BIGBOY

Kills should belong to those who down a player.

BIGBOY    26

Number of times I knock someone down only for someone else to steal my kill, we should get some credit for the kill.

• Like 15

Crowii    197

HUGE +1 for this, I irks me when I see my team mate getting 12 kills and I know I've done most of the damage to at least a good 5 of them.
Even if you get half the points you'd get for a kill by assisting, I'd be happy.

And if you're in Duos with a random this should hopefully help the "I've downed someone now my team mate is rushing them to steal the kill" amount.

• Like 1

Yung Moolah    29
Posted (edited)

You get "hit points", which are different from kill points. Kills give 10pts per kill. Not sure how much points you get per hit. So when you assist someone you don't get the 10 kill points, but you get hit points.

Edited by Yung Moolah
  • Like 1

BIGBOY    26

Hit points are worth nothing compared to the points you get for a kill

Universe    10

If I knock somebody out, there should appear a "Knockout-Kill <Number of Kills>" in the bottom of the screen, just like the normal kill feed. I technically killed the person if this would have been a solo match, so why should the kill eventually get stolen by a greedy teammate?

The person who finally kills the knocked-out player should just get an assist (and half of the points). I could rant for days why players who just "steal" a kill through killing a knocked-out player should not be rewarded with a kill for doing so.

• Like 5

Nemesis    29

Because there's a whole community of people are unable to get hits to register in the first place. Stealing knockout kills is my only chance at any points.

In all seriousness I agree. It's completely backwards. I'm sure it takes twice as many hits to kill a knocked out player than it takes to finish them off. Putting the player into a defenseless state should reward more than the killing blow.

• Like 1

1S1KSolo    49

I think that makes sense.  I would rather see it revised this way.  The person who knocks the player out gets the kill, and the player that puts the final bullet in the player gets the assist.  I like it.

• Like 4

Bion    42

While I agree with it.. I'm positive that it would easily be abused by people. Down a player, his teammate picks him up, then you down him again, and repeat. Sure, getting into the lobby together might be a pain, but this would happen so often.

BulletL    4

I believe the knockdown kill should do absolutely nothing. If you down the player he gets finished off by a mate, you should get the kill. There are many times where players will take kills and go for the downed players just to add more kills to their name. Eliminate it by only rewarding the player who knocked him out. When he was a "real" threat. Maybe add assist kills? Or something of sorts.

KailJoric    75

The bigger reason to look at this issue is the K/D ratio it impacts for Duo's and Squads.. if you knock down 8 players but your team gets the killing shot on all of them and then you die, you effectively finished that round with 0 kills and 1 Death which lowers your K/D ratio. Putting someone in the downed state might be tough to give a player the Kill for because of the revive system, but they could easily award Kill points to you for each knock down and then set the system to look at how many kill points you had for the round and adjust your K/D ratio accordingly. From what I can tell I believe in Solo's you get 20 Kill Points per Kill, I believe it is lower in Duos and again in Squads.. so whatever the magic number is just divide the Kill points by that number and award the proper kills for that round to the player.

It allows the system to not change much and even though you might not get the "YOU KILLED..." message at least at the end of the round the calculations can be done and your K/D ratio isn't negatively impacted. Yes, I realize this means that some people could potentially end up with a slightly higher K/D ratio than they deserve, but isn't that better than people ending up with a much lower K/D ratio because of the way things are now...

Kainan    63
1 hour ago, KailJoric said:

The bigger reason to look at this issue is the K/D ratio it impacts for Duo's and Squads.. if you knock down 8 players but your team gets the killing shot on all of them and then you die, you effectively finished that round with 0 kills and 1 Death which lowers your K/D ratio. Putting someone in the downed state might be tough to give a player the Kill for because of the revive system, but they could easily award Kill points to you for each knock down and then set the system to look at how many kill points you had for the round and adjust your K/D ratio accordingly. From what I can tell I believe in Solo's you get 20 Kill Points per Kill, I believe it is lower in Duos and again in Squads.. so whatever the magic number is just divide the Kill points by that number and award the proper kills for that round to the player.

It allows the system to not change much and even though you might not get the "YOU KILLED..." message at least at the end of the round the calculations can be done and your K/D ratio isn't negatively impacted. Yes, I realize this means that some people could potentially end up with a slightly higher K/D ratio than they deserve, but isn't that better than people ending up with a much lower K/D ratio because of the way things are now...

Exactly, I agree 100%

Blacky    94

The kill stat is weird. The game isn't about killing, it's about being the last one alive (or having someone in the team being the last alive). It's not a shooting game per se, it's a survival game in its own way. And when you play in team, one could be considered the most valuable player of the team, always watching the back, calling the shots and the strats and the move, and have the least kill number round after round after round.

1S1KSolo    49
4 hours ago, Bion said:

While I agree with it.. I'm positive that it would easily be abused by people. Down a player, his teammate picks him up, then you down him again, and repeat. Sure, getting into the lobby together might be a pain, but this would happen so often.

This would have no effect.  The person who downed the player would not be credited with the kill unless/until the downed player was actually killed.  If the player was downed and then revived, there would be no kill credited (the same as it is now).  The person who downed the player would only be credited with the kill if the downed player was killed before he was revived.  The only difference is the player that downed the player would be credited with the kill instead of the player who put the final bullet in the person.  Make sense?

• Like 5

Wolfiii    5

The problem will be solved with a assistence sistem! If you down de player and your partner kill it , you should recive some exp from it.

Quiz    38

Yup. At least a secondary stat would be nice.

KailJoric    75

It might not be a "kill" game but the rating system is based on kills. When the rating system is based on kills it makes part of the game about killing. Yes, the primary objective is being the last player/duo/squad alive but the current system not only encourages kill-stealing but it actually rewards it. The entire Battle Royal/Survival genre is relatively "new" and as such many of the players coming to PUBG aren't normal BR/S genre players many of them are just FPS shooter players and in their mind killing the guy is the most important aspect of the game.

I have a guy I play duo's with and he is fairly new to the genre, he's a solid player but he can't get it into his head that killing downed guys isn't a priority... I don't want to have to stop playing with him because he is a good guy and I enjoy teaming with him as a person I can be on comms with and not want to claw my eyes out, but losing kills nearly every match or dying because he gets focused on killing the guy and not about the other guy's teammate/s gets very old and frustrating.

I shouldn't be penalized for downing a guy and then trying to down the next guy, yet the way that my total rank is calculated if I don't have a high K/D ratio then I'm penalized even if I get wins if I don't get all the kills then it impacts my overall score.

Tatux    1

I shoot at that guy almost 10 times and i do not receive a kill or assist or anything and this ends up affecting my rating 0.  Add assists to the game based on the %  you did damage.  Shit like this makes me furious.

• Like 1

xTekx    226

Assist should be in solo play as well. You might be shooting at someone running across a field, hit him 3 times, and someone else see's it shoots and hits him 1 time for the kill. Kill lost.

Posted (edited)

Bump. The current system is completely annoying and leads to poor team play and infighting. Suddenly killing a downed enemy has less to do with ensuring that they can't be revived or stopping them from sharing information from their location, and more to do with getting credit so that you don't get taunted by the score screen at the end of the game.

If one player downs an enemy, which is in many cases the equivalent of "defeating" the enemy, once/if that player isn't revived and is killed/dies in a downed state, the kill should be awarded to the player that first defeated/downed them. There could even be a secondary, less weighted "finisher" stat that slightly rewards a player for expending the time/ammo required to kill a downed player.

Honestly, this change seems like a no-brainer, and it's a little bizarre that the current form of credit allocation ever became a thing.

Anyways, felt the need to make an account just to give my two cents on the issue.

Edited by Strange_Folk
Clarification of intent
  • Like 2

MartinBean    0

Often in a round (duo or squad) I end up with 0 or 1 kill while team members have 5+ kills. Many times I down an enemy but do not kill him because I'm moving to the next target. Other players see a downed player and kill him. Other situations are that I start flanking an enemy or try to flush him/her out of hiding. This while team members shoot him/her.

So while I make a lot of effort for the team win, kills are personal stats as are points.

I would like to suggest to remove the amount of kills on a personal level. Instead, a team makes a number of kills. Every team member gets the same amount of points for each kill any team members makes. Winning a round in duo/squad is a team effort, and should be awarded that way. This will remove the kill stealing and let players focus more on team play. The win feeling for a player with 0 kills will be on the same level as the top kill scorer :) 

I dont mind having the lowest amount of kills, but I do notice behaviour with team mates which is more focused on kills instead of team play.

I know I could find other people to play with, or stop caring. But a team play based game should reward on team play!

Thx

Jmulf92    2

I feel like if you down a guy and your teammate finishes him off it should count as your kill, that's the only problem I have with this game. Other than that it's fantastic!

• Like 2

Cosmic Sheep    132
42 minutes ago, Jmulf92 said:

I feel like if you down a guy and your teammate finishes him off it should count as your kill, that's the only problem I have with this game. Other than that it's fantastic!

I Agree for it to count as a kill or at least get an assisted kill bonus etc.

• Like 1

Moses06    13
Posted (edited)
On 5/12/2017 at 1:05 AM, Aldawgs said:

I Agree for it to count as a kill or at least get an assisted kill bonus etc.

If you down someone you should get the kill, if you're still alive, when/if a teammate finishes them off. If you're dead then your teammate should get the kill. I don't like any sort of assist system because I believe it will just encourage more kill stealing. People will think, "well at least the person who downed the enemy will get an assist", and they'll fire away. The only way to solve the problem is my solution above.

For the record, I don't mind if someone takes my kill if I down someone and am in no position to finish them off. I'd rather my teammate kill the player than the player being able to crawl to safety and get revived. But I've had too many incidents where I'm literally standing right next to the player I downed, reloading, and a teammate walks up and finishes them off. That kind of nonsense needs to end. With the lag we have to deal with right now the game can be very frustrating, it becomes even more so if your kills are getting stolen.

Edited by Moses06

Nobody    26

100% voted.

Sick and tired of it. My K/D has dropped heaps from people killing the people I've downed instead of helping me finish the other team mates.