Sign in to follow this  
BandwidthGod

FPS and Performance

There is still issues with the overall FPS in the game. This patch or test server seems to have an increase in performance but I still don't understand why my game is strapped upon what the server decides instead of my RIG and hardware. When 40 people are on the server I'm blazing along at 100FPS once 100 people have entered the lobby FPS drops to 20 to 25. Plane drops go as low as 15FPS and sometimes 4FPS. Once in game I've noticed an increase in many areas but not by much. I'm still floating in the 30FPS range in most places and 50FPS to 60FPS in some outside areas of the map. Getting very frustrated.

You really can't take a fight with someone when you have 30FPS or below. You will lose almost every single time. I have won several matches pre 04/20 patch. Since the 04/20 patch with the frame drops I haven't won a single match to date. Optimization should and could be much better on this engine.

Here is a link to my original post and test findings. 

Please HELP!@!!!

• Like 1

That's truth. Nothing changed. When other player starts shooting me or different players shoot each other near me, my FPS drops to 10-15. In other situations I have average 40 FPS.

i totaly agree with BandwidthGod exact same Prioblems for me. when i start lobby and there are 20-30 people ive over 100 fps but as more people joining till 100 im going down to 30 !  Startjump 20-30 FPS.  Big cities 20 FPS . Quiet regions 70FPS. And lagging as fk.

• Like 1

Yes same here , even in the Test Server a few minutes ago. The Lag was just as bad as the normal server.

I saved a few videos, but cant upload because you are limited to size of file you can upload as well as type of file.

Go to the beach and look out across the water, it will run smooth as silk, turn around and put some trees in your view and boom, Lag, Lag. 

Get in an octagon building and move the room in a circle, once the outside comes into view out the window, boom, Lag , Lag Lag

I have all game settings set at low ,except view distance is set to medium.

My system is.

Intel i7700

AsRock motherboard for that processor

Amd Rx 580 8 Gigs 

16 gigs GDDR5

Win 10

It will be a long time before we see the game run smooth, I think.

On 26.4.2017 at 4:09 PM, BandwidthGod said:

There is still issues with the overall FPS in the game. This patch or test server seems to have an increase in performance but I still don't understand why my game is strapped upon what the server decides instead of my RIG and hardware. When 40 people are on the server I'm blazing along at 100FPS once 100 people have entered the lobby FPS drops to 20 to 25. Plane drops go as low as 15FPS and sometimes 4FPS. Once in game I've noticed an increase in many areas but not by much. I'm still floating in the 30FPS range in most places and 50FPS to 60FPS in some outside areas of the map. Getting very frustrated.

Have exaclty the same Problems! But in open fields or Forests, sometimes i get 70-80 fps... it appears totaly random

I have loss faith in the dev team to correct this problem.  Not enough progress for such a major issue.  I think the game will always be broken.  For everyone sake I hope I am wrong :)

Posted (edited)

It could be coincidence but as of the latest update my FPS is significantly better. I'm regularly hitting 144fps, this only used to happen in mass open fields, but i've now achieved this in towns.

System Specs:

i7-4790k @ 4.7ghz

MSI GTX 1080

16GB DDR3 @ 2400mhz

Samsung 960 pro 500gb

Win 10

1440p @ 144hz

Inagme Settings:

AA - Ultra

PP - Very Low

Shadows - Very Low

Texture - High

Effects - Low

Foliage - Very Low

View Distance High

Edited by Ky-Zo

Still runs like crap on my rig. So sad. ~30 fps and drops when shot at.

i7-4820k

GTX 1080ti

16GB DDR3

SSD

Win 10

1440p @ 144hz

4 minutes ago, DonARViox said:

Still runs like crap on my rig. So sad. ~30 fps and drops when shot at.

i7-4820k

GTX 1080ti

16GB DDR3

SSD

Win 10

1440p @ 144hz

Sounds like you might be running -sm4 or -d3d10 as your launch options

1 minute ago, Aiiiiiiiii said:

Sounds like you might be running -sm4 or -d3d10 as your launch options

Nah. Sadly no. Have not messed with any other settings besides the ingame ones. It doesnt even matter if i change it from ultra to very low. It looks crappy sure, but it doesnt change the fps. And before anyone starts with "your computer is infected or bugged" just nope, its the game. What makes it worse it that i really like it though and want to play it.

4 minutes ago, DonARViox said:

Nah. Sadly no. Have not messed with any other settings besides the ingame ones. It doesnt even matter if i change it from ultra to very low. It looks crappy sure, but it doesnt change the fps. And before anyone starts with "your computer is infected or bugged" just nope, its the game. What makes it worse it that i really like it though and want to play it.

Ah that's a strange symptom. The game runs great on some systems so the first suspect should always be the computer that's experiencing poor performance. It's just not very likely that there's a game breaking bug/huge fault in an engine that would cause issues on just handful of computers while on others with similar specs and OS it does not. The main difference is and has always been the settings, drivers and software people are running. While everything is possible, if I would be you I'd still put more effort troubleshooting your computer. An easy way to figure out whether the OS is messing things up would be to install a clean trial version of windows on an old hard drive and run the game in it. If you happen to have one stashed somewhere.

Since you took the time to write such a long answer. Thanks ;)

What puzzles me is that in the menu (yes its not very heavy on the system) its runs with 144 fps. When the game starts on the island i get 120fps but as soon as more people join the game (it loads really fast on my system, often one of the first on the server) it gradually decreases performance, almost linear to the amount of people in the area till it floats at 25-30 fps.

Since your comment i tried a couple more times and dropped on the far ends of the island and then suddenly the fps go up to like 80, when obviously no one else is around.

Not meantioning the hickups here and than because that is surely another issue in the game.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, DonARViox said:

What puzzles me is that in the menu (yes its not very heavy on the system) its runs with 144 fps. When the game starts on the island i get 120fps but as soon as more people join the game (it loads really fast on my system, often one of the first on the server) it gradually decreases performance, almost linear to the amount of people in the area till it floats at 25-30 fps.

Since your comment i tried a couple more times and dropped on the far ends of the island and then suddenly the fps go up to like 80, when obviously no one else is around.

Not meantioning the hickups here and than because that is surely another issue in the game.

Yea that's "normal" at the current state. After the player count gets over 60 the fps will start to drop to 35-45fps level at 100players depending on the computer and will stay that way through the flight and deployment. The FPS drop should stop by the time you hit the ground tho.

They are working on optimizing the player models and it could be also be part of the Unreal engine issue they're waiting Epic to fix.

Edited by Aiiiiiiiii

On 5/16/2017 at 11:40 AM, DonARViox said:

I wonder if it's possibly an issue because you have a server board. It would be outside of the norm and possibly not being utilized correctly. I know after the big optimization update I didn't need launch option anymore but it's possible they could still help you. Maybe try:

-USEALLAVAILABLECORES -malloc=system

and see if it makes a difference.

It just seems strange that your system is unable to run the game in the same ways that similar systems are able to. Getting actual framerate drops based on the amount of "stuff" the computer needs to keep track of seems like either your gear is having trouble with increased demands (unlikely unless you're overheating) or the game is not using your systems resources correctly.

I have a Evga 4gb 960 and I never have trouble with framerate it's usually around 50-60 high medium setting