Sign in to follow this  
burrkz

AFK Killers/Parachute Auto Deploy

You need to change it so you need to press f to pull your parachute there are a lot of players now hanging on until the end of the flight and coming down with the afk players and killing them at the start of each round because they are just stood still. I went to the bathroom came back and was stood surrounded by afk players and people just punching them. If they don't open their chute then need to splat :P

5 hours ago, UTR-Shrapnel said:

You need to change it so you need to press f to pull your parachute there are a lot of players now hanging on until the end of the flight and coming down with the afk players and killing them at the start of each round because they are just stood still. I went to the bathroom came back and was stood surrounded by afk players and people just punching them. If they don't open their chute then need to splat :P

If this was implemented then wouldn't you have just come back to the game finish screen? :P I think this ends up being a pretty minor issue because you don't actually get too many points for kills, so you're gambling that you're the only person that isn't actually AFK and wasting time you could be using to get geared up but hindering your chances of doing well in the match.

• Like 1

So its come to my attention that some people are deliberately waiting to end of plane to kill AFKs, and are netting everything from 1 to 5 kills in the beginning by simply killing AFKs. Some of my steam buddies are doing this to boost their kill ranking. Quite a lame way to climb the rankings. I propose the following fix to developers: 

Make people that have made 0 movements after the plane starts moving unkillable, and if they dont make any movements within X amount of seconds (60 seconds perhaps) of hitting ground: auto disconnect. 

This sort of system is in place in other games, maybe something similar can be implemented in PUBG? 

Posted (edited)

They should just make it so they stay in the plane, and disconnect once it's off the map.

Edited by Redronn

@ultraztaR There two threads on this topic:

3 minutes ago, Redronn said:

They should just make it so they stay in the plane, and disconnect once it's off the map.

I had a similar suggestion here: 

I didnt realize there were other topics on the subject, I am new to this forum :)

Similar suggestion indeed, I think any of the these two ideas would serve better than the current state with people laming their way up the rankings. 

They might not actually be AFK but got disconnected while in the plane. Either way if you're forced to open your chute yourself rather than auto deploy that will end any afk/disconnect players. Put a little more skill into the deployment phase as well.

People not jumping out of the plane should be pushed out without a parachute after a warning. That way it won't screw teammates (like it could if they were sent back to lobby), and will remove the ZombieKilling where people kill 5, 10, 15 people in a few seconds for free. And it's not hard to code.

Basically this video explains it... but wait till the jump at the end.

• Like 1

Even better, make it so parachutes don't auto deploy. Anyone who hits the ground without a parachute dies instantly.

I've tried to search out if anyone else has suggested this, so i apologize if i missed a past discussion.

How about a simple game play change to solve this issue.

Make the cutaway from the parachutes manual not automatic.

Afk/disconnects by default crater into the ground or water like a Jart.

Makes jumping even more exciting for the rest of us as well.

-Hinge

twitch.tv/house_of_hinge

houseofhinge.com

I personally hate the auto-deploy on the chute. Get rid of that and you solve the AFK players issue as well. Simple.