tig3rba7m

Game crash: Megathread

PUBG_RoboDanjal

Hi all,

We're aware of some issues with your game crashing so I've made this megathread to collate the current threads. 

If you are posting that you're having this issue can you please let us know the following information: 

Which Xbox console are you using? 

When does the crash occur? (On launching the game, whilst matchmaking, whilst in the game, other (please specify)) 

What happens when you crash? Is there an error code, does it kick you to the dashboard, or do you go back to the main menu? 

Message added by PUBG_RoboDanjal

Me and my squadmates have problems while driving a vehicle. 

Whenever you drive a car for over a period of time the game is crashing. 
You can reboot the game but you will probably end up death then.

• Like 1

My game crashed a few times.

I have the first gen xbox.

It seems to crash when the 4th circle spawn. Most of the time it's when i'm in a vehicule at full speed.  It brings me on the dashboard without any error codes. When i restart the game it offers me to reconnect into the game, i've been able to rejoin a game only 1 time thought.

Thanks for the effort you're putting in that game, best game i've ever played!

Edited by Krownwall

Hey, every time I have crashed it has always been in a vehicle, never when I am running around, like the game can't handle the frame and then cuts out and send me back to dashboard, kinda annoying trying your luck with a vehicle and then hoping you don't crash, I'm on xbox one s and that's the only time I crash, it has happened about 5 times now. 

Edited by SageGMX
  • Like 1

Appreciate the attention for the persistent game breaking crashes. Vehicles and high speed seem to be the most common cause, tho I have crashed once on foot. Non Xbox one X consoles run the game horrendously, and I feel like that may cause the crash (not loading the map fast enough to keep up with vehicles).

PU please look at this vid to see what I’m talking about. This isn’t a crash but it shows how horrifically the game runs without a One X. Please don’t leave the majority of users in the dust. You’ve got to get this thing running better on the base console.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello,

I have a first gen Xbox.

Game crash one time will on foot, but happen often when in vehicule. If I was in passenger seat, my caracter is stock in the car, need to change place to drive a little and then I can leave the car.

When game crash, it go back to main menu. Yesturday my game crash so hard, my power supply overheat and I have to wait 10 mins to reset my xbox.

Keep on working, thanks!

XBOX ONE

When does the crash occur? (On launching the game, whilst matchmaking, whilst in the game, other (please specify)) 

Whenever driving near top speed

What happens when you crash? Is there an error code, does it kick you to the dashboard, or do you go back to the main menu? 

It kicks me to the dashboard.

The game is also unplayable whenever there are a lot of people looting in the same area.

• Like 2

Made an account just for this.

I've played for about twenty hours since Monday, and I have experienced over twenty crashes in that time.

1.) I'm playing on the OG Xbox.

2.) Everything. I've had four while parachuting, three while driving, two while riding in a car, two while using inventory, three while running, two in a fire fight, five while sitting completely still and just looking around, twice on  the starter island (I sometimes walk around, but I load in too late to try to grab a gun, so I don't usually do anything), and once while trying to load into the starter island. I began keeping a tally because it was becoming so ridiculous, and I was trying to pinpoint a more precise cause.

3.) Every time, the game seizes up. The screen freezes with in-game gameplay (think screenshot). The sound is replaced by a loud ERRRRRRRRRR noise for about 5-6 seconds, and then the game closes out completely and returns to the home screen.

The crashes are incredibly inconsistent. I've gone three games in a row without a crash; yet, I've literally had three crashes in a single match (once, it usually only happens once or twice).

Edited by SilencedScream
  • Like 1

Playing on an Xbox One S. The crash occurs about every 3rd game and it happens midway through the game every time. Has never happened outside a game. It kicks me to the Xbox dashboard each time.

Hi, playing this game for a couple of hours now and loving it. But getting more and more crashes in mid game in squad while i am driving. The game freezes and makes a EERRRR sound and then just bomb out, back to my xbox home screen. I played 2 games tonight and both crashed while driving. I am playing on a xbox OG

Edited by Morphling27

I think the buggy has caused my game to crash a few times.  I think it's related to the engine sound.

I am on a Day 1 Xbox One.

The crash has occurred while I am driving high speeds  on off road terrain.  Once with a lot of foliage (trees, bushes, and grass), and once while I was driving through a farm field.  I don't remember the details of the other instances.

Each time the game screen has frozen, started looping the last instant of sound rapidly, a repeatedly for ~10-15 seconds, and then it crashes to the Xbox dashboard.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

I'm on Xbox 1 and it keeps crashing some times 3 times in one game the game freezes and it kicks me to home screen mostly when I'm in a vehicle another thing is the building no loading in I'm just standing around waiting for them to load PLEASE FIXXX loving it so far.

Keeps trapping me in objects after they take too long to render in and they render in around me. Makes interesting moments punching someone through a box. But not the Pubg experience I know about. 

On 12/13/2017 at 9:47 AM, Zoom In said:

Get an Xbox One X if you can afford it. I haven't crashed at all.

I crash every other match on mine. I'm using LAN and xfinity business dedicated to my xbox 

On OG Xbox One.

It definitely happens more consistently while driving fast but it’s also happened countless times now for any or no noticeable reason or location.

Last night, I got off after freezing in the starting lobby and a few games ago, I froze during the loading screen before even entering it.

Its extremely frustrating. I have to decide between playing it safe but having long, slow games where I risk crashing and dying with good loot and little action or fast, near-suicidal games where I might kill someone but at least die in a firefight, not standing there from a crash.

Been having an issue between me and my gf on two separate xbox ones  (standard edition) with the game crashing all the way back to xbox home as soon as we land from the plane. Right when our characters let go of the chute the game crashes and our characters are left idle for the 3/4 minutes it takes to relaunch and load in. 

I am using the Xbox One X

It crashed when I was on top of this huge hill trying to loot a guy I just killed. I dropped on the ground and as soon as I tried to loot, game froze I just heard this buzzing sound.

There was no error code, after about 3 seconds of the game freezing and hearing the buzzing sound, the screen went black for about 1 second and I found myself back on the dashboard. 

Thank you for releasing such a fun, great game. I know this is a work in progress and am still having loads of fun. This is the only crash I have experienced in about 10+ hours of gameplay thus far. 

Xbox one here, it seems to be random, tonight I got kicked about 4 times in 2 hours, my teammate 3 times.

It crashed whilst we ran across a field, driving a car, driving a boat, parachuting and whilst looting.

On all occasions it just crashes me to dashboard, I am able to rejoin each time unless I'm killed.

Incredibly frustrating as the majority of them happened when we were down to the final 20-30 players and resulted in us getting killed.

I landed and, after anxiously waiting for the buildings and loot to load, found a M416 as my first weapon.

I crashed, tried to load back, heard footsteps all around me (I was shocked and panicking cuz I was kinda in the open) while the black loading screen was as still up, then crashes again before I could get in.

Im sorry, because I’m really trying to enjoy this game, but no amount of “it’s early access,” “game preview,” or “it was going to have issues,” can currently justify or make up for how let down I am right now.

• Like 2

Im using Xbox One. My game crashes way to many time as i land on the map, and i get send to dashboard. I cant even play the game. I payed $30 for this game. Please help. Hoping PUBG is fixed in time. Have high hopes for this game! Best of luck fixing this game! Hope its a big success! 

Edited by BAForLife

iv had the game crash, to dashboard. loads of times when I am playing, I am using xbox one (original version not s or x), since iv been playing, not seen any error codes, just dash board crash,

I have experienced multiple crashes, thus I feel as though I need to put my experiences here.

Which Xbox console are you using?..... I am using a original xbox one, to be specific, the fallout 4 bundle package xbox one when fallout 4 was released. Nothing extra or special. However I saved and am running the PUBG save file from a SSD. A Sandisk ultra 2.

When does the crash occur? (On launching the game, whilst matchmaking, whilst in the game, other (please specify)) My crashes are very random, typically when in game and usually when its at mid game. Not early, or late.

What happens when you crash? Is there an error code, does it kick you to the dashboard, or do you go back to the main menu? I have had multiple types of crashes. I have been brought all the way to the xbox dashboard. I have been sent back to the games main menu. And in one instance, I had the entire xbox reboot.

I would like to also point out that it seems to happen when I am streaming more often. However this may be by chance.

The crashes on the original Xbox one happend during driving at high speeds (Half and above) And driving now is deadly...  When the crash occurs the game freezes and makes this really nasty sound. The game usually forces you to reset the game it does not crash.

I play on Xbox One S. The game usually crash when I drive, or many things happen at the same place. It happens A LOT. Yesterday it crashed two times in the same game. But its most often when I drive. Got so many deaths because of this.

It just freezes and quits to dashboard.

People also need to understand that this is a game preview.

Edited by Im Shifty