Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OnPico

Reshade allowed? moderator or administrator

Let's put it this way, if they were fine with people using the zoom feature as part of re-shade, they wouldn't be deleting the video from every post.

1 minute ago, Borgatz said:

are there any recent news about this topic officially approved?

No, they are just deleting hundreds of posts.

If reshade does not get banned soon a lot of players will be pissed off

Ok, time to install reshade i think. I can live without different colors since NVIDIA app allows almost the same (and basically it's just recolor game), but that zoom... God it's OP AF.

I definitively understand why people use this. It´s clearly OP, nevertheless, i don´t understand why are posts gets deleted without any official statement

15 minutes ago, PUBG_RoboDanjal said:

Reshade is one of the programs that will be blocked by this measure.

ALL IS CLEAR NOW, Thanx!

1 minute ago, H0ly_Gh0st said:

ALL IS CLEAR NOW, Thanx!

Well technically it won't be, it will be all fuzzy and dull.. :-P but if it helps getting rid of the hackers I'm all for it.

3 minutes ago, Signal12th said:

Well technically it won't be, it will be all fuzzy and dull.. :-P but if it helps getting rid of the hackers I'm all for it.

There are other option out there, such as nvidia digital vibrance.

1 minute ago, Frazer said:

There are other option out there, such as nvidia digital vibrance.

yeah it's what I use myself.

17 minutes ago, Signal12th said:

yeah it's what I use myself.

Actually Nvidia new Geforce 'Freestyle' is much better.

1 hour ago, PUBG_RoboDanjal said:

We are testing a new anti cheat solution on our test servers this week and it is to block cheats more effectively. This will also block 3rd party programs that modify the gameplay or visuals in an invasive way. Reshade is one of the programs that will be blocked by this measure.

We are first testing the anti-cheat solution on our test servers. Patch Notes  Launch/Crash reporting 

When this is implemented on the live servers, such programs will be blocked. We will provide more updates when they become available.

Thank you for a concise and direct response.

1 hour ago, PUBG_RoboDanjal said:

Reshade is one of the programs that will be blocked by this measure.

What does this mean exactly? Will the game simply not start with it, will it crash with an error? Or will we just get a surprise ban with no warning (unacceptable)?

Just now, Biochemikas said:

What does this mean exactly? Will the game simply not start with it, will it crash with an error? Or will we just get a surprise ban with no warning (unacceptable)?

^This

Overall I hate that reshade will be not allowed, without technicolor2 and adaptivesharpen game looks like ... very bad.

4 minutes ago, pankarezas said:

^This

Overall I hate that reshade will be not allowed, without technicolor2 and adaptivesharpen game looks like ... very bad.

Mate I used the same reshade settings but after giving the Geforce Freestyle a go I uninstalled reshade.   Freestyle is giving me fantastic fidelity in the game, with less drain on fps to boot!   Of course you're screwed if you aren't using a Nvidia card I guess.

Just now, Hit_Marka said:

Mate I used the same reshade settings but after giving the Geforce Freestyle a go I uninstalled reshade.   Freestyle is giving me fantastic fidelity in the game, with less drain on fps to boot!   Of course you're screwed if you aren't using a Nvidia card I guess.

I am (GTX 970), tried to play with freestyle but didn't achieved what was similar comapred to reshade. Maybe you can share your Freestyle settings? Btw reshade and freestyle gave me ~10fps drop. So that is not a big deal.

8 minutes ago, Biochemikas said:

My guess is all of the above.  I'd say an anti cheat program would be scanning for custom .dll files and flagging them, spitting the dummy, shutting the game down and sending your ID to BattleEye for forthcoming termination.

7 minutes ago, pankarezas said:

I am (GTX 970), tried to play with freestyle but didn't achieved what was similar comapred to reshade. Maybe you can share your Freestyle settings? Btw reshade and freestyle gave me ~10fps drop. So that is not a big deal.

I'm using very few tweaks in fact.  Clarity 85%, HDR 65% and just a small increase in colour 55%.  I don't use any sharpening, bloom or any other setting, just those three BUT I do run the game at 1440p in ultra (except for shadows and effects)and that alone makes the game look better imo.  If I run the game at 1080p it looks very ordinary.  I'm using a 165hz Gsync monitor and its native res in 1440p AND the Asus monitor does have very impressive gaming screen profiles I also use..together all these things give a great result....so I think that might be a contributing factor.  With those small tweaks and at that 1440p res my game looks lush as.. (Comp is running an i7/6700k and overclocked gtx 1080ti Aorus Xtreme GPU..so that helps as well)

p.s and of course driver tweaks in the nvidia control panel as well...but anyone can find these on youtube.

1 minute ago, Hit_Marka said:

I'm using very few tweaks in fact.  Clarity 85%, HDR 65% and just a small increase in colour 55%.  I don't use any sharpening, bloom or any other setting, just those three BUT I do run the game at 1440p in ultra (except for shadows and effects)and that alone makes the game look better imo.  If I run the game at 1080p it looks very ordinary.  I'm using a 165hz Gsync monitor and its native res in 1440p AND the Asus monitor does have very impressive gaming screen profiles I also use..together all these things give a great result....so I think that might be a contributing factor.  With those small tweaks and at that 1440p res my game looks lush as.. (Comp is running an i7/6700k and overclocked gtx 1080ti Aorus Xtreme GPU..so that helps as well)

Thank you, will try that later!

1 minute ago, Hit_Marka said:

where is the option to turn on freestyle? i downloaded all the latest software...

5 minutes ago, end of reshade said:

where is the option to turn on freestyle? i downloaded all the latest software...

Opt-in to the Freestyle beta in GeForce Experience through “Settings” > “General”, and check “Enable Experimental Features”. Hit “Alt+Z” for the in-game overlay and click “Game Filter”, or access Freestyle directly by pressing “Alt+F3”

If you block reshade pls add an option to change the in-game sharpen without turning PP to medium or above