game on PC and find the xbox version to be fun also because I feel more at home with the controller and my friends... However.. 

Having the game constantly crash mid game, resulting in leaving you running/driving to death whilst you scramble to load back in, is unacceptable. I and the more resonable players understand this is going to happen due to its preview state, but where is your communication.. a few lines such as “we know, there is a problem. We are working hard to fix it, would be sufficient enough”. 

Your  lack of communication is what will kill this game before it’s of the ground. This is a game changing bug, happening often and in horrible place and needs to be acknowledged. 

Thankyou for making a game I enjoy to the max, but give me back the effort that I have put in with you by purchasing the game multiple times. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

My game also crashes frequently when I am driving. Seems to happen when I approach max speed. I'm playing on a standard Xbox one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I bought the game yesterday day. I've now played 7 games. 4 of which I was kicked from the game. By time I get back in, I'm usually dead. But one time I did make it back before I was killed and my gun was no longer visible. I'm very annoyed by this issue. This last one put me over the edge I was to 25 with a decked out vector and shotgun with a lev3 military vest and gilly suit and it kicked me. By time I got back in I was dead. Not OK. I have no issues like this with any of my other games. Including Fortnite battlefield cod and many others. 

• Like 2

Fair points folks. I had just hoped the game would actually run and game crashing bugs would be few and far between, especially in a game where you spend time gathering resources and have only one life. I played Ark in the early days of GPP and it ran like hot garbage but it rarely crashed and it managed to be a lot of fun. That being said the in-game inventory UI for pubg xbox works well on a controller so that’s cool. But hey devs if you read this vehicles seem to crash the game pretty often, which sucks because you’re usually stocked up before you hit the road with a vehicle... super inopportune time to crash the game. I want this game to succeed and I’m bummed that fortnite slapped together a game mode copying PUBG and beat these guys to the console market, but as of right now Fortnite BR is the better game on console. Hopefully this changes soon!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Look i get is  a work in progress we all got that but this is a multiplayer game and the first focus should be fixing this first before launches 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1