Sund

General forum/community management feedback

Azael    1

--Mod Edit--

Use this thread to leave your feedback on the forums

It would be nice to see Greek section in Other Languages forum.

OVERCOVER    32
Posted (edited)

I just want to say thank you for making such a clean forum, it's an enjoyable experience being here and I keep coming back to it all the time cause it's really just enjoyable communicating. I have been running and moderating communities for a long time and only a VERY few compare to the standard of this. Forums should be simple and not overdone, it looks professional. There is, however, something I am missing, but can't quite put my finger on it yet, will come back to it once I figure it out!

PS: I'll just leave this here cause I think it was funny.

NEcd9kp.jpg

Edited by OVERCOVER
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

PUBG_Hawkinz    943

Thanks for the great feedback! 

I've passed it on to the rest of the team to see :) 

• Like 1

OVERCOVER    32
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Hawkinz said:

Thanks for the great feedback! 

I've passed it on to the rest of the team to see :) 

All good, and appreciate it, dude. :)

Edited by OVERCOVER
  • Like 1

Spen    126

Sorry to say that but i actually don't know what you are talking about. They actually don't do anything here in the suggestions and feedback area of the forum.

I tried to hint them to some duplicates: 

But nothing happens. Everyday there are a massive amount of new duplicates and the forum is full of them. There is no way to get a overview about the community suggestions at the moment for the devs so the whole suggestions area doesn't work.

Also there are many useless wall of text and rage / hate / salty threads that don't get moderated or deleted.

This part of the forum is one mess.

I tried to link duplicates in every post in the last days but it so many and they keep on coming. No one really cares about existing threads and discussions. I'm giving up on this.

OVERCOVER    32
10 minutes ago, Spen said:

Sorry to say that but i actually don't know what you are talking about. They actually don't do anything here in the suggestions and feedback area of the forum.

I tried to hint them to some duplicates: 

But nothing happens. Everyday there are a massive amount of new duplicates and the forum is full of them. There is no way to get a overview about the community suggestions at the moment for the devs so the whole suggestions area doesn't work.

Also there are many useless wall of text and rage / hate / salty threads that don't get moderated or deleted.

This part of the forum is one mess.

I tried to link duplicates in every post in the last days but it so many and they keep on coming. No one really cares about existing threads and discussions. I'm giving up on this.

Well, there could be improvements everywhere, but there are dozens of people suggesting something every day and I am sure they see most of them and note it down somewhere. It would be nice if they could reply to all of them, but that's a really demanding job I'd assume.

Spen    126
1 minute ago, OVERCOVER said:

Well, there could be improvements everywhere, but there are dozens of people suggesting something every day and I am sure they see most of them and note it down somewhere. It would be nice if they could reply to all of them, but that's a really demanding job I'd assume.

I don't need them to answer the threads only to moderate them (merging, deleting). To just note down the suggestions isn't good since most of them are getting picked to pieces by the community. And that is the problem. The devs should only consider suggestions the community likes. There are healthy and unhealthy discussions about these suggestions and they lead to an opinion the developers could work with but at the moment there are x different opinion in x different threads on one matter and all agree on something contrary. This doesn't lead to any clear overview what makes all suggestions useless. That is so frustrating to me.

OVERCOVER    32
Just now, Spen said:

I don't need them to answer the threads only to moderate them (merging, deleting). To just note down the suggestions isn't good since most of them are getting picked to pieces by the community. And that is the problem. The devs should only consider suggestions the community likes. There are healthy and unhealthy discussions about these suggestions and they lead to an opinion the developers could work with but at the moment there are x different opinion in x different threads on one matter and all agree on something contrary. This doesn't lead to any clear overview what makes all suggestions useless. That is so frustrating to me.

Yeah, understandable dude, but hopefully they will notice your feedback and take it into consideration! :)

levcsu    6

Dear Support!

Please create a Hungarian forum into the "Other Languages".

Thank you so much!

$123,326 was raised yesterday. BlueHole will also match all donations up to $100,000 benefiting the Gamers Outreach charity. Thank you all once again for your support and love.

The VOD will remain on Twitch and I will let you know if or when BlueHole publish it to Youtube (as I know some of you were asking for this.)

You can continue to leave your feedback or any criticisms in this thread but please remember to remain polite. 

Submit your favourite funny clips from the Stream to @PUBATTLEGROUNDS <your clip and comment> #gamersoutreach for a chance to win a Astro A40TR gaming headset & game codes. 

I will leave you all with some words left from Sammie (Lead Community Manager) towards the end of the Stream as some of you are concerned that bug fixes, performance and optimization is being neglected in favour for more content.

15 hours ago, burpel said:

Charity tourney was FANTASTIC, thank you very much all involved (and stimmers, much <3)

I believe the donation total may be a bit more, as some streamers were doing their own drives which probably get added later or directly donated. Really awesome!

Couple of feedback things, hope you like criticism and neutral comments :)

- The main caster was awesome but please throw a couple of others in there; the gun mechanics programmer knows stuff about gun mechanics... I think we'd like folks who talk a bit more about all kinds of tech. You could consider having a larger voice-chat with one main caster and several tech experts

- Your community advisor was out of place casting, I guess she's more of a public speaker than a caster. Casting is slightly different from PR and I think the very measured statements don't fit in with the dynamic nature of PUBG gameplay and the community that plays PUBG

ed: not casting but commenting on gameplay in-between

- I'm reflecting a "neutral" on the selection of players - they were certainly popular and that's great. I'd love to see an exclusively pro-players or commited-players tourney too (which I guess you guys have in hand).

- Free-mode spectate was pretty good. Recommend you throw in some cinematic camera algorithms. (eg, team 1, team 2, pan camera between the two from a FP perspective). Or get a bit better at that :P

THANK YOU HEAPS

10 hours ago, pii said:

The cast itself was well done. I really liked the play to play main commentator. His co-commentators were not as good, but still it was a good show. The sound was choppy at several points, which was annoying, but this problems were resolved.

The player selection for sure did not lead to the most competitive games, but as stated during the cast this was not their goal. For a real competitive event, they will need to have a selection of players, who are there for the competition and not just to have a fun game / fun stream.

The spectator view was really bad when you saw the ADS of a player. The gun was pointing far of the target and still showed hits. Also was this view really choppy, as was the other players movement in this view. I have a feeling, that as a spectator we are seeing the server view. It is really hard to make sense from this view, if someone is hit or not.

5 hours ago, DirtFarmer said:

I ended up watching the streamers channels over the main casting channel.  Too many issues and it was just unpleasant watching whoever was in control of flying around the map.  I do like that they tried to make this a good event so props to them and I have high hopes for the future.

Really sucks losing people at the start of the game to disconnects. 

Asked to submit this on someone's behalf Re: Charity Event

yeah I think nobody really knew how the scoring system worked. The players nor the viewers

pb    6

Hey Azael! Λες να παμε κανα game μαζι ;) ειχα ποσταρει πριν καποιο καιρο ψαχνωντας κανενα Ελληνα να εχει ορεξη για duo, τι λες?

Super Clark    1

I am here to sincerely ask the PUBG team to unify the information given to us players, it is really hard to keep collecting pieces of information .. If there is a forum with an exact section for this, please use it. It is very difficult to search for crumbs in several places and then try to put them all together.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Spen    126

Since the mods are now much more active in the suggestions thread i want to thank them for listening and taking action :)

Nomad    714

Completely agree with this! :) 
Is it bad of me to say that my fav mod is @Hawkinz ;) I love all of them thou haha 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Blacky said:

I'm pretty sure he's talking about all the news not reported in the official forum in a proper way. Like http://www.gamersgreed.com/playerunknowns-battlegrounds-getting-2-new-maps/ or like the info distilled from the Twitch streams. Why is that on another site, and not with every other news in a dedicated forum (or feed or whatever)?

ok I see what you mean. Even before I joined the moderation team I would just scoure for information from gaming articles/podcasts, developer streams, PU twitter and Twitter in general and I still do the same today. I'll bring this up with the team and ask for input from @Slyvinlisha but for now have merged this thread with the General feedback topic.

Thanks

16 hours ago, Super Clark said:

I am here to sincerely ask the PUBG team to unify the information given to us players, it is really hard to keep collecting pieces of information .. If there is a forum with an exact section for this, please use it. It is very difficult to search for crumbs in several places and then try to put them all together.

Thank you.

Official announcements will be posted on the forums. New maps, new weapons, new vehicles etc have all been teasers so far of things to come and posted by members of the community. It's best to follow gaming publications or @PUBATTLEGROUNDS for these announcements. 

On 3/30/2017 at 9:22 PM, Azael said:

It would be nice to see Greek section in Other Languages forum.

On 4/29/2017 at 11:54 AM, levcsu said:

Dear Support!

Please create a Hungarian forum into the "Other Languages".

Thank you so much!

I shall forward your request to @PUBG_FWG