Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SneaK X1

Update on Consoles?

Recommended Posts

Speaking during an interview with Inven, Kim said that the title, which has found great success on the PC and maintains a huge following to this day, will be rolled out for Xbox One’s preview program before being released for the PS4 at some point afterwards. 

Due to the fact Sony’s flagship system lacks a early access program, the developer is currently focusing its efforts on the Xbox One version of the game, with Battlegrounds already up and running on Microsoft’s console. However, Kim made it clear that a Battlegrounds PS4 version is in the pipeline. 

The news of a PS4 and Xbox One version of the game is perhaps a little surprising, as the studio previously said that it wasn’t planning on bringing the game to consoles until the PC version was fully optimised. 

PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds was released via early access for PC in March 2017, and takes the form of a MMO third-person shooter. The game can accommodate up to 100 players to slug it out in a battle royal, essentially a huge deathmatch where the last man standing wins the bout. Each match kicks off with players parachuting onto an island with no items in their possession, and must quickly scavenge for supplies which are randomly distributed throughout each stage before scrapping with other gamers. 

Are you excited to see PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds come to PS4? Let us know in the comments section below.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, haracombat said:

Speaking during an interview with Inven, Kim said that the title, which has found great success on the PC and maintains a huge following to this day, will be rolled out for Xbox One’s preview program before being released for the PS4 at some point afterwards. 

Due to the fact Sony’s flagship system lacks a early access program, the developer is currently focusing its efforts on the Xbox One version of the game, with Battlegrounds already up and running on Microsoft’s console. However, Kim made it clear that a Battlegrounds PS4 version is in the pipeline. 

The news of a PS4 and Xbox One version of the game is perhaps a little surprising, as the studio previously said that it wasn’t planning on bringing the game to consoles until the PC version was fully optimised. 

PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds was released via early access for PC in March 2017, and takes the form of a MMO third-person shooter. The game can accommodate up to 100 players to slug it out in a battle royal, essentially a huge deathmatch where the last man standing wins the bout. Each match kicks off with players parachuting onto an island with no items in their possession, and must quickly scavenge for supplies which are randomly distributed throughout each stage before scrapping with other gamers. 

Are you excited to see PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds come to PS4? Let us know in the comments section below.

lol where did you copy/paste that from ;)

isn't really an update (regarding to the title of the initial post) because this interview was back in march... so we want an update after that intervew ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, silverhammer said:

lol where did you copy/paste that from ;)

isn't really an update (regarding to the title of the initial post) because this interview was back in march... so we want an update after that intervew ;)

Reinforces my statements. He probably searched that up from a brand new article on the internet posted in the last few days. All these internet writers keep on posting "news" saying that PUBG is coming to console soon and then they reference that interview. It's too good click bait for them not to, wish Bluehole would say something else about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, SneaK X1 said:

Reinforces my statements. He probably searched that up from a brand new article on the internet posted in the last few days. All these internet writers keep on posting "news" saying that PUBG is coming to console soon and then they reference that interview. It's too good click bait for them not to, wish Bluehole would say something else about it.

true, I noticed that as well.. only bluehole can change that ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, SneaK X1 said:

Reinforces my statements. He probably searched that up from a brand new article on the internet posted in the last few days. All these internet writers keep on posting "news" saying that PUBG is coming to console soon and then they reference that interview. It's too good click bait for them not to, wish Bluehole would say something else about it.

yes i did to share

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I probably will get this if console doesn't come out in somewhat decent time.  However, I play on PS4 and I was wondering when this would come out.  If anyone has any sort of educated guess or knowledge, please respond, this game looks so great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, alfred said:

I probably will get this if console doesn't come out in somewhat decent time.  However, I play on PS4 and I was wondering when this would come out.  If anyone has any sort of educated guess or knowledge, please respond, this game looks so great.

Devs stated it will at least wait until after PC release(late 2017), and I assume it won't happen right after.  I'd guess early/mid 2018 as UE4 is super easy to port to consoles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only Bluehole really knows the timeline and they haven't mentioned anything about it in months. I wouldn't believe a word anyone says regarding time frames unless they receive paychecks from Bluehole or PUBG development.  There is already a thread open with some decent information regarding console releases/previews. Link below:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is PUBG coming to consoles? 
We're looking at our options regarding console release but our priority is a great PC release.

If they do make a console version it will be after the game is finished on PC and everything is how they want it. So probably not anytime soon for a console release. 4 months est til the game is done. Then probably some final tweaking after that, then getting mod tools in place, etc.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Nomad said:

Is PUBG coming to consoles? 
We're looking at our options regarding console release but our priority is a great PC release.

If they do make a console version it will be after the game is finished on PC and everything is how they want it. So probably not anytime soon for a console release. 4 months est til the game is done. Then probably some final tweaking after that, then getting mod tools in place, etc.. 

Ugh. Please read through the thread. We know a full console release isn't stated to be out until after the PC version. We are discussing the ambiguity created from past interviews with Bluehole where they stated they were already working on the Xbox version and planning to place the game in the Xbox Preview. Similar, but different. We aren't talking about a full console release. We're talking about a console version of early access. 

Not trying to offend, but please stop guessing time frames, it isn't helping.

EDIT: It's possible that your response was to a completely different thread, but given the "ambiguity" created by mods merging threads so frequently, I may have gotten confused. Ha. Which, if so, I apologize for the tone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, scrapple said:

True 4k Xbox Scorpio version (12 gigs ram on that bab boy) drooool

yeah but that bad boy isn't coming until next holiday... im talking more on xbox preview program. And let's see if sony announces another consoles too!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 7:00 PM, alfred said:

I probably will get this if console doesn't come out in somewhat decent time.  However, I play on PS4 and I was wondering when this would come out.  If anyone has any sort of educated guess or knowledge, please respond, this game looks so great.

we dont know one says it comes sooner 1 says after the pc is done bit the other one says they already working for the consoles so we just have to wait

 

i got ps4 hope they add 4splitscrean 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, DarkstarQc said:

maybe we will have more info at E3. It's in 2 weeks that's not too long!

About my 45th day straight coming to these forums to see if any news has been shared on this subject. What's another 2 weeks, lol.

If nothing is said at E3 I may just have to move to the woods with no internet so I don't go mad searching for info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-5-10 at 9:40 PM, Aldawgs said:

There actually making this on console? do you have any articles etc?

yes next year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SneaK X1 said:

About my 45th day straight coming to these forums to see if any news has been shared on this subject. What's another 2 weeks, lol.

If nothing is said at E3 I may just have to move to the woods with no internet so I don't go mad searching for info.

in the article that everybody is pointing out they say clearly that they already have a team working on the xbox version

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DarkstarQc said:

in the article that everybody is pointing out they say clearly that they already have a team working on the xbox version

truw true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, haracombat said:

truw true

and that interview was in march and here is what they said about it:

Inven: How’s the console version coming along?

 

Kim: There’s something called the Xbox Preview Program, which is basically Early Access for Xbox. We’re hard at work adding the finishing touches to the game there. It’ll be out on both PlayStation and Xbox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have taken out the frequently asked question section and replaced it with FAQ which does not includes a part about the game being put on consoles so I guess they back out of it!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

any news yet?

with "the culling" there is a battle royale game on xbox now, so battlegrounds won't be the first anymore :S

The nearer we get to E3, the less I expect any announcement there.. but perhaps you someone here has read/heard/seen something in the meanwhile...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You kids are worrying about this game hitting consoles while there's still a ton of issues in terms of server performance, hit reg, desync, horrible fps on high end systems even with lowest settings...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, skiF said:

You kids are worrying about this game hitting consoles while there's still a ton of issues in terms of server performance, hit reg, desync, horrible fps on high end systems even with lowest settings...

so your assuming that everybody who plays on consoles is a kid? Just because they play on consoles...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, DarkstarQc said:

so your assuming that everybody who plays on consoles is a kid? Just because they play on consoles...

Its just a figure of speech, no need to be a drama queen about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, skiF said:

Its just a figure of speech, no need to be a drama queen about it

im no drama queen (bip) ,Which day is pubg going to be at ea 3 I don't remember.     Ataribox,,, https://www.ataribox.com/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×