Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

itsAsics

Proximity Chat On Xbox One

On 12/18/2017 at 10:44 PM, acidfiend said:

It's something that will be added to the game sometime down the line.  They need to get the lag and crashes fixed first.  Priorities

Which should be sometime this week or next week so I would say they are working on it now or the new content (Desert Map/New Guns and Vehicles)

I bought PubG because of the proximity chat, when I found out that xbox didn't have it I assumed it would be added soon! I really hope it will be added down the line ! If they don't add it I will be kinda disappointed in my purchase ! It just feels stale without it ! 

On 12/29/2017 at 7:25 AM, StinkF1345 said:

They sold 3 million copies in 3 days on Xbox. Anyone that thinks they will give up that exclusivity is on crack. Sorry PS4. But I bet PS4 gets siege or escape from Tarkov. They will respond and they will get a great exclusive too. It’s market capitalism and is working as intended. No worry guys. PS4 will get something equally as bad ass. 

Yeah I thought it was xbox only but.....found this the other day and so far as i can tell its coming for PS4. Not going to rely 100 percent on this being accurate but found it 

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/904585/PUBG-Xbox-One-update-Battlegrounds-PS4-release-date-news-Steam-patch

Microsoft have it as a timed exclusive. I believe it’s for at least 12 months so it was always coming to PS4. More a question of when not if.

9 minutes ago, Phantom2k83 said:

Microsoft have it as a timed exclusive. I believe it’s for at least 12 months so it was always coming to PS4. More a question of when not if.

I didnt know they had timed exclusives. Very interesting

Squad Chat is needed 10000000000000 times more than proximity chat.

Especially for random squad matches.

6 minutes ago, yeaitsme07 said:

I didnt know they had timed exclusives. Very interesting

Yeah.  They wanted monopolize the moment to drive as much sales of the X as they can.  

On 19.12.2017 at 6:54 AM, itsAsics said:

Just a quick suggestion can we get the player voice channels in the settings, and finally add in that proximity chat that gives pubg that extra special quality in gameplay that PC currently has. 

They want to add this feature to the game, but Microsoft doesn't allow them to do this, because they want to prevent the abuse or something Like this.

Would love this feature but I agree with others that say lag and game crashes need to be addressed first.

I really hope they add the proximity chat to the xbox one version because watching pc videos the proximity chat really made the game to me and without it now playing the xbox version it really feels like its missing something without the chat feature ... And if they are worried about the community being "toxic" then they can add an option to turn it on or off in the menu , they cant just not add this feature in my opinion or else i and alot of other people will switch to pc or another game all together if one comes out with such a feature .proximity chat is a big part of pubg in my opinion and i really hope to see it added in an update in the future , i would be quite dissapointed if it wasnt and would feel abit cheated tbh cause i never saw that they werent planning it 

On ‎19‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 5:54 AM, itsAsics said:

Just a quick suggestion can we get the player voice channels in the settings, and finally add in that proximity chat that gives pubg that extra special quality in gameplay that PC currently has. 

its not upto pub g for the most part Microsoft wont allow it because people bullying other players

On 19 December 2017 at 6:44 AM, acidfiend said:

It's something that will be added to the game sometime down the line.  They need to get the lag and crashes fixed first.  Priorities

I do not mean to be insulting to this poster. But this is the suggestion discussion section of the forum and answering every suggestion with the above response makes no sense in respect to that. More than ten suggestions had already been incorporated into the game aswell as bug fixes etc. So please stop dismissing suggestions. The devs sold three million copies in a month I'm pretty sure they can do both

On 1/16/2018 at 1:47 PM, C1an3k said:

They want to add this feature to the game, but Microsoft doesn't allow them to do this, because they want to prevent the abuse or something Like this.

How do you know that?

i got pubg for random moments good or bad with proximity chat and if im not getting it i would like my money back i hate when pc gets more than console the slightest thing makes a difference and more fun the game more ppl want to play it simple just have option to turn it on or of not hard solving problem to those who dont like it 

ps if u want to make it more fun and brutal at the same time add animals in it like in far cry could turn the game majorly or let someone mod it in  and for Halloween even a killer who cant be killed except for last team or person he would be invincible can stun him and plays loud creepy music when close only use melee weapons and stuns and smokes dears to keep games fresh while expanding  to grab more people in 

This thread has had thousands of views so prox chat is obviously something the community wants, it'd be nice if a moderator or dev would atleast comment on whether this is even an option. So those of is who wanted the game primarily for content can move on to another game

Microsoft do not have any issues with it if that was the case why does one of the biggest online games out have it in ESO where hundreds of players on each team (and there's 3 teams!) Can all hear each other its hilarious!

See, with the whole "Microsoft won't allow it due to toxic behaviour" stance....

why on earth do they allow it with a lot of other games?

rocket league has voice chat and those people are toxic a.f when losing, why should pubg be any different?

On 12/29/2017 at 10:40 AM, Theisman said:

There's different reports as to what console exclusive means with regards to PUBG, as it's in Early Access some reports are saying that Microsofts exclusivity is just for that not the actual full released version, another possibility is Early Access and timed exclusive on full release .

Player Unknown and bluehole have said they want to reach as many consoles as possible.

Until there's offical word from either Bluehole or MS clarifying if it's just the EA or the full game is a console exclusive, at the moment it's all guess work

The site states PUBG is console exclusive learn how to read!

5 hours ago, ArchAngelx96x said:

The site states PUBG is console exclusive learn how to read!

I know how to read, I suggest  you re-read my post again and this time try to understand the words I have written.

Sometimes console exclusive i.e. tomb raider, is for a limited period of time before being released on other consoles.

Unless it has been changed in the 2 months since I wrote that let me try to explain again, without any clarification from Bluehole or Microsoft as to the scope of the exclusivity and given that Mr Green has said he would like to reach as many consoles as possible, has lead people to believe that the exclusivity is just for the early access and it will be eventually released on another platform.

Now If you have a link for where it says it will remain an XBOX only exclusive I'd be happy to read it and be corrected . 

I think they could only add proximity chat it in solo, if you play duo or squad and are in an Xbox party chat it blocks out all other game chat. Maybe that's the complication with adding Prox chat?

In my opinion; it'd make the game quite toxic and frustrating for many. Sure, there would be some funny moments, but nothing is worse than being killed and having someone scream at you calling you trash. Makes you want to throw your controller through your screen.

48 minutes ago, Yawallek said:

I think they could only add proximity chat it in solo, if you play duo or squad and are in an Xbox party chat it blocks out all other game chat. Maybe that's the complication with adding Prox chat?

Wouldn't be hard to play In game chat and have a toggle option for squad/global chat.

10 hours ago, Theisman said:

I know how to read, I suggest  you re-read my post again and this time try to understand the words I have written.

Sometimes console exclusive i.e. tomb raider, is for a limited period of time before being released on other consoles.

Unless it has been changed in the 2 months since I wrote that let me try to explain again, without any clarification from Bluehole or Microsoft as to the scope of the exclusivity and given that Mr Green has said he would like to reach as many consoles as possible, has lead people to believe that the exclusivity is just for the early access and it will be eventually released on another platform.

Now If you have a link for where it says it will remain an XBOX only exclusive I'd be happy to read it and be corrected . 

It states console exclusive so that right their proves the site right it will never go to ps4 just like halo! So no you do not know how to read! Here is a site that proves us right and you wrong again! Also would love to see a link where Mr Green stated he wanted to reach as many consoles as possible! 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/887420/PUBG-news-Xbox-One-X-PlayerUnknowns-Battlegrounds-PS4-Desert-Map/amp