Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrPlectros

New items on the steam market !

Hi,

Like the last time you put new crates in your game, there is a problem with items !

If you open one of the new crate and then get an item : you have to wait 1 week before beeing able to sell it on the steam market.

BUT ! If you look at the market you can see items actually available.

There is 1 Zest silk scarf for example !

Steam imposes a 7 day market/trade hold on newly purchased items.

The market/trade hold is based on the key used to open the crate. If the key has a Steam restriction on it, so will the unboxed item.

If the key you used to open the crate has a Steam market/trade hold applied to it, items obtained from crates using that key will also have the Steam hold.

Just now, PUBG_Hawkinz said:

The market/trade lock is based on the key used to open the crate.

If you hold a key for 7 days and the key is marketable/tradable, items unboxed with that key will also be marketable/tradable. 

So buy your keys in bulk now so you don't have to buy the key when you get the crate .. negating the wait time? 

12 minutes ago, Vaquero Cremoso said:

So buy your keys in bulk now so you don't have to buy the key when you get the crate .. negating the wait time? 

I've edited my post to make it more clear

Why are changes to the steam marketplace ... such as new crates etc not announced in advance? 

1 minute ago, RAND0M7 said:

Why are changes to the steam marketplace ... such as new crates etc not announced in advance? 

You mean like this? This was posted yesterday.

Just now, Vaquero Cremoso said:

You mean like this? This was posted yesterday.

1 day is hardly 'advance'

Just now, RAND0M7 said:

Just look what happened when the desperado crate was announced, a lot of guys/bots ruin the market because they could buy a huge amounts of keys one week before.

Now with "surprise" new cosmetics crate, they don't have so much keys in reserve :)

Just now, MrPlectros said:

Just look what happened when the desperado crate was announced, a lot of guys/bots ruin the market because they could buy a huge amounts of keys one week before.

At least people knew what was going to happen, I just purchased about 30 survivor crates yesterday hoping they will go up by about 5c or so, but now that the crates have all changed with no warning, I don't know whether they will tank or not, meaning I get scammed every time I enter that marketplace with these types of practices.

5 minutes ago, RAND0M7 said:

At least people knew what was going to happen, I just purchased about 30 survivor crates yesterday hoping they will go up by about 5c or so, but now that the crates have all changed with no warning, I don't know whether they will tank or not, meaning I get scammed every time I enter that marketplace with these types of practices.

Buying thos 30 crates was a risk, i understand your point of view.

But i'm not agree with "At least people knew what was going to happen" because its the first time we have an official answer about how the 7-days are working with those early bird keys :)

Until the reply of PUBG_Hawkinz we never had the confirmation that if you buy a key and wait the 7days you can sell immediatly the item in.

37 minutes ago, MrPlectros said:

Buying thos 30 crates was a risk, i understand your point of view.

But i'm not agree with "At least people knew what was going to happen" because its the first time we have an official answer about how the 7-days are working with those early bird keys :)

Until the reply of PUBG_Hawkinz we never had the confirmation that if you buy a key and wait the 7days you can sell immediatly the item in.

PUBG devs have nothing to do with the 7 day delay. That is a steam market restriction and Hawkinz simply reiterated the steam marketplace rules back to you. 
As for the 30 survivor crates, that was a risk you took.

22 minutes ago, Forsakend said:

PUBG devs have nothing to do with the 7 day delay. That is a steam market restriction and Hawkinz simply reiterated the steam marketplace rules back to you. 
As for the 30 survivor crates, that was a risk you took.

I don't buy 30 crates. you missread this point i think :)

And thanks but i know how to read rules and you know what ? There is a fun fact : you will never find a place where steam explain that if you buy a key, wait 7 days, open a crate with that key, you will be allowed to sell the item inside immediatly.

I check all the steam descriptions/guides/rules etc...

The only information you can find is : "can't be put on the market until 7 days"

But this description is on Keys / locked crates / Cosmetics

SO --> The description say you have to way 7 days to sell the key or to sell the crate.

It never explain that the item INSIDE the crate is LINKING to the old of the key used to open it.

• Want more ?

The description is the same on items you can find inside those crates. So legally this description should apply to all the items at the moment they are obtain (without taking care about HOW they have been obtain - gift,key, redeem code etc)

• Little bonus ?

It's not possible to choose what key you want to use when you open a crate.

So even if you have buy some keys last week and one key 3 day ago, you will not be able to choose to use the 7days old key :)

• OK : you want another bonus ?

Try this :

check that you have no key left in your inventory -> buy a key -> wait 3 day (for example) -> open a paid crate (desperado or fever)

> you will see that you still have to wait 7 days for selling the item :) Not  the 4 day left because your key is 3 day old

And for finish, because you just look like wanted to teach me things like if i was a kid or something else for you : i never say here that those misinformation or few information are related to PUBG Corporation/Bluehole. (tip : i say something similar in another topic related to the market and it was about when they merged the previous gamescom keys :) you already a player of PUBG in thos days ?)

And like in my other long replies : sorry for my english - not native