Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Onemamboss

Fight to the death...

Why can't you use your sidearm or throw grenades when you're down.  You collect all this loot but don't use it when you're in trouble? That part is crazy.  You ever hear an injured animal is the most dangerous.  Give us a fighting chance, THIS IS WAR.. THIS IS SPARTA!!

Just now, Onemamboss said:

Why can't you use your sidearm or throw grenades when you're down.  You collect all this loot but don't use it when you're in trouble? That part is crazy.  You ever hear an injured animal is the most dangerous.  Give us a fighting chance, THIS IS WAR.. THIS IS SPARTA!!

To make it much more vital that you do not get downed. You have to rely on your teammates to revive or protect you. This aspect of the game simply will not be changing what-so-ever.

You can be headshotted from 200 yards and be downed.. makes no sense.. if you were hit in real life you gonna crawl around sniffling until you get finished off.. i THINK NOT.. devs need to focus on FUN games.. that's how fortnite has an advantage.. Fun factor.. same thing happened to SOCOM when COD came out.. learn from those mistakes

2 minutes ago, Onemamboss said:

You can be headshotted from 200 yards and be downed.. makes no sense.. if you were hit in real life you gonna crawl around sniffling until you get finished off.. i THINK NOT.. devs need to focus on FUN games.. that's how fortnite has an advantage.. Fun factor.. same thing happened to SOCOM when COD came out.. learn from those mistakes

Being as this is the most actively played game on PC and one of the biggest active player bases on Xbox - I think they will be ok.

That being said - this is just the way the game is. It is meant to be challenging. They are not looking to follow the ways of COD or any arcade shooter for that matter. It is exactly why it has had so much success. 

My issue with this is , if your still going to be able to draw weapons and throw grenades then why even have the knockdown feature to begin with. 

Why not just instantly die when you get to this state ?

2 minutes ago, Warsteiner1 said:

My issue with this is , if your still going to be able to draw weapons and throw grenades then why even have the knockdown feature to begin with. 

Because you're then slowed down.. you should also be able to use bandages.. Nobody sees how this makes no sense??

3 minutes ago, Warsteiner1 said:

I really wish we did not have a DBNO function. I would much rather have death.

Because you're then slowed down.. you should also be able to use bandages.. Nobody sees how this makes no sense??

No - the game punishes you for "dying" in squads. You have little control of what is going on at this point. This enforces teamwork to get you up and back to a state of fighting again. I understand what you are saying but unfortunately these things will never happen in this game. 

Just now, Saccshop said:

No - the game punishes you for "dying" in squads. You have little control of what is going on at this point. This enforces teamwork to get you up and back to a state of fighting again. I understand what you are saying but unfortunately these things will never happen in this game. 

I thought it's community driven... well that's always going to suck. Might as well just kill the character.. all the grovelling on the ground and can't use weapons is wack. Slowing down and no use of primary  and death timer is plenty punishment and more realistic imo.

I thought it's community driven... well that's always going to suck. Might as well just kill the character.. all the grovelling on the ground and can't use weapons is wack. Slowing down and no use of primary  and death timer is plenty punishment and more realistic imo.

It is to encourage you to NOT get into that scenario and to encourage you to have good teamwork and communication. This is not a game meant to make it easy on the player. The challenge is the allure of it.

Just now, Saccshop said:

It is to encourage you to NOT get into that scenario and to encourage you to have good teamwork and communication. This is not a game meant to make it easy on the player. The challenge is the allure of it.

Have to agree , so many shooters of today have zero consequences for playing recklessly .

Between the difficulty in aiming and punishing you for playing poorly , the challenge and suddenness of being downed adds real tension to the game.

Just now, Warsteiner1 said:

Have to agree , so many shooters of today have zero consequences for playing recklessly .

Between the difficulty in aiming and punishing you for playing poorly , the challenge and suddenness of being downed adds real tension to the game.

And fighting off your combatants with your pistol, bandaging up , waiting for your squad to back you up would be even better..  

And fighting off your combatants with your pistol, bandaging up , waiting for your squad to back you up would be even better..  

Pure opinion - totally negates the act of being downed. Makes it far more of an arcade experience and makes the consequence of being downed even more less of a threat. I get why you want it - but this simply isn't the game your looking for in terms of that type of game play

I hope they listen to all opinions.. because this would improve the game.  I have been a gamer since commodore 64.. seen em come and go.. when devs get rigid and lose the fun factor.. they die. I use my SOCOM case to roll up my doobies on now. 

1 minute ago, Onemamboss said:

I hope they listen to all opinions.. because this would improve the game.  I have been a gamer since commodore 64.. seen em come and go.. when devs get rigid and lose the fun factor.. they die. I use my SOCOM case to roll up my doobies on now. 

Remember that this game stands out as being different. Also remember that the creator is a gamer himself that wanted to create the game HE wanted to play - not what everyone else was doing. Although the developers do listen to generally all opinions - this one is not in the highest "yes" margin and is more reserved for the "arcade" type shooter. 

You think it would improve the game

Most would think it would destroy it (or begin to)

Survival games have to punish those who make mistakes - not give them the means the heal and fend off the person who just taught them a valuable lesson. 

I can guarantee you this will not happen. Brenden wants no part of this.

That's your opinion..i don't agree.. these things don't shift it to "arcade style".. COD isn't the same as battlefield. I like the game but overall battlefield 4 is a little better.. i know its a larger company so save that, but some of these options should be in place. 

That's your opinion..i don't agree.. these things don't shift it to "arcade style".. COD isn't the same as battlefield. I like the game but overall battlefield 4 is a little better.. i know its a larger company so save that, but some of these options should be in place. 

We disagree on what we prefer but the truth is that Brenden made his point very clear in that 1.0 release on PC

This is the game - as is

No more - no less

Small quality of life changes from there and some new maps/rifles but other than that - this is it

Just now, Saccshop said:

We disagree on what we prefer but the truth is that Brenden made his point very clear in that 1.0 release on PC

This is the game - as is

No more - no less

Small quality of life changes from there and some new maps/rifles but other than that - this is it

Really?? Wow.. well at least i hope they let the modders loose on it.

My opinion is that this game is a raw shooter . where's the tension and fear of being downed if you can still fight back or crawl into a rock and heal back up ?

In my opinion , were lucky we get a downed mode , we could just drop like a sack of potatoes and die.

Really?? Wow.. well at least i hope they let the modders loose on it.

They are allowing select people to use the custom matches option on PC but this is more direct control over the circle - the objective and the teams. Nothing to really change the overall core of the game.

Just now, Warsteiner1 said:

My opinion is that this game is a raw shooter . where's the tension and fear of being downed if you can still fight back or crawl into a rock and heal back up ?

In my opinion , were lucky we get a downed mode , we could just drop like a sack of potatoes and die.

And nobody would buy it... 

If you could fight while down then they'd have to give all players the opportunity even when in solo or when your whole squad is already dead.   As it stands you're only knocked down if you have teammates on the field to revive you.

Long story short, you're not going to get to fight back when you're down.  be thankful you get to crawl around, because the idea is, you're unconscious.

Over 3 million people on console already have . Obviously I'm not the only person who enjoys the hardcore aspect of the game.

30 million copies sold on PC, highest concurrent players ever on Steam,  obviously you're wrong here.  People crave the tactics of this game, not arcade combat.

2 minutes ago, Onemamboss said:

Eh - we will agree to disagree on that one.