Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

burgerwad

Anyone else getting serious sound issues?

I don't really post on forums, so forgive me if I'm doing everything incorrectly...

But lately in the game I've been getting a serious bug with sound, as in when I'm facing a certain direction gun shots and cars and bombs just completely cut off. Now it could just be that my speakers are crap, and they are as they are dying, but I have the feeling it's a game bug since I can still hear my own character when moving around when this happens. It's pretty game breaking, so I'm hoping it's just the speakers, but I dunno...

I've definitely had bugs where sounds have been truncated mid-sound, or absent altogether. I've seen cars race past me in silence, red zone bombs fall without a peep, doors open soundlessly and glass break silently.

Oddly, the deafening sound of removing a tiny pin from a grenade never seems to fail!

Yeah, in my game the sound keep stopping all the time, however the sound of voice chat don't stop while I'm not having the effects sound.

Actually I have also noticed this.  When I'm near a red zone, the audio tends to get a bit confused and sometimes other sounds in the area such as vehicles start cutting in and out a little bit.

Unfortunately voice chat seems unaffected and works fine.

On 2/4/2018 at 3:36 AM, BKitten said:

Actually I have also noticed this.  When I'm near a red zone, the audio tends to get a bit confused and sometimes other sounds in the area such as vehicles start cutting in and out a little bit.

Unfortunately voice chat seems unaffected and works fine.

Not seen you on the forums for a while. Celebrating CNY? Or fed up? Either way happy new year!

Is this fixed yet, becuase this happens to me....   Ambient sounds stay, but all vehicle sounds dissapear at certain positions as if the game can't make sound at  exactly 180degrees  etc

what is annoying is when a plane goes overhead, it completely damps the other sounds you can hear, so if anyone sees you and approaches, your dead. Also moving yo head left and right to confirm where the sound is coming from is getting old lol

Noticed a few times, that sounds get cut off. But not that often, that it would bother me.

Only thing that was weird is that sometimes the sound of the planes are coming from a different position than the actual object. Ran outside a building because I thought the drop was about to hit my head only to see the plane miles away on the horizon.

Patch 12 broke directional sound. It wasn't anywhere near perfect before the patch but sound was at least consistent. It's very noticeable when looking for the plane. You'll hear it in one ear yet it's coming from the opposite direction. It's very inconsistent which makes it hard to document and report.