Jump to content
Yalah

Game Crashing/Freezing - Stuck on Loading Mega Thread

Recommended Posts

I had similar problem, but not only in PUBG, Battlefield 1 for example too. I found it is a hardware problem, with graphics card in my case. Google it, "pc randomly shuts down while playing games", a lot of discussions there. It is not the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Callum    23

a PC randomly shutting down and just turning off usually is a hardware problem and not a game problem, a game can make your PC BSOD and reboot , if its something to do with drivers, but a PC just doesn't shut off completely and not turn it self back on again.

Thats a PSU error or your motherboard going faulty, try going into BIOS settings and load Normal settings and not Optimal settings.

If the PC is not randomly shutting down but just rebooting,  you're formatting here is wrong and you should adjust it accordingly, and also if you wan't to blame the game , provide the crash logs from windows before you throw around accusations :-)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dariomTc    1
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Callum said:

a PC randomly shutting down and just turning off usually is a hardware problem and not a game problem, a game can make your PC BSOD and reboot , if its something to do with drivers, but a PC just doesn't shut off completely and not turn it self back on again.

Thats a PSU error or your motherboard going faulty, try going into BIOS settings and load Normal settings and not Optimal settings.

If the PC is not randomly shutting down but just rebooting,  you're formatting here is wrong and you should adjust it accordingly, and also if you wan't to blame the game , provide the crash logs from windows before you throw around accusations :-)

It restarts, what i meant is shuts down and then turns on back after few seconds itself, there are no crash logs since windows shuts down unexpectedly, says in every log in event viewer 

Edited by dariomTc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eldragon    23

There is literally a 0% chance that a random shutdown with no bsod is the games fault. I can be caused by the game putting a higher strain on your system causing it to draw more power than your PSU can supply on whatever rail is being taxed.  That would be fault of your hardware not the game itself. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Callum    23
12 minutes ago, dariomTc said:

It restarts, what i meant is shuts down and then turns on back after few seconds itself, there are no crash logs since windows shuts down unexpectedly, says in every log in event viewer 

Right thats something we can work with, have you made sure every driver in your system is updated ? , if not i would recommend using a free program called Driver Booster , its released by iobit , same company who makes advanced system care ultimate or normal edition, free of use , except for the ultimate , it comes with anti virus which they have colabbed with bitdefender to make the best overall pc optimization program out there to date :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dariomTc    1
1 minute ago, Callum said:

Right thats something we can work with, have you made sure every driver in your system is updated ? , if not i would recommend using a free program called Driver Booster , its released by iobit , same company who makes advanced system care ultimate or normal edition, free of use , except for the ultimate , it comes with anti virus which they have colabbed with bitdefender to make the best overall pc optimization program out there to date :)

I've done that already

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Callum    23

But also as i suggested , try going into bios and load the normal settings , not optimal ones, also check to see if you have bios updates for your motherboard, every little thing helps, i haven't had to redo my system or format my PC for about 2 years now , but thats simply because of 2 programs , driver booster  4.2 ( pro ) and advanced system care ultimate , 2 programs i pay for yearly,  my system is always clean and optimized , and i also have a paid copy of ccleaner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iMunRa    1

Same problem here.
I open my inventory and fps drops to 1.

Windows 7 64bits
i5 4460
8GB RAM
R9 270x 2GB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bakunda    0

BIOS is updated, I've always had it on normal not optimized because Z170 chipset is sketchy as all hell, already tested PSU with PSU tester and switched to different PSU, did a memtest, have run overnight benchmarks for both CPU and GPU, it's not a stability issue and hardware issues don't materialize for one specific type of software and only that software. Honestly I know the game isn't optimized but I doubt it's outdoing AIDA64 System stability test.. 

I'm up for more suggestions though, throw whatever you got at me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Infam0us    5

any news on this still getting the problem just tried to play again today with no luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Callum    23

My next suggestion will be to try out previous GPU versions , depending on what version you are using now , i'm running a 980ti my self but not the newest driver, with the z170 chipset i'd advice you to check if you have the latest chipset driver installed.

'But ill crunch my head and give it some more thought , if its random games that crash your pc now and then forcing it to reboot, and it keeps doing it, i would suspect your windows install being faulty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bakunda    0

My chipset is up date, as I said I'm pretty wary of z170, I've tried three different 980ti drivers, I've used the current one, one from Febuary and one from January, no change from any of them so I'm using current. I haven't had too much trouble with Win10 so I hope it's not that but maybe it's time for a fresh install.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like something isn't getting enough power. Do you have any Volt mods done or overclocking? Also what power supply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bakunda    0

BlizzHackers you might wanna check last page, I've checked the PSU thoroughly both with a PSU tester, with a seperate PSU and monitoring via HWMonitor and AIDA64. Originally I had a Corsair RM850i in it and now since testing with a second PSU I've got an EVGA Supernova NEX 750G; I need to be not so lazy and pop the 850i back in since Plat is better than gold and an extra 100 max never hurt anyone but either should work fine for my rig since I'm not running SLI or anything (my rig uses approximately 420).

I can't speak for others but I've pretty thoroughly checked my PSU for fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2017 at 5:11 PM, Bakunda said:

BlizzHackers you might wanna check last page, I've checked the PSU thoroughly both with a PSU tester, with a seperate PSU and monitoring via HWMonitor and AIDA64. Originally I had a Corsair RM850i in it and now since testing with a second PSU I've got an EVGA Supernova NEX 750G; I need to be not so lazy and pop the 850i back in since Plat is better than gold and an extra 100 max never hurt anyone but either should work fine for my rig since I'm not running SLI or anything (my rig uses approximately 420).

I can't speak for others but I've pretty thoroughly checked my PSU for fault.

What Im saying is with that chipset of sometimes the GPU needs a vmod for it to actually draw power.

Example would be my 780 ti. Some games would use power and ever tho the power was there the card had a volt block and would shutdown the PC. I had to download a program called Disable.exe from an OZ website. Its a known issues with 780ti/980ti. Id look into that. Has to do with OVP/OVC protection and the .exe disable those protections in the nvidia registry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bakunda    0

Huh, I certainly haven't heard of that and I can't find what your talking about either, let me know if you remember where you found that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
William    12
Posted (edited)

I'm 99% sure it's your PSU. What brand and model do you have?

Edited by William

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bakunda    0
Posted (edited)

For mine,two posts up, I've used both a Corsair Rm850i and an EVGA Supernova 750 G1.

Edited by Bakunda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gore1    0

The game is still reseting my pc. Even now its out for everyone on steam. I think i found out why its reseting my pc its after a few games when i jump from the plane it resets my pc must be some sort of bug :(

1.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh L    3
Posted (edited)

For some reason my game keeps freezing now and then as well as when I open and close my inventory. I know this has nothing to do with my system as I meet and go beyond the requirements and can get decent FPS on high settings, could this get fixed or seen to soon?

Edited by Hawkinz
made title more descriptive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Josh L said:

For some reason my game keeps freezing now and then as well as when I open and close my inventory. I know this has nothing to do with my system as I meet and go beyond the requirements and can get decent FPS on high settings, could this get fixed or seen to soon?

Hey Josh, What are your specs? I've seen a few reports of this. :-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh L    3
Posted (edited)

Is there an easy way to get them?

TqodRIZ.png

Edited by Josh L

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×