tig3rba7m

Game crash: Megathread

PUBG_RoboDanjal

Hi all,

We're aware of some issues with your game crashing so I've made this megathread to collate the current threads. 

If you are posting that you're having this issue can you please let us know the following information: 

Which Xbox console are you using? 

When does the crash occur? (On launching the game, whilst matchmaking, whilst in the game, other (please specify)) 

What happens when you crash? Is there an error code, does it kick you to the dashboard, or do you go back to the main menu? 

Message added by PUBG_RoboDanjal

Xbox one day one edition console

Game crashes whrn driving, if someone hits something, if we go to fast. The game will crash while shooting sometimes. Will also crash whrn just running or looting.

When it crashes it shuts down the whole game and returns to the Xbox home/dashboard. Must then restart game and rejoin and hope your in the circle and not getting shot.

X1 console.

Crashes happen frequently when I'm about to touch terrain or move with the terrain. It seems to be movement or physics-related most of the time under probably 80% of the crashes I've had. I've also died while moving around a fence that wasn't high at all and similar circumstances.

I don't wait out to see what happens, but it seems to go to dash or freeze, and I try to start up the game but I am almost always "Dead" when I get back; which (further) makes me wonder if it is fall-death glitches.

Edited by GeneralZap1

I'm back today to report that I have experienced a increase of crashes today....I went from 1 or 2 in 5 hours, to 1 every hour. I actually think I had a crash ratio of 1 for every 3 games played. All of them was exactly the same....It happened in the middle of the game, nothing too crazy going on, and it took me clear to the x box dashboard. I was still alive when I logged in once out of all of them.

I'm playing on an original Xbox One and usually crash once per match.  I've crashed once in the plane, once while dropping in, and many times randomly during the game.  It seems to happen allot when there aren't many players around because I'm able to reload the game and I'll still be alive.  I took peoples suggestion about shutting game capture off and it appears to help with most of the lag and some of the crashes.  I don't get any type of error message, it just kicks me back to the Xbox dashboard. 

Sooo, im enjoying the game so far. The glitches and bugs are gonna happen with early releases. So heres whats happening for me and my friends

DRIVING- At Top speeds seems to crash the game, even whilst at some mid range speeds at times. 

TRAVERSING- From time to time, not as often as driving. But while crossing the lands and stuff, while just WALKING/SPRINTING. It seems to crash also, noteably when the enviroment or the frame rates drop. 

BUILDING TEXTURE/LOADING- Kinda obvious, but yes the buildings dont render in instantly all the time, if you land on them while not fully rendered, it can crash or glitch you inside the walls or halfway into ceilings, causing instant death.

SOLUTIONS FOUND- Just letting thinga load in, or render properly. It seems to stop the majority of this from happening. If you drive fast, slow down and let objects render when the frames drop. Also frame dropping seems to be a sign of if youre gonna crash. Those are the main game issues ive noticed, that make it more challenging and less fun when you constantly crash 3 times or more every 2 hours

To add, the game crashing usually sends me to dashboard or back to the in game screen. Playing on the Xbox One S

Edited by DubstepVoice

-Original Launch Xbox One Console

-Solo

-Deep in round about 30 left.

-Driving motorcycle.

-Plane overhead, not sure if it was supply drop or air strike.

-I believe forcefield had just started to converge or was about to converge when crashed.

-Crash began with audio/video stutter for a second before kicking out to dashboard, no error code.  

Edited by PROkrastn8r

-OG Xbox

- I crash at leat once every match, it usually happens when im driving fast. The game makes a huge noise for 4 seconds and go back to the dashboard

i hope it helps

Which Xbox console are you using?     Xbox One S

When does the crash occur? (On launching the game, whilst matchmaking, whilst in the game, other (please specify))  

it happened to me a couple of times during the landing after I threw myself from the plane just on the ground - sometimes while I was playing normally (I was running)

What happens when you crash? Is there an error code, does it kick you to the dashboard, or do you go back to the main menu?   

loop noise (like a mower) and return to the xbox home

14 hours ago, Frankrogers said:

I did a complete factory reset on my original Xbox and the only thing installed is pubg so that works I guess.....

Every time the circle gets past say the 3rd time it is getting smaller it seems to just crash the game instantly, Especially after I have just gathered resources etc, it is annoying as hell! I don’t understand how you can deem that acceptable I know it is a preview program game but not what I expected at all! Ruins the game and kicks me home closes he game down and then I have to reload and by that point already have been killed by someone or die as soon as I get in the game, Always seems to be at an encounter as well after I fire a few shots, THIS NEEDS FIXING ASAP! Fortnite is free and virtually the same game and that never crashes! 

Xbox one

Game crashes during gameplay. Usually when in inventory picking up items or when 1st landing. The game struggle's to render the environment and buildings then I know a crash is coming.

The game freezes, makes a buzzing sound and kicks me back to the dashboard. Can instantly restart the game and resume play if I haven't been killed.

Thanks for all your works

Much love

This is absolutely ridiculous, no response from a single Dev team member or moderator and yet this game is supposed to be backed by the Almighty Microsoft? I've crashed e games in a row now. It's a total joke. I've never played a beta that's crashed like this especially not one that charges you 30 bucks. How this game was even released in this state, especially with the money it has behind it is ridiculous. How they can get away with charging people for a borderline unplayable game is BS... especially when you have info from the PC to go off of. There should've been more than enough servers for a game back by MS and as hyped as this one was

Already told you once about this issue... Communication? 

1 million people played battlegrounds in its first 2 days... how many of those have been kicked out the game constantly because of these bugs. How many of those has since left because of lack of comms. 1 million people do not read these forums. tweet out that you know these issues exist because some people are becoming irritated now..

The bug generally happens when driving, it doesn't matter if its you or your team mates. however seems to happen 80% more on original xbox. 

1 hour ago, GibbsGoneWild4 said:

This is absolutely ridiculous, no response from a single Dev team member or moderator and yet this game is supposed to be backed by the Almighty Microsoft? I've crashed e games in a row now. It's a total joke. I've never played a beta that's crashed like this especially not one that charges you 30 bucks. How this game was even released in this state, especially with the money it has behind it is ridiculous. How they can get away with charging people for a borderline unplayable game is BS... especially when you have info from the PC to go off of. There should've been more than enough servers for a game back by MS and as hyped as this one was

conan exiles.. 150% Worse than this it was unplayable. 

I've had the bugs too, I've made 2 reports here. But I think Bluehole still deserves credit. They do not specialize in Xbox games, and the build we are playing on is an old pc build. they easily could have said "nah, we are gonna stay on pc" They did their new audience a favor and programming is hard. It's not gonna get fixed overnight, it's frustrating, but the early pc builds where the same way. Give It time, it'll pay off 

Game is not launching at all. My brother is having the same problem. All we see is a white blank screen after a few logos appeared from game launch. I'm using am Xbox one x and my brother xbox one s and we're both on the same router. No issues with other games. Please advise!

59 minutes ago, JYO221 said:

I've had the bugs too, I've made 2 reports here. But I think Bluehole still deserves credit. They do not specialize in Xbox games, and the build we are playing on is an old pc build. they easily could have said "nah, we are gonna stay on pc" They did their new audience a favor and programming is hard. It's not gonna get fixed overnight, it's frustrating, but the early pc builds where the same way. Give It time, it'll pay off 

i whole heartedly agree, i don't think it is that bad for what some people say. I just believe they are not communicating with the player base as a whole. 

Xbox One X

Crashed right when I died.

Sound stuttered and then black screen. It crashed my whole xbox. Power button did not even work. Had to unplug the cord.

Into the thirties, baby!

Crashed twice while on a buggy while going slowly (in a futile attempt to prevent a crash). Duo teammate crashed within seconds after.

Crashed almost immediately after landing and entering a fully rendered house.

Crashed while looting a fully rendered house, about ten minutes into a match.

OG Xbox, screen froze for three of these and then went to home, screen turned completely black for one before going back to home - first time it's ever gone black.

Xbox One S

Most times so far while passenger in a moving vehicle, once while running, once while crouching behind a rock. All instances happened in the game. 

Crash to dashboard, game closed itself.

Game saved on the internal hard drive. I’m moving it to the external hdd to see how it goes there.

Always when I'm well into the game I mean i am lock stock and ready to rock i got all my gear I'm excited and then BANG the screen goes black for like five seconds then my xbox one (2014 edition) dashboard pops up and i start pubg all over again.Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. Cant complain I'm playing pubg on  xbox! Shutting the dvr off did help a little with fps tho,/