Sund

General forum/community management feedback

4 minutes ago, MrHappyPenguin said:

Could we have a separate forum feedback / suggestion subforum? Having everything in the same thread can be really confusing.

You want this thread to be in a separate subforum? 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Suspicious Pixel said:

You want this thread to be in a separate subforum? 

Not exactly. I meant have a separate sub forum for discussing the forums. Under "Suggestions & Feedback", have a sub forum called "Forum Feedback" or something similar. This way people can create new threads instead of having a megathread of forum related suggestions.

Edited by MrHappyPenguin

On 8/9/2017 at 4:33 AM, MrHappyPenguin said:

For the bug report templates, could you include "Display Resolution" under system specifications? I feel this would help with optimizing the game and allow the devs to see if it's a game issue or a GPU limitation.

Hi

This would be certainly helpful when it comes to Quality Assurance Testing. I have passed on this suggestion to the Community Team for consideration.

Thank you

First of all, I would like to just say thank you for the work you people are putting into this game and the whole community.

Now for the feedback part. I've noticed that, even though there is a good size group of administrators/moderators, there are only a few active in a way the general public is able to see. Possibly as a result there are quite a few suggestions/bug reports that die a quiet death on the forums without any feedback.

I know this part is supposed to be feedback only, but it could be an option to (actively) ask people about their system specs as well as this would give you a general idea of what specs your user base their PC's have for (future) optimisation purposes). Kinda similar idea to the Steam Hardware Survey (http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/). But you guys probably already have information like that or have thought about things like that.

On 8/16/2017 at 0:38 PM, MrYellow said:

First of all, I would like to just say thank you for the work you people are putting into this game and the whole community.

Now for the feedback part. I've noticed that, even though there is a good size group of administrators/moderators, there are only a few active in a way the general public is able to see. Possibly as a result there are quite a few suggestions/bug reports that die a quiet death on the forums without any feedback.

I know this part is supposed to be feedback only, but it could be an option to (actively) ask people about their system specs as well as this would give you a general idea of what specs your user base their PC's have for (future) optimisation purposes). Kinda similar idea to the Steam Hardware Survey (http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/). But you guys probably already have information like that or have thought about things like that.

Re: Suggestions

As the rules point out

• The Developers and Administrators will check current suggestions on a regular basis, even though they might not always voice their opinion right away by posting in your thread.

The most popular suggestions are submitted on a weekly basis to the development team. I understand that this could be implemented better with the use of a dedicated application for giving feedback to the Community Team/Devs by allowing users to submit & vote on ideas they think are good for the game and should have higher priority.

Unfortunately due to various reasons this approach cannot be taken right now but rest assured that your suggestions have been looked at even though you may not see feedback from the Developers. They are just extremely busy. 

Thank you

Ah, missed the rules in the suggestions section. My bad!

The developers are definitely busy, looking at the amount of work they have done since I've started playing PUBG. Absolutely amazing in my opinion! I can only imagine the long days and short nights they have probably experienced, especially with the gigantic growth in player base and all the things that come with this gigantic growth.

Hey guys, this is a small critique but I though I'd leave it here; there should be some info on the forum "rank" with the rank names and how many legitimate posts it is for each. I've gone past several and didn't notice the content count that caused it, now I can't remember the names of my older ones. I can't be the only one curious about this surely! xD

On 6/26/2017 at 11:35 AM, Suspicious Pixel said:

BlueHole are working on finding a German Assistant Community Manager and will get a German mod when the right person has been put in place first. The reason why this is because of potential language barriers and we have moderators who report to the community team. If the process to hire a German ACM proves to be unsuccessful then the team will look into finding a moderator for that language section. Whilst I understand your frustration with the German sub section of the forum I will bring this up with the community team again since the community team are growing in various areas.

Thank you

So, it's been nearly another three months and there still doesn't seem to be a community manager for Germany or something similar in place. I don't want to sound pretentious but is this ever going to happen or does Bluehole simply not care? Compared to other subforums, the German one is pretty chaotic and relies 100% on DIY

On 6/26/2017 at 11:35 AM, Suspicious Pixel said:

BlueHole are working on finding a German Assistant Community Manager and will get a German mod when the right person has been put in place first. The reason why this is because of potential language barriers and we have moderators who report to the community team. If the process to hire a German ACM proves to be unsuccessful then the team will look into finding a moderator for that language section. Whilst I understand your frustration with the German sub section of the forum I will bring this up with the community team again since the community team are growing in various areas.

Thank you

So, it's been nearly another three months and there still doesn't seem to be a community manager for Germany or something similar in place. I don't want to sound pretentious but is this ever going to happen or does Bluehole simply not care? Compared to other subforums, the German one is pretty chaotic and relies 100% on DIY self help between users. What about players who desperately want to give their feedback but are unable to properly communicate in English? It feels like the German community is among the bigger ones within PUBG, so it seems a bit foolish to me that nobody has put someone in place so far, when there have been community mangers for other non English speaking countries in place for months now. 

I for myself am able to communicate in English just fine but I nonetheless like to discuss game topics, bug fixes in my native language and thus far it just seems pointless to do this in a subforum, that is neither properly moderated nor categorised. It didn't seem necessary for me to create an account since the subforum just felt like a lame excuse for a proper community forum but today I've decided to at least try to help change this situation. 

Thus, in the name of all German speaking PUBG lovers: Please, Bluehole, start taking us seriously and fix this! We truly love the game and through our feedback we want to support you in making the best game possible - so, for the love of RNGesus, give us our own community manager or at least a properly moderated subforum.

Much love,

Haunzs.

(P.S.: Sorry, for the double post - I don't know how to remove the first one..)

Edited by haunzs

Reply to your player reports like you guarantee in your instructions for reporting players. That is if you actually even view them. A video I uploaded for evidence hasn't even been viewed. Ridiculous. Improve what you're doing.

I created a topic on here a week or two back asking why it takes so long for a report to be looked at here on the forums. As it turns out, the 1-2 week delay past the 1 week promise of deciding on reports seems to be caused by hacker/team killing reports sometime last 10 minutes long. As of now I have reported 6 people total. For each report, my video evidence was no longer than 1 minute in length. This is because I actually put in the effort on my end and used an editing tool to shorten the 10 minute replay down to only the necessary bits.

This is definitely an issue. I can understand why there are no restrictions of video lengths, it would make the company look bad if they themselves decided to start turning away people's reports.

That is why I am making this post. As a community, I think we should come together and ask our moderators to limit a report's video evidence to just a minute in length.

With this implemented, I am sure that our reports can be looked at and be decided upon much, much quicker.

Thanks for reading!