Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

itsAsics

Proximity Chat On Xbox One

Agreed. Allow a On/Off toggle switch. If F13: The Game can do it on Microsoft's gaming platform why shouldn't Bluehole/Xbox?

Have you not seen all the cry-babies on this forum for Xbox? Adding proximity voice  chat would be so toxic, imagine all the bans because jimmy called Mikey a wiener brain?!

Seriously though I bet the Microsoft terms of use + Proximity chat is a logistical nightmare

Children on XBOX already are violating the TOS agreement with microsoft for playing things above their age range. So those children need better or more informed parents. Nothing we can do about that. For the adults - we simply need a agreement screen saying that turning on proxy chat is at the discretion of the user and is unregulated. That any chat while using it is for adults and adults only. Once we click the checkbox - we can turn on proxy chat and you can really find out how many people have had fun with your mum.

On 12/29/2017 at 7:58 AM, StinkF1345 said:

Xbox live it too toxic for proximity chat. It’s not needed and would just result in the N word being blasted on coms 24/7. No thanks

So you think the PC community is somehow magically any better? Hahaha ok sure. Besides its already addressed with the magic mute chat button.

On 12/29/2017 at 11:45 AM, PotatoBot said:

The CEO of Pubg Corp said in an interview yesterday that it was coming to PS4 but not in the state it is now. He said the PS4 had no early access type of service that allowed pre-release games and Sony was strict when it came to quality. I don’t need links, just google it. The interview is all over gaming news sites and YouTube.

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 8:02 AM, StinkF1345 said:

all you have to do is go to a COD lobby to realize.. we don’t want this feature.. lol

So, you're going to judge ALL of Xbox Live based upon the community of a single game series? o.O

Every online service and game series has both the good and the bad - what's important is who you choose to hang out with or how you deal with those who don't play by the rules. My advice, as an Xbox Live Community Ambassador, Xbox Insider, and United Enforcer is:

- make friends with players who are polite and show respect; and

- ignore (e.i. don't respond to) and report those who break the Xbox Live Code of Conduct and Terms of Use.

I think proximity chat is a great idea, and I fully support its implementation, provided an option to disable it is also put into the game.

12 minutes ago, Galactic Geek said:

So, you're going to judge ALL of Xbox Live based upon the community of a single game series? o.O

Every online service and game series has both the good and the bad - what's important is who you choose to hang out with or how you deal with those who don't play by the rules. My advice, as an Xbox Live Community Ambassador, Xbox Insider, and United Enforcer is:

- make friends with players who are polite and show respect; and

- ignore (e.i. don't respond to) and report those who break the Xbox Live Code of Conduct and Terms of Use.

I think proximity chat is a great idea, and I fully support its implementation, provided an option to disable it is also put into the game.

Unfortunately most are kids that bump their gums behind a screen bc they know they can’t get their face caved in.  As long as you can disable it, it doesn’t bother me.  I’m the first to hit the “mute all” on any non team based scenario.  

23 minutes ago, Matt20714 said:

Unfortunately most are kids that bump their gums behind a screen bc they know they can’t get their face caved in.  As long as you can disable it, it doesn’t bother me.  I’m the first to hit the “mute all” on any non team based scenario.  

Players will often try to get a rise out of you for 2 reasons:

1. they genuinely enjoy it, or

2. they are trying to get a strategic advantage in some way.

Regardless of which it is, ignoring them takes away all of their power. For example, if you mute/block them, what can they say? Nothing!

If they're breaking the XBL CoC or ToU and you report them for their behavior, they will be punished if they continue doing so, and when they do, they will hopefully learn their lesson in the process.

For those of you who might say that reporting doesn't work, I assure you that it does indeed work - I report players all of the time for breaking the rules and receive a message from XBL virtually every week that thanks me for doing so, as action was taken against someone I reported. That said, if you report someone simply because they won or were better than you, for example, it will not work, and in the process you will hurt your own chances of making legitimate reports in the future, which doesn't help you, them, or XBL (Microsoft does not take kindly to those who cry wolf). 

3 minutes ago, Galactic Geek said:

Players will often try to get a rise out of you for 2 reasons:

1. they genuinely enjoy it, or

2. they are trying to get a strategic advantage in some way.

Regardless of which it is, ignoring them takes away all of their power. For example, if you mute/block them, what can they say? Nothing!

If they're breaking the XBL CoC or ToU and you report them for their behavior, they will be punished if they continue doing so, and when they do, they will hopefully learn their lesson in the process.

For those of you who might say that reporting doesn't work, I assure you that it does indeed work - I report players all of the time for breaking the rules and receive a message from XBL virtually every week that thanks me for doing so, as action was taken against someone I reported. That said, if you report someone simply because they won or were better than you, for example, it will not work, and in the process you will hurt your own chances of making legitimate reports in the future, which doesn'thelp you, them, or XBL (Microsoft does not take kindly to those who cry wolf). 

That’s it.  I report religiously, in those circumstances, and have gotten the same reply from MS a few times.  

1 hour ago, Ka0tic Br0ck said:

The CEO of Pubg Corp said in an interview yesterday that it was coming to PS4 but not in the state it is now. He said the PS4 had no early access type of service that allowed pre-release games and Sony was strict when it came to quality. I don’t need links, just google it. The interview is all over gaming news sites and YouTube.

All I just read from things posted less than 9 hours ago say it might he hopes to have it on all systems but they are going to finish and keep their eyes on Xbox for now so at least a year befor they even think about it

Just now, PotatoBot said:

All I just read from things posted less than 9 hours ago say it might he hopes to have it on all systems but they are going to finish and keep their eyes on Xbox for now so at least a year befor they even think about it

It will be on there by summer.....that’s a no brainer! 

26 minutes ago, Ka0tic Br0ck said:

It will be on there by summer.....that’s a no brainer! 

Highly doubtful it is for the moment an Xbox exclusive that will more than likely be a year

On 19/12/2017 at 7:44 AM, acidfiend said:

It's something that will be added to the game sometime down the line.  They need to get the lag and crashes fixed first.  Priorities

i agree 

On 29 December 2017 at 1:05 PM, StinkF1345 said:

Pc is a bit better. Less children screaching and spamming voice comms. Not as many kiddies have a legit PC to play this game. 

You get to the starter island once on the PC and learn very quickly to mute everyone. It's that, or risk permanent hearing damage :D

Occasionally there's some humour to be found there but for the most part it's kids shouting racial slurs or telling you what they're going to do to various members of your family. 

Then there's the music being played at daft levels.

It is however funny when you're in game hearing someone get all salty when you kill them :ph34r:

I don't see why proxy chat wouldn't be added seeing as it's on the pc. I feel like it would add a whole new dynamic to the game that is already great.

On 03/01/2018 at 5:52 AM, PotatoBot said:

Highly doubtful it is for the moment an Xbox exclusive that will more than likely be a year

Agreed. No-one signs an exclusivity deal on a game for less than a year, let alone on a review game. 

I find it very unfortunate that the FAQ says there are no plans for proximity chat on XBOX. 

I understand the argument that some don't want to hear screeching kids or people who are very rude, but here is a simple solution to make both sides happy.

Have an option to turn it on or off. It's that simple. If you enjoy proximity chat, turn it on, if not, turn it off. I don't see why not.

On 12/29/2017 at 8:25 AM, StinkF1345 said:

They sold 3 million copies in 3 days on Xbox. Anyone that thinks they will give up that exclusivity is on crack. Sorry PS4. But I bet PS4 gets siege or escape from Tarkov. They will respond and they will get a great exclusive too. It’s market capitalism and is working as intended. No worry guys. PS4 will get something equally as bad ass. 

I read an interview yesterday and they said they are eventually going to move the game to other consoles eventually, I’ll see if I can find it again and post it. 

Edit: here’s the interview 

https://www.invenglobal.com/articles/3881/id-like-pubg-to-become-a-universal-media-franchise-ch-kim-the-ceo-of-pubg-corp

On ‎29‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 12:58 PM, StinkF1345 said:

Xbox live it too toxic for proximity chat. It’s not needed and would just result in the N word being blasted on coms 24/7. No thanks

Oh you think its toxic now? Wait until you see these forums in 2 months with still no proximity chat threads.

Yes, please add proximity chat! It was so much fun in Halo 2/3.

I want moments like this:

Pretty please?