Sign in to follow this  
zorba63

Hacking and Cheaters

zorba63    1

This game needs to sort out the problem of people using hacks or it will die  a quick death like all the other games before it.  Infestation: Survivor Stories is a classic example of what will happen to this game if they don't put in serious anti hack software.

There are already multiple YouTube videos of people hacking and because a lot of younger kids play this, you can guarantee when they start t get owned all the time my experienced 1st person shooter players they will turn to hacks.

WARW0LF    0

i'd watch out admins/mods are censoring the forums about this stuff, no doubt this thread will get deleted but if you post about cheats again they will probs ban you from the forum.

i haven't seen or experienced any hacks or cheat while playing yet, neither have i seen any of the top streamers/youtubers run into any too, so i don't think its an extreme issue enough for the game to 'die'

Jbwrecked    151

I've paid attention to the killfeed right after dying in a major city and when it's the same name that's getting headshots with the UMP or Micro Uzi, you can safely assume and conclude that they've hacked the game. Agree, not an extreme issue, but I wouldn't say that these hacks haven't been exploited. Unfortunately, with no ban/report/cheat system in play, they will only continue to grow until something is done. 

PUBG_FWG    1,084
1 hour ago, zorba63 said:

This game needs to sort out the problem of people using hacks or it will die  a quick death like all the other games before it.  Infestation: Survivor Stories is a classic example of what will happen to this game if they don't put in serious anti hack software.

There are already multiple YouTube videos of people hacking and because a lot of younger kids play this, you can guarantee when they start t get owned all the time my experienced 1st person shooter players they will turn to hacks.

I see that you have posted this in suggestions and feedback. Thank you for your feedback. Yes, there are cheaters and there will always be cheaters. There is no such thing as an online multiplayer game where no one is cheating or hacking. We do our best together with BattllEye to minimize any impact cheaters may have on our game. When they are reported and/or discovered, they are banned.

Please keep in mind that most of the multiple YouTube videos you mention show cheats that no longer work in our game. 

Oh and if you do know a more serious "anti-hack software" than BattlEye, please do let us know. 

Thank you again for your feedback. 

• Like 4

Jbwrecked    151
49 minutes ago, PUBG_FWG said:

I see that you have posted this in suggestions and feedback. Thank you for your feedback. Yes, there are cheaters and there will always be cheaters. There is no such thing as an online multiplayer game where no one is cheating or hacking. We do our best together with BattllEye to minimize any impact cheaters may have on our game. When they are reported and/or discovered, they are banned.

Please keep in mind that most of the multiple YouTube videos you mention show cheats that no longer work in our game. 

Oh and if you do know a more serious "anti-hack software" than BattlEye, please do let us know. 

Awesome to know. I chose not to research into hacking and exploiting said hacks due to risk of getting banned so didn't know if anything was taken care of. I think including notes similar to the patch notes, shedding light on certain hacks that have been taken down, would be great. 

Similar to, "Patched recent hack where every shot would result in headshot" etc. 

As you stated, there will always be cheaters and attempts to hack so I understand if this can't be confirmed, but, in the case that it does result in a seize of said hack, that would be great for players to know. 

PandahSykes    79
22 minutes ago, Jbwrecked said:

Awesome to know. I chose not to research into hacking and exploiting said hacks due to risk of getting banned so didn't know if anything was taken care of. I think including notes similar to the patch notes, shedding light on certain hacks that have been taken down, would be great. 

Similar to, "Patched recent hack where every shot would result in headshot" etc. 

As you stated, there will always be cheaters and attempts to hack so I understand if this can't be confirmed, but, in the case that it does result in a seize of said hack, that would be great for players to know. 

Well then the hackers would know to stop using that specific cheat before they get the ban hammer xD - as long as they are banning hackers and actually doing something to improve their anti cheat I think they need to keep it in the dark .

grIMZGOD    0

My educated guess is that all we ask for is a bit more trancparancy about exploit and cheats. 

Like why not have a category on youre own forum where we can report a player and when you have banned him close the tread?

Its not that we dont believe in that you are trying to limit it and hunt down them. 

Its more like we want to be updated on the matter. 

Also until there is an implemented in-game report system for, bad behavior, cheats, teamkilling etc.

Like a intelligent automatic banhammer like the one used for some of the csgo communitys.  

As of now we need another account to report players, we need also proof etc. This leads to many cheaters will run free. Couse its messy. 

And when it comes to "delete all threads about cheats/hackers" it can for an outsider feel like you guys are putting the head in the sand and pretending there are none. 

Spen    128
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, grIMZGOD said:

My educated guess is that all we ask for is a bit more trancparancy about exploit and cheats. 

Like why not have a category on youre own forum where we can report a player and when you have banned him close the tread?

Its not that we dont believe in that you are trying to limit it and hunt down them. 

Its more like we want to be updated on the matter. 

Also until there is an implemented in-game report system for, bad behavior, cheats, teamkilling etc.

Like a intelligent automatic banhammer like the one used for some of the csgo communitys.  

As of now we need another account to report players, we need also proof etc. This leads to many cheaters will run free. Couse its messy. 

And when it comes to "delete all threads about cheats/hackers" it can for an outsider feel like you guys are putting the head in the sand and pretending there are none. 

The first thing would be "naming and shaming" and is not allowed in most or all communities. This creates a culture of witch hunts and is bad in general.

The a in-game report system would mainly be used by salty or bad players who blame everyone who kills them to be a cheater. This wouldn't work out well.

Added to the transparency request they could report on every hack / cheat mechanic / tool they got fixed via anti cheat mechanics. But this again would probably introduce a race between closing holes and finding holes.

Edited by Spen

WARW0LF    0
1 hour ago, PUBG_FWG said:

I stand corrected, my apologies.

grIMZGOD    0
1 hour ago, PUBG_FWG said:

Just now, Spen said:

The first thing would be "naming and shaming" and is not allowed in most or all communitys. This creates a culture of witch hunts and is in bad in general.

The in-game report system would mainly be used by salty or bad players who blame everyone who kills them to be a cheater. This wouldn't work out well.

Added to the transparency request they could report on every hack / cheat mechanic / tool they got fixed via anti cheat mechanics. But this again would probably introduce a race between closing holes and finding holes.

I dont rly agree on youre first to answers. Name and shame and also in-game report system works fine in CSGO for an example. Yes a few gets "overwatched" even if the are innocent but then they dont get ban. 

The last i agree with. 

Curran    1
5 hours ago, zorba63 said:

I haven't seen really any popular hack websites with PUBG cheats.

Smokewolf    3
Posted (edited)

Most script-kiddies aren't rage hackers and tend to be discreet so not to stand out.

Now that being said... In the almost two days of play I've had so far, head-shots are all too common place. Often I've been capped from behind a tree when there was no direct line of sight to or from the opposing player. Strong anti-cheat protocols need to be enacted while the game still has a functional player base. Please for the love of god, fix the games security issues. Otherwise It will be dead before full public release, that is unless you consider "early access" to be full release. In which case I'd expect the dev's to cash in and run. Followed shortly thereafter me finding a new home in the rubbish bin for this game.

Side note: Beyond that It's total shit that someone can manipulate the in-game video settings to make enemies stand out from the back ground clutter. Had 2-3 people suggest this to me right off from the first team game i joined.

Edited by Smokewolf

BogDweller    3

I hate how script-kiddies are called hackers.  It's like calling a terrorist who bought a rocket a rocket scientist.  

Kegstand    0
On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:19 AM, Spen said:

The first thing would be "naming and shaming" and is not allowed in most or all communities. This creates a culture of witch hunts and is bad in general.

The a in-game report system would mainly be used by salty or bad players who blame everyone who kills them to be a cheater. This wouldn't work out well.

While I agree that bad/salty players will use a report function steam does a good job at allowing you to report and if their snoops find anything said person go poof before long. So should use that feature currently it does not seem to track players in my games. Also I can quite easily look at a players steam account and decipher hacker or pro for myself. I don't get salty for dying to good players I get salty for continually getting hit through walls and behind trees when I know there is no LOS from the guy who took the shots. Quite easy to see by looking at folks profiles. Private profile, one game, low hours with 30-0 matches. Previous vac bans etc etc. I don't record my games and by the time I figure out someone is cheating it's too late so how to provide video evidence. I just flag player via steam and their system does it all for us. If you weren't hacking you would never even know someone salty accused you of it.

zorba63    1

Well I've been playing a lot over the last couple of weeks.  And in my opinion there are still quite a few 'Questionable Players'  As I said at the very start, if they don't sort out the issue of aimbots and ESP this game wont last 6 months after full release.

Stambo    155
41 minutes ago, zorba63 said:

Well I've been playing a lot over the last couple of weeks.  And in my opinion there are still quite a few 'Questionable Players'  As I said at the very start, if they don't sort out the issue of aimbots and ESP this game wont last 6 months after full release.

Nope, it won't last 6 months, I see it lasting several years.

zorba63    1
4 minutes ago, Stambo said:

Nope, it won't last 6 months, I see it lasting several years.

I hope it does, really enjoying the game, but we thought the same about WarZ/ISS

Jbwrecked    151
5 hours ago, zorba63 said:

Try checking out some high-ranked gameplay streams. At first I thought, "there's no way people can do that". Then I watched the streams and there are some very very skilled first person shooters out there. 

1S1KSolo    49
3 hours ago, Jbwrecked said:

Try checking out some high-ranked gameplay streams. At first I thought, "there's no way people can do that". Then I watched the streams and there are some very very skilled first person shooters out there. 

FYI, just because you watch someone's stream, doesn't mean they aren't cheating.  I would say 'most' high-ranked streamers probably don't cheat, but cheats don't show up on streams unless they slip up and make a mistake.

There are a few high-ranked streamers out there where you think 'there's no way people can do that", and you'd be right.

themoreyouknow.jpg

Jbwrecked    151
11 minutes ago, 1S1KSolo said:

FYI, just because you watch someone's stream, doesn't mean they aren't cheating.  I would say 'most' high-ranked streamers probably don't cheat, but cheats don't show up on streams unless they slip up and make a mistake.

There are a few high-ranked streamers out there where you think 'there's no way people can do that", and you'd be right.

themoreyouknow.jpg

I agree. But when I watch 6 different streamers and all snipe insanely well, I resort to thinking it's mostly skill. Plus many of them tend to minimize and you can see some of their other minimized applications. Of course, you can always "hide" icons, but, some of these people have thousands of subscribers/followers for a reason. 

1S1KSolo    49
20 minutes ago, Jbwrecked said:

I agree. But when I watch 6 different streamers and all snipe insanely well, I resort to thinking it's mostly skill. Plus many of them tend to minimize and you can see some of their other minimized applications. Of course, you can always "hide" icons, but, some of these people have thousands of subscribers/followers for a reason. 

Agreed, if you play games for a living, I tend to think you would get pretty good at them.  Most, if not all of them, are certainly better than I am :(.

Jbwrecked    151
1 hour ago, 1S1KSolo said:

Agreed, if you play games for a living, I tend to think you would get pretty good at them.  Most, if not all of them, are certainly better than I am :(.

Sames lol. Watching them, it looks so easy to do what they do. Then I get in there and potato every shot. 

zorba63    1

I agree there are some really good players out there.  but as stated, just because they stream doesn't mean they aren't cheating.  There are countless vid on you tube were streamers have been caught out cheating....and some of them at major tournaments.

Yesterday asian named guy on the aussie servers killed my whole group in seconds with 5 diffrent weapons. we did not see him once

After  he killed us he was going around the map headshotting people with a frying pan just perma spam of kills from him.

Id asume he got banned have not seen him since.

Sign in to follow this