Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BiggerBaz

TPP Aiming left and right of character model?

When aiming down third person view on TPP servers away from walls and corners is it supposed to switch from left and right side of the character model? Not sure if it’s a bug at the moment? It becomes very frustrating to aim with when it keeps swapping! 

Hoping I can get an answer from someone!

Nope, you can't choose. It's annoying and it's why I never even bother. Also, aiming in third person is barely better than not aiming at all. Just get used to/better at ADS and leaning. Way more reliable.

yes majority of the time i use ADS but there are times when the targets are right in your face and it is much quicker to shoot from the hip. like when they are coming at you from around corners etc 

18 hours ago, Brpc said:

Nope, you can't choose. It's annoying and it's why I never even bother. Also, aiming in third person is barely better than not aiming at all. Just get used to/better at ADS and leaning. Way more reliable.

I use 3rd-person aiming all the time (when I don't have a sight for my weapon).  ADS without a sight is difficult because most guns block too much of my view of the target.

I've found that your lean depends on what direction your last peek was. 

Your character normally pulls up their gun on the right but if your last peek was to the left the next time you aim you'll pull up on the left side. 

Make sense?

On 2/20/2018 at 4:56 PM, BiggerBaz said:

When aiming down third person view on TPP servers away from walls and corners is it supposed to switch from left and right side of the character model? Not sure if it’s a bug at the moment? It becomes very frustrating to aim with when it keeps swapping! 

Hoping I can get an answer from someone!

Yep this is 100% how it works and I feel like it was designed this way for Field of view purposes.Trying to aim around the right side of a building while looking over your left shoulder would not be ideal and vica versa I like it this way because it gives you the option to switch shoulders. Kind of a pain in the butt there isnt just a 1 button push but there almost arent enough buttons on the controller for the actions we have now. Just know that every time you lean if your playing in TPP anytime you soft aim you will now be looking over that shoulder until you lean the other way. you will get used to it. took me a minute to figure it out. I dont play in TPP anymore though because you cant soft aim in buildings without your avatar completely blocking your view of the opposition in most cases,

On 2/22/2018 at 6:27 AM, MiniUziShhh said:

I've found that your lean depends on what direction your last peek was. 

Yes that's right :)

You can choose. Hold left bumper to go into shoulder fire and then click either joy stick, will switch shooters stance side depending on stick clicked.

Leaning is done with left trigger instead of bumper but same stick clicks.

Stance side is left bumper plus stick click 

On 23/02/2018 at 7:07 AM, LaMorte617 said:

I dont play in TPP anymore though because you cant soft aim in buildings without your avatar completely blocking your view of the opposition in most cases,

OMG I hate when that happens ?

You can change your peak without ads in 3rd person. Soft aim, lean to the side you want, release soft aim. Problem solved boys.

On 2/21/2018 at 12:21 AM, Brpc said:

Please don't spread misinformation.

You can definitely change which shoulder the camera is over in third person aim. Simply lean the direction you want the camera to be.

And its FAR more accurate than just hip firing.

7 hours ago, Saikred said:

Please don't spread misinformation.

You can definitely change which shoulder the camera is over in third person aim. Simply lean the direction you want the camera to be.

And its FAR more accurate than just hip firing.

I was wrong about being able to choose (I mistook poor usability for lack of a feature).

However, it is decidedly not "FAR more accurate" than hip firing.

More accurate? Yes, but not enough to hit anything with any amount of accuracy over 15-25M. I literally just tested this today with a Kar98. Standing still, aiming with TP aim, missed a shot with the dot on the person's head. They were not moving and were no more than 30M away.

For TPP aim to be useful at all, they need to bump up the accuracy (for at least the first few shots, like ADS). It's basically random if you hit your target at all. The crosshair is misleading at best. It should honestly be a circle (like what some games use for shotguns), not a crosshair.

36 minutes ago, Brpc said:

I was wrong about being able to choose (I mistook poor usability for lack of a feature).

(1). However, it is decidedly not "FAR more accurate" than hip firing.

(2) More accurate? Yes, but not enough to hit anything with any amount of accuracy over 15-25M. I literally just tested this today with a Kar98. Standing still, aiming with TP aim, missed a shot with the dot on the person's head. They were not moving and were no more than 30M away.

(3) For TPP aim to be useful at all, they need to bump up the accuracy (for at least the first few shots, like ADS). (4) It's basically random if you hit your target at all. (5) The crosshair is misleading at best. It should honestly be a circle (like what some games use for shotguns), not a crosshair.

1. This is just flat out wrong. The area shrinks when soft aiming, obviously its more accurate. Some guns shrink more than others for balancing reasons.

2. You shouldn't be using hipfire or soft aim for a target that far in the first place. Why would you hipfire or soft aim at anyone 50-100 feet away (15m is 50ft)? You are asking to miss.

3. No it doesn't need a buff. You just need to stop using soft aim and hip firing at unrealistic distances. It is literally meant for up close quarter combat like in houses. Not for you to accurately hit a dude 1-2 houses away from you.

4. It is random. Thats how hip fire and soft aim in games work. There is an area the bullets can go and rng takes care of the rest. 

5. The only reason the crosshair is misleading is because they made it white. Once color adjustments are added in it will be a boat load better. They just haven't implemented it yet. Circles only make sense for shotguns which this game already has done. Crosshairs make sense on all the other guns which is why a majority of fps games use them.

This isn't meant to flame you. I am trying to help you understand that you are making poor decisions and asking for changes because of them. You have to use ADS as intended and soft aim as intended. Using them vice versa will get you killed every single time.

7 hours ago, Brpc said:

More accurate? Yes, but not enough to hit anything with any amount of accuracy over 15-25M. I literally just tested this today with a Kar98. Standing still, aiming with TP aim, missed a shot with the dot on the person's head. They were not moving and were no more than 30M away.

I believe it's about 20% less accurate than ADS, if I remember correctly!

Certainly agree about it not being very useful for any ranges above 15-20 meters. 

On 3/6/2018 at 7:53 PM, PUBG_Hawkinz said:

I believe it's about 20% less accurate than ADS, if I remember correctly!

Ok, you guys keep firing on hipfire and I'll keep dropping you in the targeting fire view (or whatever it is officially called). I almost never hipfire anymore once i realized exactly how much better this mode is for your accuracy.  Hipfire is just a way to acquire your ticket to a new match.

Also pretty sure kar98 is the worst weapon to do hipfire test with. Try testing it with an Uzi and tell me if you feel the same.

On 2/20/2018 at 4:21 PM, Brpc said:

Total n00b question.... what's ADS? And hipfiring? And how do you lean?  O.o

I don't usually play this type of game but I love this one, so I don't know much about weapons and shooting stuff and terms.

maan if they only gave me an option to check so it would allways reset (which ever way you were leaning last time) to the perspective that I feel most comfortable with which would be the one with the character on the left side of your crosshair.

On 3/16/2018 at 4:56 PM, whatsittou said:

Total n00b question.... what's ADS? And hipfiring? And how do you lean?  O.o

I don't usually play this type of game but I love this one, so I don't know much about weapons and shooting stuff and terms.

ADS = Aiming down sights

Hip firing is just pulling the right trigger without third person aiming (holding left trigger on config A, or holding left bumper on config B)
Leaning is done while ADS and clicking left or right stick.

On 05/03/2018 at 9:33 AM, Imma Kite said:

You can change your peak without ads in 3rd person. Soft aim, lean to the side you want, release soft aim. Problem solved boys.

Yeh I have now discovered that’s the best way to do it boys!!

Theres should be a default setting though that when you are away from walls it changes to the side you want it!