Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GROUNDHOG

XBox one sensitivity

I am not sure if this is the right place to post a topic regarding the controls,  but I have a question that I'm sure others do aswell.  I am aware PUBG is  its own game and works in its own ways,  but I come from a battlefield background on XBOX and have always been able to change my settings to feel the same in each game.  In the case of PUBG,  I am unable to configurate my sensitivities to feel "normal" to me.  In BF4/BF1 on XBOX I play 40 sensitivity across the board with Uniform Soldier Aiming and center deadzone at 11. After a few days of playing PUBG I went onto BF1 and even with my sensitivity on PUBG being all 10/10 max sensitivity,  BF1 still feels faster.  This is frustrating for me because I'm used to playing at a high sensitivity and still able to manage the quickness of it.  On the other hand with PUBG, there must be aim acceleration incorporated inside the settings that is un changeable at the moment because some times my aim goes way off or does not move fast enough at all.  Any tips on how I could match my PUBG sensitivities to a XBOX BF1 sensitivity? 

And to add to this,  I would assume that 5/10 defualt sensitivity on PUBG is similar to 50/100 on battlefield,  but its not the case because I'm playing on 10/10 PUBG sensitivity and it feels like 25/100 on BF1 sensitivity.  Please give your feedback on this case to better help me understand how I could try and correct my sensitivity issues. Thank you. 

Give it time mate, the biggest issue at the moment is the constant crashing going on they no doubt have as a priority. This is the first week of the game in preview, im sure down the track you will see things added but for now you just need to cope with the options you have if you want to play.

How'd you think i feel, i play BF1 on 100/100 sens lol. Itll improve over time........ hopefully! Lower sens i can deal with provided they give options to turn off aim acceleration.

Because there's no aim assist. Use lower settings on scopes and high settings for general. 

Mine are:

General -8

Vehicle -1

Targeting-5

Scoping-3

2x-2

4x-2

8x-1

15x-1

The general consensus on PC is that the lower the settings you can get away with for ranged the better, high for general/ up close. Hope this helps, happy hunting!

Oh and my deadzone is on the default of 10 because my controllers decided it likes to slowly drift downwards of its own accord.

2 hours ago, TommyChrist said:

The general consensus on PC is that the lower the settings you can get away with for ranged the better, high for general/ up close. Hope this helps, happy hunting!

Hmm I will have to try these out. Got everything set at 8 at the moment.

I get the impression that the sensitivity scale is a little broken right now.  I switch it up almost every game because, ya, in a fight I either cannot keep my reticule up with an opponent that is side strafing, or it just flies right past him when I feather it :(   In addition, this game has no aim assist, EVERY other game does, so there is a learning curve there that people may assume is the sensitivities, back in the day, there was an option to turn aim assist on or off, most games it is just standard now so most of us don't even realize how much a game is aiming for us ;) 

Did you recheck your sensitivity settings after the patch updates, mine all got reset after update 3 

Since they've added the option to tune the aim acceleration, I've turned it to 0, and increased sensitivity across the board, as without acceleration the reticle moves at one consistent speed rather than gaining speed so literally everything felt really slow. It feels much better now. Set the acceleration to zero then fine tune everything else as you go along, you'll find you'll end up setting most options above 5. It's made a huge improvement =D

Since the update The thing I've been saying to people who I play with, is that if you set your AA to 0, keep you general, vehicle and targeting to the same previously before the patch, and the up your scopes all by 4 each.

For example if you had x2 at 2, that then goes to 6.

X8 at 1 that goes to 5.

If gives them an idea to then build from.

Would any settings on the Xbox Accessories app help?

Ive seen you can map a hell of alot of stuff on the data graphs about how your sticks act etc but ive never played with them

11 hours ago, TommyChrist said:

Since they've added the option to tune the aim acceleration, I've turned it to 0, and increased sensitivity across the board, as without acceleration the reticle moves at one consistent speed rather than gaining speed so literally everything felt really slow. It feels much better now. Set the acceleration to zero then fine tune everything else as you go along, you'll find you'll end up setting most options above 5. It's made a huge improvement =D

I find that this helps a lot along with adjusting the aim acceleration as you get out of gun fights. I think the biggest issue is players not understanding what some of the settings affect.

4 hours ago, JayKillaVII said:

I find that this helps a lot along with adjusting the aim acceleration as you get out of gun fights. I think the biggest issue is players not understanding what some of the settings affect.

Exactly this

My setting never save like every time I exit the game I have to go back and set them again 

On 12/20/2017 at 12:01 PM, GROUNDHOG said:

I am not sure if this is the right place to post a topic regarding the controls,  but I have a question that I'm sure others do aswell.  I am aware PUBG is  its own game and works in its own ways,  but I come from a battlefield background on XBOX and have always been able to change my settings to feel the same in each game.  In the case of PUBG,  I am unable to configurate my sensitivities to feel "normal" to me.  In BF4/BF1 on XBOX I play 40 sensitivity across the board with Uniform Soldier Aiming and center deadzone at 11. After a few days of playing PUBG I went onto BF1 and even with my sensitivity on PUBG being all 10/10 max sensitivity,  BF1 still feels faster.  This is frustrating for me because I'm used to playing at a high sensitivity and still able to manage the quickness of it.  On the other hand with PUBG, there must be aim acceleration incorporated inside the settings that is un changeable at the moment because some times my aim goes way off or does not move fast enough at all.  Any tips on how I could match my PUBG sensitivities to a XBOX BF1 sensitivity? 

Don't feel too bad, my pubg for Xbox one won't even let me adjust any of my aim settings. I've uninstalled the game repeatedly and still cant adjust them. I have a similar story coming from COD background and feel the same about the slow movement. If anyone has any advice I'd greatly appreciate it. I feel so overmatched playing that it's taken a lot of the fun out of it to the point I don't want to keep playing, which sucks because I enjoy the game so much.

You can’t make the aiming feel like BF1. The max turn speed on this game is simply too slow. 

There are acceleration settings in this game, look for ‘aim acceleration’ setting. 

I personally like the aim acceleration in this game (mine is set to ‘0’), I feel like I can navigate well while also still being able to be accurate.