tig3rba7m

Game crash: Megathread

PUBG_RoboDanjal

Hi all,

We're aware of some issues with your game crashing so I've made this megathread to collate the current threads. 

If you are posting that you're having this issue can you please let us know the following information: 

Which Xbox console are you using? 

When does the crash occur? (On launching the game, whilst matchmaking, whilst in the game, other (please specify)) 

What happens when you crash? Is there an error code, does it kick you to the dashboard, or do you go back to the main menu? 

Message added by PUBG_RoboDanjal

1: Im playing on the Xbox One

2: The Crashes always occur whilst playing the game, on average 1 per every two games, though if I crash once there is a high probability It may happen again, in 2 hours of playing I usually crash 5-6 times

3: It just kicks me to the dashboard ever time, no error code (Quits my game), I am able to rejoin every time but I die in the mean time a lot, this is unacceptable

• Confused 1

I'm playing on the original Xbox One and my game crashed at least 10 times since launch. It would crash at anytime randomly in game, and it will send me right back to the dashboard.

Original Xbox one, the moment of the game crashing is usually random for me, I can be driving or in the middle of a gun fight, and my game either black screens And brings me to the dashboard or the game freezes then crashes then removes me to dashboard.

I am using the original Xbox One. My crash occurs while playing in the match. The game crashes and brings me to dashboard.

Edited by Papa Brown

I’m playing on an Xbox One X. It always crashes while I’m in the game and kicks me to the dashboard. I’ve kept track over the last few days and I average one crash every 72 minutes. 

I know you guys are working on it and I appreciate it. I hope this is the first thing you patch and shortly after that, bump us to 60fps!

On 12/12/2017 at 5:33 PM, HECK EM ALL said:

I’ve ran into an issue multiple times where I have crashed while being a passenger in a vehicle while going close to top speed. My friend also had the game crash while he was a passenger in my vehicle 

Same issue here, on xbox one x. Also happens when I'm driving. 

Xbox one (normal)

It happened whilst in game, in a car, in the lobby waiting for players and it happens mainly earlier in the game like in the first 3 minutes.

When it crashes it just returns me to the home screen and that's the end of that.

Edited by rage1nfinity

Hi,

Xbox One day one console

Played around 15 hours and had 6 or 7 hard crashes

It's always when I'm moving and the world is filling in. Not just when travelling fast like in vehicles but I've also noticed it when running.

I've had the issues in Solo's and Duo's

Always freezes with sound looping for 5-10 seconds. Then boots back to Xbox dashboard.

Can always return to the match

Im on the old xbox and it happens when landing or middle of the game when u change ur location and it kicks u out to the dashboard and it take 2 min to reconnect and when u reconnect it lag like i moved from my place but for the other player who is next to me im still in my place and that is happening alot fix that

Xbox one S.

My grame crashed about 4 times last night. Every time was in mid game, the screen goes black then sends me to the dash board. 

Edited by Jsizzle

I'm playing on the Xbox One S. The game has crashed whilst I've been driving, as a passenger, whilst parachuting and whilst looting or running. The screen goes black with a loud "buzzing" sound, then it just goes to dashboard. No error codes. Each time I've been able to just launch the game up and re-join the session I was in.

I had a game crash while I was driving at high speed.  I was kicked to the main menu and then asked if I wanted to resume.  Friend did the exact same thing while driving.

For the last 3 days whether it be solo, duo or Squad. As soon as the matchmaking timer hits 0, crash. When I play squads my friends say that I'm still in the game so I countlessly attempt to join back, but everytime I do just crashes. It does give me the option to join back. I have an orignal year xbox one. I haven't been able to play it all please fix this

Edited by Frankrogers
More info

Crashed twice more in one game today.

Once while driving at 2/3 speed, once while walking in to a one story house in a remote area.

OG Xbox, freeze up and kick back to home screen.

The PUBG Xbox crashes seem to occur most when driving. Happens on both the OG Xbox One and Xbox One S. Usually makes a loud sound before crashing to the Xbox Dashboard, sometimes it just silently closes the game. Happens every few matches (sometimes more)

Xbox one - Normal 500 GB 

Game crashes mid-late game, often when in a vehicle but at times without.

So far amongst me and my mates, it either freezes followed by a loud buzzing, or just black screens and goes to the Xbox home menu.

Truthfully, this is the only bug making the game not very reliable, sure you can reconnect but most times by the time you get back in you're dead and some guy is looting your body. 

Edited by Nako
More thoughts.

My game crashes in 50% of my games generally resulting in death. I'm very close to stop playing this shit. It crashes if there are a bunch of people around, it crashes if you're in a vehicle. I've had it crash 15 seconds into a match and I've had it crash 15 minutes into a match. I'm so sick and tired of this garbage. What a complete waste of my damn time. Get all the damn gear I need then boom game crash then load back up and dead in the 3 minutes it takes to load back in. So irritating. Maybe I'll go back to fortnite until you fix this mess. First year Xbox one. Crashes while running or driving, crashes when there are alot of players like first drops in big cities. Crashes at any speed in vehicle and always boots to dashboard. No error codes.

Edited by Ish00tbackagain
Specifics
  • Like 3

I'm just going to keep posting every time it happens, if I'm not the latest post, because that's how ridiculous this is becoming.  I'm up to 24 crashes since launch.

Current match, squad, 3/4 of us have crashed. Two were while they were on a motorcycle, mine was while I was crouched and sprinting.

All OG Xboxs, all crashes back to Xbox home. When mine crashed, I selected PUBG, the title screen came up, and the game crashed back to home again.

Edited by SilencedScream

My game crashes when I get in a vehicle and going full speed.  I would say 80% of the time it will crash when I get in a vehicle, so I just avoid them. 

Running on an One-S.  When crashes occur, it kicks me to dashboard with no error code or anything.  Half the time I can load back into the game and still be alive so I can rejoin.  When I rejoin the game, I do not get BP for that game. 

Xbox one

Crashes 50% of the time, always in the middle or near end of match no matter what I'm doing. (In vehicle, being still prone, moving, shooting, etc.) Whether I'm in a firefighter with 10-15 people in a town or all by myself way on the outskirts.

Freezes, deafens me with loud screech through headphones, dashboard. No error code.

Out of all the other bugs that came with the game, if this one issue could be fixed I (and many others) would be happier. We all realized it would be buggy given it's in the game preview state. The rubber bands and late rendering of buildings are nothing to deal with in comparison to being booted when you're top 10 and set to place in top three at least, it's quite annoying. Please make this problem priority one. Thank you and God bless. 

Side note: I've even set my Xbox to run at 720p, just to try and help. It has not, still crashes quite randomly.

Edited by Unknown_Artists

Hi,

Playing on original xbox one.

I must crash 80% of the time parachuting,  driving cars and just generally running around.

Again can rejoin and be alive but don't gain any battlepoints at all. 

Loving the game i know it's not all smooth for me just fix the crashes and lag abs I'll be happy. Can deal with the graphics. 

Xbox one s 

my game always crashes when I’m in game and when a plane flies over head. Most of the time it’s when I’m driving when it crashes 

It kicks me out to the dashboard and I have to load it all back up. Usually when it loading it during a game it will take forever to join back and I’m already dead when I do. 

Playing dous last night and we both got crashed our running from the clang circle and a plane flew by. My friend has an Xbox one x 

Xbox One 

Inside a building near the school, looking out the window, thought I'd try to vault out the window, game froze for about 5 seconds then kicked me back to the desktop, no error messages .

There was no resume option from the desktop as if you'd pressed the home button, just the option to Launch PUBG

Upon loading up got the standard start screen but with a dialog box over the top saying, you have died press X to accept, B to cancel.

Xbox one X

PUBG turn off my xbox X (no jokes) every time i launch the game, controller start to vibrate very hard and console turn off after 5min of playing. Only on this game. So i play on the Xbox original waiting for an update. One of my contact has the same problem

(Im french btw sorry for bad english xD)

Edited by Livrogne

The people that make pubg don't care about your comments or anything they could care less if your game works as long as the percentage of the people that it does work for is benefiting them financially they could care less.

• Haha 1