tig3rba7m

Game crash: Megathread

PUBG_RoboDanjal

Hi all,

We're aware of some issues with your game crashing so I've made this megathread to collate the current threads. 

If you are posting that you're having this issue can you please let us know the following information: 

Which Xbox console are you using? 

When does the crash occur? (On launching the game, whilst matchmaking, whilst in the game, other (please specify)) 

What happens when you crash? Is there an error code, does it kick you to the dashboard, or do you go back to the main menu? 

Message added by PUBG_RoboDanjal

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, kaoticsplit said:

piece of shit game keeps crashing. iam getting really fucking tired of it... 

its always when I have 8 plus kills and in a gun fight.. its getting really fucking old. 

Edited by kaoticsplit
  • Like 1

It crashs on matchmaking and takes forever to load the menu and usually just boots me back to Xbox home screen. I'm getting really annoyed with it and haven't been playing for a week this has to do with the new map it didn't do this with erangel

• Like 1

On 5/12/2018 at 4:55 PM, Swangtheugly75 said:

You're using the OG Xbox. Try an upgrade. I have the X and no problems after the last patch. I know "the game should run on all systems" but you have hardware limitations. This is a port of a PC game. Check the minimum requirements for the PC version then check the specs of the OG Xbox, I'll wait... Back? Ok, see what I mean? True story: I had the OG Xbox till hours before PUBG was hit the store. Yes I bought the X because of this game. Trust me its worth every penny if you love PUBG and if you love Xbox, quality of life improves ten fold. This is just a suggestion not an attempt at trolling. 

While I appreciate the fact that this was made as a genuine suggestion I have to disagree. You see I also own a One-X and a PC and this game is consistently dogshit across both X-box and PC. In fact the one consistent thing in this game is how bad it plays, on any non-mobile platform, including the One-X (crashing in the menu much?). How do I know this? Because I have exactly the same issues trying to play this buggy crap regardless of the time of day or hardware used. I would say this was because of the new map update but if we're honest we all know that's not what the issue is. You see I doubt the problem is on my end and would rather suggest that Bluehole are clearly incapable of fixing their baseline code and thus the product and at best seem disinterested in doing so. This game is just as bad now as it has ever been.

Xbox One OG and Xbox One-X

When does the crash occur? (On launching the game, whilst matchmaking, whilst in the game, other (please specify)) 

Constantly without any rhyme or reason to it. The worse cases have been 4 crashes with me in the top 10 and 2 where I was One on One in the last circle (and that is just today). Also it literally crashes half of the time on Miramar and takes a solid 3 minutes to load any buildings.

What happens when you crash? Is there an error code, does it kick you to the dashboard, or do you go back to the main menu?

No code or error message just a terrible buzzing noise. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brb1806 said:

I am thinking of buying a ssd but still not convinced it will help

What is an ssd

I have an Xbox One X. Crashed 7 times today. Inventory, Driving, Spectating, and twice in one game. Getting really sick of this and really waiting for call of duty back ops 4. At least it will be finished and not crash. Please fix ASAP. Stop putting out maps and fix the game. 

• Like 1

The game is now unplayable for me, I can't play the new map at all, tried so many times to play it but my game crashes 5 times each game, and now adleast 3 times on the original map. It's this type of poor development and trying to rush shit out that's making people leave.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dippy said:

The game is now unplayable for me, I can't play the new map at all, tried so many times to play it but my game crashes 5 times each game, and now adleast 3 times on the original map. It's this type of poor development and trying to rush shit out that's making people leave.

I’ve noticed a lot more crashing in the new mao but still crash at least once in Erangel

• Like 1

12 hours ago, VIPR OHHGEE said:

What is an ssd

Solid state drive. Its basically an external hardrive you plug into the xbox and move everything across to it to free space on your xbox which should enhance performance, dont quote me on this but a few of my pubg friends have them and usually render in quicker and when crashed out it reduces the tine to load back in 

I use an Xbox one s and have been crashing back to home screen a lot in thevearly stages of games and subsequently dying from circle etc. I have noticed certains time i crash are when i press the start button to apply attachments to guns etc, i have also noticed my crashing is worse on miramar

15 hours ago, VisualCriminal said:

While I appreciate the fact that this was made as a genuine suggestion I have to disagree. You see I also own a One-X and a PC and this game is consistently dogshit across both X-box and PC. In fact the one consistent thing in this game is how bad it plays, on any non-mobile platform, including the One-X (crashing in the menu much?). How do I know this? Because I have exactly the same issues trying to play this buggy crap regardless of the time of day or hardware used. I would say this was because of the new map update but if we're honest we all know that's not what the issue is. You see I doubt the problem is on my end and would rather suggest that Bluehole are clearly incapable of fixing their baseline code and thus the product and at best seem disinterested in doing so. This game is just as bad now as it has ever been.

After the latest update I have experienced multiple crashes. I do agree with you on the whole code thing. The build they released was the same as THE PTS and in my opinion they rushed it to live servers to try to keep the game fresh to keep up with the growing popularity of the competition. This here is a catch 22 on their end. Yes they broke the game. Crashing in the middle of a gun fight sucks, crashing in the middle of opening a door sucks, waiting for your friends to stop rubber banding while you pull security sucks. I subscribe to this thread, for a while (update prior to the most recent) this thread was mostly quiet, then the May update and boom 26 posts in one email. I feel everyone's pain, I too am having issues. I just want to try to help the community that loves a game so much they go out of there way to post their issues here. I want the game to work just like everyone else. I love playing pubg and I'm not going to stop. Blue Hole has shown that they can make a staber version. I have faith they will fix it. I will also post any and all suggestions here to try to help my fellow pubg's make it through this trying time. Hope to see everyone in game. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Xbox one s, during gameplay, no code, sometimes it goes black screen for 30sec then to home, and sometimes the picture freezes and I get a loud almost machine gun type noise blasting in my ears until I force dashboard! So it seems that I get kicked while driving alot and when shits going down! Multiple Charlie's in the vicinity! This is the biggest problem of the game. Fixing minor graphical errors, small terrain problems, worrying about what my player model looks like is petty to not being able to play full matches! 

Edited by Hermoid
Spelling

They should never have released any new content without fixing the known crashing issues. This is ridiculous. I crash out of every other game and sometimes multiple times in a single game. I love this game but this is getting old now.

• Like 1

Crasheo en vehículos al llegar a máxima velocidad, cuando voy nadando o en bote, ahora con el parche #13 tarda mucho mas en cargar el mapa 40 segundos aproximadamente después de soltar el paracaídas además es imposible avanzar en ese tiempo, se pone la pantalla en negro o cierra el juego y me manda al menú xbox, también hay mas lag que antes del parche #13, en ocasiones los sonidos se pierden, también los sonidos se escuchan de un lado y resulta que es del otro, bugs que te dejan atrapado en los edificios.

Xbox one S 

Xbox one x

mirimar map

duos

got kicked out while driving. Loud errrrrrrrr noise then kicked to the dashboard. I was able to come back just in time watch my downed player get shot. 4th or 5th Circle.

On 5/1/2018 at 11:28 AM, spacecadet187 said:

Here here....

im out for a while also 

Unplayable

So my game keeps crashing I get a black screen takes me back to Xbox homepage then I start players unknown again it allows me to continue the game now here's the kicker when it's loading you can see the three dots in the bottom right corner loading but you can hear stuff in the background and the problem with that is your actually live and people can kill you which is happened to me multiple times but you can't do anything cuz you can't see anything or you can do is hear what's going on in the background it kind of sucks specially when you're in the middle of a match and you're doing really well and then all of a sudden you get a black screen that send you back to your homepage and again like I said you have to open it up again that allows you to continue where you left off but while your screen is loading you're either in the non-playing zone or you're getting shot at by other people so it kind of sucks it doesn't give you any kind of error codes or anything like that another issue I've noticed is sometimes after a match it won't let you ready up you have to go back to the title screen and restart again and it asks you to sign back in it's kind of weird

I’ve never crashed so many times in my life!!!! Didn’t buy a new Xbox one x for this crap.  Crash when driving, crash when picking up items, crash when I put attachment on weapons.  I can’t go 3 matches without crashing!!!!

On 5/1/2018 at 11:28 AM, spacecadet187 said:

Getting worse with every day and every update....i wish i could just get my money back

Played 6 games last night, bringing my total of post-patch games to 7.  Played in a squad with two other guys.

Me:  Xbox One X

My squadmates: both on Xbox One S

I did not crash at all, but my squadmates did...one crashed twice, one crashed once.

I’m on the x, one of buddies is on the s and the other the regular one , and I crash just as much. I want to love this game but dear god the bugs and crashing don’t appear to be getting better

Posted (edited)

I crash 1 out of every 2 games.  Half the time in the top 15.  In cars, in gunfights, while reloading in after a crash, in the plane before dropping.  If you all dont fix this shit soon COD is going to take a lot of your players, because you know this shit won't be happening with their game..  I was in the top 300 on solo, have since crashed out in 5 or 6 games(of my 25 total matches) and come back dead.  Really completely screws any semblance of having a good k/d or win percentage when I crash out and die a good 4th of the games.  Fix it soon or I am moving on..

Edited by ChaosAntithesis
  • RIP 1

I'm sure this will be buried in the thread but here it goes. Some factors that seem to affect the chances of a crash.

1. Hardware

Original crashes more than S more than One X.

2. Speed of movement.

The more models the game is loading in the more likely you are to experience a crash.

3. Map

Miramar is far more buggy in general. Note that it's a larger map which requires the player to travel longer distances.

4. Restarting the game

I have only very rarely seen a crash in the first game. If you restart the game between games the likelihood of crash seems to decrease drastically.

This all leads me to believe that the number one cause is a memory leak. I have tried experimenting with whether it has an effect that other apps have been opened recently on the Xbox. So far I have not seen any significant difference.

Hey everyone, 

It looks like pubg corp. is starting to listen. I received two fresh emails from the today!!!! Yes they are addressing the issues and it looks like some of the stuff I personally have tried to help with (nice). Check out the the posts below. As always see you in game. Side note if any of you all wanna squad up hit me up... it really shouldn't be hard to figure out how.

I’ve found a way to reduce my crashing:

alright guys and ladies. I have been crashing constantly since the may update abd tried everything to minimise crashing. I have found that unistalling the gane and reinstalling has helped massively. Just thought i’d share whats worked for me as i know how frustrating crasjing every minite is

Posted (edited)

I have been playing this game for as long as it has been available on xbox and my game has crashed more times than I can count. 
Last week, while playing duos with a friend, I commented to him that it seemed that neither of us had had a game crash in a while and as if by some magic I seem to have completely jinxed it because since then, my game has crashed multiple times a day, every day. 
I was in a 3 man squad game on Friday and over the course of a single game, all three of our games crashed individually at different times.
It happens all the time, with everything from the most mundane actions like walking and aiming at the same time, to something more complex like driving or parachuting.

Xbox One X (You know... the "Optimized" one)

Almost always while in the middle of the game, but I have also had crashes upon launching the game itself and immediately upon entering a game.

No error code. Game locks up and usually makes a persistent buzzing sound before kicking out to the dashboard.

Yesterday alone I had 4 game crashes.
1.) Driving Buggy uphill, on road, max speed, boosted. (Desert Map)

2.) Driving Dacia with 2 broken wheels (Left Side), on road in blue zone, max speed, boosted. (Island Map)
3.) Mid gunfight - Desert Map.
4.) While running away from the blue circle, across an open field, no hostiles, no gun out, no red zone, full health, no active effects of any kind, no plane overhead, no cars nearby... ??? (Island Map)

Edited by Enviola
  • Like 1