PUBG_Caesar of Roma

Known Work Arounds - General Bugs

Hello Players,

Here is a list of known work arounds for common bugs that are found in game, sourced by the community. These are temporary until the team at Bluehole can get a chance to permanently resolve them. These are not guaranteed fixes and they may not work for everyone. If you have a work around please post it here and I'll add it to the list. This post will be constantly updated with new information as it becomes available.

If you have a connection/steam/launch issue try this thread: 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leaderboards and the reward system are a work in progress. The stats may not update right away or you may not get your items. Sorry for the inconvenience and please bear with us.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 1. Unable to use Medkit/Bandages/Pills and other boost items.

WA- Drop your weapons and pick them back up, this should enable healing and boost items

WA2- Firing your weapon one time has been reported to correct this bug as well. -Thanks, @Wags

2. Before getting to the main menu you face this screen. 

58fc2773eba5c_Screenshot(187).png.63360163e670e5211c6ab3707dca0736.thumb.png.fdfcae7391cee08fb4baa47828c38667.png

WA - You will want to run CC Cleaner and Malwarebytes. This also goes if you have a website pop up before you get to the main menu. 

3. Stuck on an infinite loading screen where you can still hear game sounds. 

WA-"There is a fix circulating around that switching your game to a SSD works, however if you're like me you don't own an SSD.

I found a fix that works for me 100% of the time that does not require an SSD.

Once you are loaded into the game and can hear the audio, ALT+TAB out of and then into the game. Once you're window focuses back in, open your inventory (default: TAB). It will vary on the speed on which it takes the loading screen to go away, but it usually fixes before you get in the plane."

-Thanks, @McChicken-Tan

4. Stuck on "matching", unable to cancel or get into a game. 

18175886_10155153724608548_1368763933_o.png.39692b3784bd0b13aa544a65144bc55b.thumb.png.189e789e66edc2284bfe55a95ab5ea6c.png

WA - "We have found a temporary workaround that you may use until the real issue is resolved.  

1. Create a new Steam account or login to a preexisting account that does not own the game.
  2. Log back into the main Steam account affected by the bug.
  3. Allow Family-Sharing (via Steam) from said main account to the new/secondary account.
  4. Log back into the new/secondary account, start the game, and create a new character.
    1. Note:  This workaround will not carry over any progress/settings/configuration from your primary account.

I hope this temporary workaround helps those of you affected by the bug have the opportunity to play the game again, at the very least."

-Thanks, Yunkin! 

5. Lost Connection to Server

WA - note: when i say the lost connection to server bug i mean the one where after you been playing for 10 minutes or so you suddenly cannot reload or open doors and then a few minutes later you get disconnected from the server. this might help the people who just cant get the game to work at all but ive not tested it.

So after some testing i found out that its updates to windows enhancing their firewall making it happen. The recent creators update  messes things up i think.

If you turn the firewall off totally it works great. but thats hardly a solution i wouldnt recommend leaving your firewall off permanently.

What i did was go into the windows firewall and create an outbound rule

here is a guide if your not into this stuff 

https://www.howtogeek.com/112564/how-to-create-advanced-firewall-rules-in-the-windows-firewall/

is a "public" network if you have to choose.

so go new rule, then program..

you have to locate the tslgame.exe  which for me was  %ProgramFiles% (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PUBG\TslGame\Binaries\Win64\TslGame.exe

Then just allow it all for the rest and that should stop windows stopping it communicating with the server halfway through a game.

HTH 
SENTY

-Thanks, Senty

6. Unable to revive teammates

"If this happens to you, switch guns then try again. It fixes the bug. "

-Thanks, @LinkZeppeloyd

7. If you encounter the below message in the upper left:

7596659d0a73dd54af9985a18833772e.jpg.e1096abdcdae5151123ba46a0f045a72.thumb.jpg.5344a2b9db3c19ce5e17fc24d5dbbfe2.jpg

WA- "Open up the Command Prompt as administrator and type netsh winsock reset and then try again. If that is not working try to flush your DNS. Just do the same as before mentioned and just type ipconfig /flushdns. Hope it works." 

-Thanks, @Meddi!

8. If you are experiencing a crash due to a flashbangs/gernades please lower your effect settings to avoid this for now while the team works on a proper fix.

9. If you are experiencing being knocked down or killed before dropping from a plane... In the lobby before the loading screen into the plane, jump into the water and go for a swim. I do this every match and have not had an issue. This should counter the bug. 

10. AMD FX FPS smoothing and sound correction

"I found the cure for AMD FX !!
DISABLE IN BIOS:
1- Cool'n'Quiet
2- Turbo Boost or Turbo Core or AMD Turbo Tecnology or Core performance Boost.

I'm Brazilian, sorry the translator, tested by 30 people ... my configuration: FX 8350 + r7 360 + 16gb

Stable FPS 60/53 and no frame drops !!

I made a long post in Portuguese, my English is horrible, so these steps are the summary!"

-Thanks, @Douglas J Santos!

11. Disabling Steam Overlay has been noted to help reduce the random crashing. 

12. Issues with fullscreen mode... 

"What I did:
1st, in Steam Library, go to PUBG's Game Properties (Right Click > Properties)

2nd, Set Launch Options - Put this: -fullscreen

3rd, went to PUBG's main folder which is in:

G:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\PUBG\TslGame\Binaries\Win64

I've put PUBG in my G: directory so change it to where you've put yours and just navigate.

4th, right click on TslGame.exe NOT TslGame_BE, then go to Compatibility, uncheck Override Highscaling DPI behavior blablalba

5th, Boot the game and set its Settings to Window mode, then choose your desired lower resolution, close the game then boot it up again.. PROFIT"

-Thanks, @FauxValkan!

13. Rain freezes during match...

This is due to reshade. For now I would recommend to disable reshade. 

-Thanks, @Tms

14. G502 Mouse Issues

-Switch to Fullscreen instead of Windowed(-Fullscreen)

-Deactivate smooth mouse accleration in windows.

-Thanks, @RoboDanjal Via steam forums! 

15. How to fix crashes (one possibility) & shadows inside buildings

This worked for me post-patch. I played 10 consecutive games without crashing at all.

1. 1. Go find your INI files at "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\TslGame\Saved\Config"
  2. 2. Copy all your INI files, create a new folder, name it "BACKUP INI" or whatever, and paste your INI files inside the new folder.
  3. 3. Delete all of your INI files in the folder mentioned at step 1 (do not delete the INI files in your backup folder, this is just in case it shits the bed).
  4. 4. Verify game cache.
  5. 5. Load up your game with fresh new INI files.
  6. 6. Edit your hotkeys, mouse sensitivity, graphical settings, etc.
  7. 7. Your good to go.

You can go back to your backup INI file to find out your mouse sensitivity and hotkeys.

-Thanks, @pride_xd!

16. Failed to Initialize Steam

Hello guys! After searching for fix for my " FAILED TO INITIALIZE STEAM" i didnt find solution to my problem, and was mad AF!!!

I did try all possible fixes i.e - reinstalling steam running as administrator.

And its just looks like its BattleEYE, the game is poorly made....

The main problem ( in my case ) was TslGame_BE.exe - the program is incompatible.

The game worked perfectly before, and all of a sudden one day did not launch..

How to fix - klick on TslGame_BE.exe - properties "Run this program in compatibility mode and select "run for windows vista".

I have windows 10 but, when i choose run choose run in windows vista, the game worked. ( you might also check disable fullscreen optimization ).

Hope it helps somebody,  because i know how frustrating it can be! 

-Thanks, @SameOrNot!

17. Crashing to desktop due to ASUS software and headphones

I have a continuous crash to desktop almost every time I play a match. The game loads fine but it's once I am in game or the spawn island that  my game freezes randomly and I get kicked to my desktop. I don't have a code hooking software running. RivaTuner 7.0 I have set to disable on the on screen display and set application detection to none. I have sent a plethora of crash logs ever since I noticed this. A response on this crash would be great. Setting windows defender does not seem to make a difference. And weather or not Discord is running does not make a difference either.

With this crash I have never received any kind of error message. I just crash to desktop and see the crash reporter.

I disabled ASUS ROG 7.1 Sonic Studio 1.1.15 for the ASUS ROG Centurion headphones and the game does not seem to be crashing for me anymore. 

-Thanks, @MrPinesol!

18. Game running slow or buildings not loading in correctly. 

Once the game is running, go into Task Manager and click Details:
Rbuob1j.png

And scroll down until you find TslGame, right click it, and press Set Priority -> High:
mET5yVg.png

-Thanks, @ahk1221

19. Mouse is not registering clicks

WA: change from Fullscreen windowed to fullscreen.

-Thanks, @Igo!

• Like 2

Wags    5
Posted (edited)

Regarding being unable to use medkits, first aid, bandages, etc, If you fire your weapon 1 time, you will be able to use said items. This works 100% of the time for me, as dropping weapons and picking back up does not work for me.

Edited by Wags
Spelling
  • Like 1

H4wK32    0
Posted (edited)

It happened to me too and i could solve it changing my weapon slot. I mean if you using weapon 1, switch to weapon 2... I hope that it would be fixed soon. Greetings.

Edited by H4wK32

Tassen    1

Just had this happen to me. None of the solutions worked.

NickEZ    0

Title pretty much says it all. Periodically we cant use healing items, only fix is to drop your weapons and pick them up again... If this happens when you are in a fight it can easily get you killed.

mafiofreak    0
Posted (edited)

I noticed today I was unable to use any meds when wearing the m416. On EU Solo server.

After I pressed X to unequip I could use the meds again.

Now I don't know if it's a certain attachment or not. I had a compensator, vertical foregrip, ext. quickdraw, m416 stock and a red dot sight.

Using meds with my m16 was working just fine.

Edited by mafiofreak

patreek    0

Hi, I noticed, if I jump (with space) from something high, then there is no falling animation. (this is after the 05.25.2017 update)

Posted (edited)

Alright I can not upload the recording but Ill give you the story.

I was near the bridge just got some good lot and found a the new bike at the none military side of the west bridge

I drove the bike over a hill and landed ok but then it freaked out and flipped I had a sliver of health. 

The bike then decided to poltergeist while making driving sounds flying everywhere.

And while i was recording got shot in the face and died :( 

Do not know if this should be posted here

Edited by Hungryslinky

drslaya    0

#7 I have the exact same screen. I tried the netsh winsock reset, and the ipconfig /flushdns as administrator and restarted. I've gone through multiple threads trying everything including verifying game files,re-installing the game, trying a different dns server. Pretty sure I've tried everything.

Windows is up to date, as are graphics drivers.

Home network connection using 5G frequency.

This started one day after patch.

Specs: Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
    Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.40GHz    
    Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 804MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8Z77-V LK (LGA1155)    
Graphics
    BenQ GL2450H (1920x1080@60Hz)
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti (ASUStek Computer Inc)    
Storage
    931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-60ZF5A0 (SATA)    
    29GB SanDisk SDSSDRC032G (SSD)

If anyone has an idea please let me know! 

-Sad Pubg player

alejosandu    0

I just simply want to make know that i have a FX processor (6350) and in regular the FPS go well on average 40 and 50, and going down to 30 on some sites or loading textures:

I would like to give it a try to de BIOS Tip, hoping it gets better

My specs:

AMD 6350 FX

AMD R9 380 4G

On 2017-4-30 at 6:49 PM, Caesar of Roma said:

Hello Players,

Here is a list of known work arounds for common bugs that are found in game, sourced by the community. These are temporary until the team at Bluehole can get a chance to permanently resolve them. These are not guaranteed fixes and they may not work for everyone. If you have a work around please post it here and I'll add it to the list. This post will be constantly updated with new information as it becomes available.

If you have a connection/steam/launch issue try this thread: 

Leaderboards and the reward system are a work in progress. The stats may not update right away or you may not get your items. Sorry for the inconvenience and please bear with us.

WA- Drop your weapons and pick them back up, this should enable healing and boost items

WA2- Firing your weapon one time has been reported to correct this bug as well. -Thanks, @Wags

2. Before getting to the main menu you face this screen. 

58fc2773eba5c_Screenshot(187).png.63360163e670e5211c6ab3707dca0736.thumb.png.fdfcae7391cee08fb4baa47828c38667.png

WA - You will want to run CC Cleaner and Malwarebytes. This also goes if you have a website pop up before you get to the main menu. 

3. Stuck on an infinite loading screen where you can still hear game sounds. 

WA-"There is a fix circulating around that switching your game to a SSD works, however if you're like me you don't own an SSD.

I found a fix that works for me 100% of the time that does not require an SSD.

Once you are loaded into the game and can hear the audio, ALT+TAB out of and then into the game. Once you're window focuses back in, open your inventory (default: TAB). It will vary on the speed on which it takes the loading screen to go away, but it usually fixes before you get in the plane."

-Thanks, @McChicken-Tan

4. Stuck on "matching", unable to cancel or get into a game. 

18175886_10155153724608548_1368763933_o.png.39692b3784bd0b13aa544a65144bc55b.thumb.png.189e789e66edc2284bfe55a95ab5ea6c.png

WA - "We have found a temporary workaround that you may use until the real issue is resolved.  

1. Create a new Steam account or login to a preexisting account that does not own the game.
  2. Log back into the main Steam account affected by the bug.
  3. Allow Family-Sharing (via Steam) from said main account to the new/secondary account.
  4. Log back into the new/secondary account, start the game, and create a new character.
    1. Note:  This workaround will not carry over any progress/settings/configuration from your primary account.

I hope this temporary workaround helps those of you affected by the bug have the opportunity to play the game again, at the very least."

-Thanks, Yunkin! 

5. Lost Connection to Server

WA - note: when i say the lost connection to server bug i mean the one where after you been playing for 10 minutes or so you suddenly cannot reload or open doors and then a few minutes later you get disconnected from the server. this might help the people who just cant get the game to work at all but ive not tested it.

So after some testing i found out that its updates to windows enhancing their firewall making it happen. The recent creators update  messes things up i think.

If you turn the firewall off totally it works great. but thats hardly a solution i wouldnt recommend leaving your firewall off permanently.

What i did was go into the windows firewall and create an outbound rule

here is a guide if your not into this stuff 

https://www.howtogeek.com/112564/how-to-create-advanced-firewall-rules-in-the-windows-firewall/

is a "public" network if you have to choose.

so go new rule, then program..

you have to locate the tslgame.exe  which for me was  %ProgramFiles% (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PUBG\TslGame\Binaries\Win64\TslGame.exe

Then just allow it all for the rest and that should stop windows stopping it communicating with the server halfway through a game.

HTH 
SENTY

-Thanks, Senty

6. Unable to revive teammates

"If this hapoens to you, switch guns then try again. It fixes the bug. "

-Thanks, @LinkZeppeloyd

7. If you encounter the below message in the upper left:

7596659d0a73dd54af9985a18833772e.jpg.e1096abdcdae5151123ba46a0f045a72.thumb.jpg.5344a2b9db3c19ce5e17fc24d5dbbfe2.jpg

WA- "Open up the Command Prompt as administrator and type netsh winsock reset and then try again. If that is not working try to flush your DNS. Just do the same as before mentioned and just type ipconfig /flushdns. Hope it works." 

-Thanks, @Meddi!

8. If you are experiencing a crash due to a flashbangs/gernades please lower your effect settings to avoid this for now while the team works on a proper fix.

9. If you are experiencing being knocked down or killed before dropping from a plane... In the lobby before the loading screen into the plane, jump into the water and go for a swim. I do this every match and have not had an issue. This should counter the bug. 

10. AMD FX FPS smoothing and sound correction

"I found the cure for AMD FX !!
DISABLE IN BIOS:
1- Cool'n'Quiet
2- Turbo Boost or Turbo Core or AMD Turbo Tecnology or Core performance Boost.

I'm Brazilian, sorry the translator, tested by 30 people ... my configuration: FX 8350 + r7 360 + 16gb

Stable FPS 60/53 and no frame drops !!

I made a long post in Portuguese, my English is horrible, so these steps are the summary!"

-Thanks, @Douglas J Santos!

11. Disabling Steam Overlay has been noted to help reduce the random crashing. 

12. Issues with fullscreen mode... 

"What I did:
1st, in Steam Library, go to PUBG's Game Properties (Right Click > Properties)

2nd, Set Launch Options - Put this: -fullscreen

3rd, went to PUBG's main folder which is in:

G:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\PUBG\TslGame\Binaries\Win64

I've put PUBG in my G: directory so change it to where you've put yours and just navigate.

4th, right click on TslGame.exe NOT TslGame_BE, then go to Compatibility, uncheck Override Highscaling DPI behavior blablalba

5th, Boot the game and set its Settings to Window mode, then choose your desired lower resolution, close the game then boot it up again.. PROFIT"

-Thanks, @FauxValkan!

13. Rain freezes during match...

This is due to reshade. For now I would recommend to disable reshade. 

-Thanks, @Tms

14. G502 Mouse Issues

-Switch to Fullscreen instead of Windowed(-Fullscreen)

-Deactivate smooth mouse accleration in windows.

-Thanks, @RoboDanjal Via steam forums! 

The bug I just encountered before creating a username was that I was stuck on the warning screen that asks you to press 'I Understand' and pressing any button would not work. Launch the game in windowed mode not fullscreen. It worked for me, hopefully it works for you. 

SlyWilson    0

Unable to leave party, please fix this fast. I don't want to have to create a new steam account every time i want to play with friends.

SlyWilson    0
2 hours ago, SlyWilson said:

Unable to leave party, please fix this fast. I don't want to have to create a new steam account every time i want to play with friends.

Update: I can leave party! Yay! Thanks, Devs!

stabby1987    0

Hey guys I'm in need of some serious help I'm going insane. I am having the number 7. font.battlegroundsgame.com/index.html loading issue and have tried EVERY remedy for this and have deleted and installed three times now in 24 hours and have no idea what is left to do. 

Please help :(

MrBartender    0

Common bug with mates: Unable to load game, game hangs on the lobby screen with no text but unable to load in.  Found that it was fixed by running these parameters 

*Ensure running on the correct Direct X e.g - Steam Library>PUBG>Properties>General>Set Launch Options...>-dx10

*Ensure memory is correctly allocated e.g - Steam Library>PUBG>Properties>General>Set Launch Options...>-malloc=system

*Ensure PUBG is utilizing all avaliable cores e.g - Steam Library>PUBG>Properties>General>Set Launch Options...>-USEALLAVAILABLECORES

*Between each parameter separate with a space (see example below) 

d0e86e0b117a908229d85c4c33c7151c.png

Just installed the game from Steam. No viruses or VPN. Deleted antivirus. Disabled/enabled firewall. Reset DNS with netsh winsock reset and stuck on main screen. (I have Windows 10 Pro 16170.1000)

pubg.jpg.9419de728f3bf3247f4c5588494a1d09.jpg

I don't know if it related but BattleEye launcher reports this:

Installing BattlEye Service...
10:08:51: Successfully installed BattlEye Service.
10:08:54: Launching game...
10:09:01: Note: File blocks can be ignored if they don't cause problems with the game.
10:09:01: [INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Windows\System32\uxtheme.dll".
10:09:02: [INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Windows\System32\secur32.dll".
10:09:02: [INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Windows\System32\NapiNSP.dll".
10:09:03: [INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Windows\System32\pnrpnsp.dll".
10:09:03: [INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Windows\System32\nlaapi.dll".
10:09:03: [INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Windows\System32\winrnr.dll".
10:09:07: [INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Windows\System32\gameux.dll".
10:09:09: [INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Windows\System32\ExplorerFrame.dll".
10:09:20: [INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Windows\System32\DataExchange.dll".
10:09:20: [INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Windows\System32\TextInputFramework.dll".
10:09:21: [INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.dll".
10:09:23: [INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Windows\System32\XAudio2_8.dll".
10:09:27: [INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Windows\System32\SensApi.dll".
10:09:28: [INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Windows\System32\cryptnet.dll".
10:09:45: [INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Windows\System32\FWPUCLNT.DLL".

MeNo    0

happens Once for me

was OK after restart internet router & computer

Franz Erich    1

run winver, what is your OS build number?

your problem definitely has to do with battleye blocking all of that. Are you using anything that might be modifying all of those files? Like a UI theme? Those files could be corrupt or altered by malware. 

NodeOne    0
Posted (edited)

Sometimes, for seemingly no reason, after shooting with any weapon and reloading, the game won't allow me to use any healing items unless I holster my weapon or shoot once. I would love to test it out and find out why, but this game also seriously lacks local lobbies or anything of the kind to test the issue with. It has happened several times and it's not just a one time thing. Hopefully the team can look into it.

I hope I'm not the only one that encounters this bug.

This is on the regular servers and I don't see why this would be specific issue for only me. I have no custom launch settings on Steam for this game.

Edited by NodeOne

Tousen89    0

Every now and then i come across this bug happening to me, (and it has happened to some people in my squad) that i cannot use any of my healing options like Bandage, First aid, Medkit, Painkillers, Energy drink.

It says on my screen i have none of these items as i try to use the keybinds, and when i right click the item for use nothing happens, this has been a long ongoing bug.

And sometimes after a good amount of time passes, i am able to use my healing items again.

This is incredible frustrating, and i haven't seen any mention of this in the patchnotes. Hope this can be fixed as i am sure many are affected by it occurring. I can't say i know what is triggering it.

Also there is this bug that after i engage in combat, i am unable to run, lie down or crouch. This denial of quick reaction drop has gotten me killed several times. Please look into it.

worrbro    0

Just bought the game a couple days ago...this is my first post since I am unable to connect to a server to even try the game.

Using a private home broadband connection which I am connected directly to.

Widows 10 64-bit, intel i5 6600k, gtx 950, 24gb ram etc...my rig can forsure handle this game..

So I have done my best to research trying to find a resolution to the issue I am having and have yet to come across a fix and its extremely frustrating since I have yet to actually try the game.  My problem is the game loads fine, but when I go to select a server that shows "waiting" I am in a Que where people are indefinitely adding and dropping server slots with out actually ever connecting to the server it just shows me sitting there....or if the server shows that its "playing" a message appears "initializing connect to server" or something of the sort and it just never connects. 

I've tried all solutions that even seemed remotely related....any advice, feedback, anything before I return this...?

Much appreciated thanks!!

KeXeS    0

Hi.

Sometimes the heal items become unusable. I dont know what causes this and how to reproduce this bug, but its very annoying when u urgently need to heal yourself and neither the inventory right click work or pressing hotkeys. Someone said me the weapon changing might help you with this bug, i dont tested it yet.