Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

itsAsics

Proximity Chat On Xbox One

Just a quick suggestion can we get the player voice channels in the settings, and finally add in that proximity chat that gives pubg that extra special quality in gameplay that PC currently has. 

It's something that will be added to the game sometime down the line.  They need to get the lag and crashes fixed first.  Priorities

in the faq it says they have no plans to do it but I hope they change stance on that once the game gets into a better place. keep asking. 

One of the main draws for me with this game was proximity chat, I've avidly followed pubg on PC via streaming/ YouTube and prox chat seemed awesome and hilarious.

i feel extremely dissapointed that the devs have stated they had no plans to add this to the console build. Basically Microsoft will have said no because they do trust there own gaming community. If I'd known this before purchasing I simply wouldn't have purchased, if yur a streamer/ youtuber this is a direct slap to the face in a way. All those great interactions that existed in the PC version just don't exist on console, feels like a much less community driven experience. 

Please help get this bread noticed so we can start adiscussion on this 

On 19 December 2017 at 6:44 AM, acidfiend said:

It's something that will be added to the game sometime down the line.  They need to get the lag and crashes fixed first.  Priorities

They've actually say in the FAQ section that they have no plans to add it which I suspect Microsoft has had a hand in. They view there own community as toxic and love to stop open communication In games as much as possible. I understand your reasoning on let them concentrate on the bug fixes, but remember this forum is for suggestions for now & the future. If every suggestion is shot down with the "let them fix the game first" attitude then you aren't help in the devs see what the community wants down the line before the line gets there. Plus we are the consumers here, we are the ones who have paid for the game, do not be so quick to give up your right to ask for more. The devs love feedback aslong as it's constructive

11 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

One of the main draws for me with this game was proximity chat, I've avidly followed pubg on PC via streaming/ YouTube and prox chat seemed awesome and hilarious.

i feel extremely dissapointed that the devs have stated they had no plans to add this to the console build. Basically Microsoft will have said no because they do trust there own gaming community. If I'd known this before purchasing I simply wouldn't have purchased, if yur a streamer/ youtuber this is a direct slap to the face in a way. All those great interactions that existed in the PC version just don't exist on console, feels like a much less community driven experience. 

Please help get this bread noticed so we can start adiscussion on this 

I agree 100 percent. I saw this game grow thru videos on youtube. Looked very fun on PC but i could not join in on the fun since i dont have a PC that could run it. 

When i saw this coming to XBOX one it prompted me to want to get an x box. Hoping they change their minds on this but if not we can hope that PS4 version has Proximity chat. 

This is indeed a part of the game that adds to be added. 

Yeah, proximity chat is in my opinion necessary for this game. It makes stealth challenging as well. That was half the reason I even played the Division. For those tense moments trying to talk people down, or telling people to get out of your sight haha.

Stay loud everybody, let them know we want this.

On 12/27/2017 at 6:29 AM, Fitment Goals said:

I agree 100 percent. I saw this game grow thru videos on youtube. Looked very fun on PC but i could not join in on the fun since i dont have a PC that could run it. 

When i saw this coming to XBOX one it prompted me to want to get an x box. Hoping they change their minds on this but if not we can hope that PS4 version has Proximity chat. 

This is indeed a part of the game that adds to be added. 

Microsoft secured console exclusive not just launch exclusive so no PS4 

Not really interested in prox chat. I think its fun how it is now. Of course there is allot to do to improve the game u never now what they will add. 

Xbox live it too toxic for proximity chat. It’s not needed and would just result in the N word being blasted on coms 24/7. No thanks

2 minutes ago, StinkF1345 said:

Xbox live it too toxic for proximity chat. It’s not needed and would just result in the N word being blasted on coms 24/7. No thanks

Not everyone is PewDiePie

Just now, JDzerofive said:

Not everyone is PewDiePie

But plenty are... all you have to do is go to a COD lobby to realize.. we don’t want this feature.. lol

4 minutes ago, StinkF1345 said:

And the PC is ANY better mate? What you on about?

Just now, Saccshop said:

And the PC is ANY better mate? What you on about?

Pc is a bit better. Less children screaching and spamming voice comms. Not as many kiddies have a legit PC to play this game. 

Just now, StinkF1345 said:

Pc is a bit better. Less children screaching and spamming voice comms. Not as many kiddies have a legit PC to play this game. 

Your right. It is just grown men screeching and yelling at you. Just as many bad apples on PC as on Xbox or any other platform. Can't generalize it to that extent. 

5 minutes ago, Saccshop said:

Your right. It is just grown men screeching and yelling at you. Just as many bad apples on PC as on Xbox or any other platform. Can't generalize it to that extent. 

Yes you can. Come on man. Every child from South Africa to China has an Xbox. But to game on PC you need money and time and effort. Yes their is plenty of bad eggs. Always will be. But children run Xbox live. Therefore it’s natural that statistically their would be more occupancies of child related BS. Adults are bad too. Don’t get me wrong. I understand. But Xbox live is marketed for children. Hence more childish... trying to be nice... voice comms

Just now, StinkF1345 said:

Yes you can. Come on man. Every child from South Africa to China has an Xbox. But to game on PC you need money and time and effort. Yes their is plenty of bad eggs. Always will be. But children run Xbox live. Therefore it’s natural that statistically their would be more occupancies of child related BS. Adults are bad too. Don’t get me wrong. I understand. But Xbox live is marketed for children. Hence more childish... trying to be nice... voice comms

Playing on PC I have encountered just as many sour kids as I have on Xbox from random matchmaking (other games) so I do not have the same ideal as you. Every child in South Africa has a box? Are you mad? You don't honestly believe that. Another generalization I disagree with. Proxy chat can be turned off - I say allow the same just to hear the intensity of the butt hurt.

1 hour ago, PotatoBot said:

Microsoft secured console exclusive not just launch exclusive so no PS4 

Please show me this article. I hope your kidding. i really do lol 

in response to the XBOX kiddies and Proximity chat not being something the community wants, as long as we can mute them then this shouldn't be a problem. 

If proximity chat does not come to XBOX ONE, eventually i see myself going over to PC. 

3 minutes ago, Fitment Goals said:

in response to the XBOX kiddies and Proximity chat not being something the community wants, as long as we can mute them then this shouldn't be a problem. 

If proximity chat does not come to XBOX ONE, eventually i see myself going over to PC. 

They sold 3 million copies in 3 days on Xbox. Anyone that thinks they will give up that exclusivity is on crack. Sorry PS4. But I bet PS4 gets siege or escape from Tarkov. They will respond and they will get a great exclusive too. It’s market capitalism and is working as intended. No worry guys. PS4 will get something equally as bad ass. 

3 hours ago, Fitment Goals said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.windowscentral.com/playerunknowns-battlegrounds-console-exclusive-xbox-one%3famp

There's different reports as to what console exclusive means with regards to PUBG, as it's in Early Access some reports are saying that Microsofts exclusivity is just for that not the actual full released version, another possibility is Early Access and timed exclusive on full release .

Player Unknown and bluehole have said they want to reach as many consoles as possible.

Until there's offical word from either Bluehole or MS clarifying if it's just the EA or the full game is a console exclusive, at the moment it's all guess work