Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

huura01

4 Million People gave you $30 on Xbox 1 for?

Our games to crash at least twice per day...

Rubber banding While Aiming Down Sights...

The worst start game rendering I have ever seen...

I understand its a preview...

But they got $120 Million (FROM XBOX ALONE) and its been enough time to where this shit should be fixed.

I don't know about you, but I gave $30 for a game that's really really really fun.

3 minutes ago, huura01 said:

But they got $120 Million (FROM XBOX ALONE) and its been enough time to where this shit should be fixed.

Money has nothing o do with it.  It's a small team working with a port that's not very stable atm.  And if you mention they can hire  more people, it takes months to train people on how to use software packages etc alone.  If you search for the things you have mentioned here you will find plenty of other posts to vent on with other like minded people.

It has been rare lately to find a game I look forward to playing with the boys. $30 has been well worth the return. Still hungry for that first chicken dinner. 

2 minutes ago, Buffdiver said:

Enough time?? You mean 2 months?? You have no idea what you are talking about im afraid.

In fairness to OP - it's not like they've only had two months to get this running properly.   Do you think it was a direct PC port on release or were they working on an Xbox version for MANY months before hand?  Think about it. 

9 minutes ago, huura01 said:

Clearly, you don't.

If it only crashes twice a day, you are in the top percentile for this game. I get it on an average of 30-50% of the time. I can't believe the people defending this game. They should be having developers swingshift and weekends until this gets somewhat under control, instead... nothing. People are already migrating to other games.

1 minute ago, Alpinelager said:

In fairness to OP - it's not like they've only had two months to get this running properly.   Do you think it was a direct PC port on release or were they working on an Xbox version for MANY months before hand?  Think about it. 

Isnt it a different dev team finishing the XB1 port though? It can’t be a simple thing to port somebody else’s game onto an entirely different platform. 

I lile to think of my $30 as an investment. The more people who support it during development, the more resources the developers have to give us a quality product later on. 

Final thoughts: nothing is perfect. Expect the issues. The game is still fun. Enjoy it and keep the faith - this thing is way too popular for them to leave us hanging (*ahem* 7dtd). 

A member called Kizy wrote this in another post so I hope they don't mind but have a read:

Long-time lurker here. Firstly, I’ve posted this not to cause a fight or cause chaos, but to have a discussion. Sorry for the long post.

I've finally decided to post because I've seen an unfortunate trend on these forums (and in gaming in general). I'm not covering anything particularly new, but I've decided to try to critically look at two things (under one discussion):

• Why are so many people feeling so entitled? 
  • Why are there so many back-seat developers suddenly?

I get that we all feel invested in the game because we've bought the game on preview – however, we are consumers not developers. The video games community seems to have adopted the premise that we’re all experts on development, games and running a business. I see posts on the forums saying, “You’ve let us down” and “We’re forgotten about” – where is this entitlement coming from? Yes, you’ve purchased the game and you want your feedback to be heard – well, lucky for you there’s a forum for that! With employees from the dev company actively responding to posts! Communication is King – but stop for a moment and realise something, you’re getting it.

There are so many people being heavily critical and demanding on BlueHole, using their experience only as consumers as reference. Let's treat computer games like a piece of software (because fundamentally they are) - why do people think they are qualified to comment on and criticise a development process they have no sight of. In addition, why should we have sight of it? What ever happened to giving feedback and letting them get on with it.

Please don't confuse this for me saying that people shouldn't give feedback – they 100% should. It's integral for preview games to progress and be successful. Remember, this is a game preview – essentially beta software. If you’re coming in expecting a perfect product, your expectations are wrong – the game/company isn’t underperforming. Feedback should be focused on features, workflows, etc. - not development practices and employee performance! Leave this to the professionals, because that's what they are.

On a personal note, I'm writing this as a Product Manager for a piece of software used by engineers - I've got experience in software development as an ex-programmer and as a Product Manager, but I still don't feel qualified to comment on their development practices. I'm anticipating the updates as much as everyone else is - we should enjoy the preview game for what it is and give our candid feedback for the betterment of the game.

Thanks for reading.

Heres a link to the whole post:

https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/184421-an-unfortunate-trend/

Let's take this opportunity to ask a dev how much it costs to maintain a server ?  I believe it's a lot of money and that's just to give us a place to go kill each other. 

Not to mention everything else that goes into building an awesome game 

Hate to be the negative Nancy. It’s not been two months. They have been working on this version for 10 months. Since you know they announced it. 

Original poster has a point. The frame drops are not acceptable by any standard. This game looks awful. It should run on anything but it’s the lack of effort. Even on pc. Or intelligence on every level of production. I’m unsure.

this game should have a 99% frame draw of 30Fps. It’s unreal 4 for god sake. 

Stop defending them. It’s not like it won’t be year in couple months at E3. Also company’s port pc titles to Xbox with in two days at the latest and have it up and running. 

Do not be stupid. 

I paid for a game preview knowing it wasnt finished which is why one i more willing to pay 30 for it. It also takes a while to develop games as well as smooth out all the bugs and rough edges. As for what it is now its 10 times more fun then frustrating though it happens but thats life, especially when its been laid out clearly that its "unfinished and may or may not ever be"

I personally also think it's a joke, I experience game crashing probably 30% of all games I play. It's different in this game because matches can take up to 40 minutes, when you are driving to the final circle after half an hour and you crash to dashboard, it's infuriating. 

I understand it's a game preview, but those who say 120 MM in revenue can't get a game optimized in 2 months are really out to lunch IMHO. Money can do pretty much anything when it's allocated properly with good leadership. For me, a game preview means the very unlikely chance of game crashes, I would expect things more like bugs, glitches, bare bones content, but game crashing 1/3 matches is a complete joke. When you play with a squad, nearly every single game someone crashes out and we have to adjust our strategy to protect them while they are standing in the middle of a filed waiting to join back in. 

Honestly, get your shit together Blue Hole. 

1 minute ago, Obey5469 said:

Hate to be the negative Nancy. It’s not been two months. They have been working on this version for 10 months. Since you know they announced it. 

Original poster has a point. The frame drops are not acceptable by any standard. This game looks awful. It should run on anything but it’s the lack of effort. Even on pc. Or intelligence on every level of production. I’m unsure.

this game should have a 99% frame draw of 30Fps. It’s unreal 4 for god sake. 

Stop defending them. It’s not like it won’t be year in couple months at E3. Also company’s port pc titles to Xbox with in two days at the latest and have it up and running. 

Do not be stupid. 

It's been on live servers to the public for 2 months.  Testing in a studio doesn't count for much of that as we have seen with the most recent updates not working correctly.

1 minute ago, trufflepigg said:

I personally also think it's a joke, I experience game crashing probably 30% of all games I play. It's different in this game because matches can take up to 40 minutes, when you are driving to the final circle after half an hour and you crash to dashboard, it's infuriating. 

I understand it's a game preview, but those who say 120 MM in revenue can't get a game optimized in 2 months are really out to lunch IMHO. Money can do pretty much anything when it's allocated properly with good leadership. For me, a game preview means the very unlikely chance of game crashes, I would expect things more like bugs, glitches, bare bones content, but game crashing 1/3 matches is a complete joke. When you play with a squad, nearly every single game someone crashes out and we have to adjust our strategy to protect them while they are standing in the middle of a filed waiting to join back in. 

Honestly, get your shit together Blue Hole. 

You obviously need to do a bit more research into game previews then cause you are deluded.  When battlefield 4 first launched at full price as a fully "finished" game it was absolutely rubbish so for people here to complain about buying a preview game which is in work and one that will get broken many times until it's 1.0 release is a joke. Try reading this post 

34 minutes ago, huura01 said:

I've clocked over 24 hours of playing. I got the game after the most recent patch so I can't speak for players who have played before then, but my game hasn't crashed once. 

I have hardly had any crashes recently, probably 3 in two weeks.  Maybe I am lucky - who knows, but i'm pretty happy with it.  At the end of the day, it crashes far less than GTA V crashed when it first went online

The rendering is a hardware issue, buy an external ssd if waiting 15 seconds is bothersome

Other than that, the other bugs will be fixed, miracles take longer that 2 months 

4 minutes ago, Andymh5 said:

You obviously need to do a bit more research into game previews then cause you are deluded.  When battlefield 4 first launched at full price as a fully "finished" game it was absolutely rubbish so for people here to complain about buying a preview game which is in work and one that will get broken many times until it's 1.0 release is a joke. Try reading this post 

Ok, call me deluded all you want and draw comparisons to absolute horrendous launch disasters as your expectations. It doesn't change the fact I'm personally disappointed with the level of performance regardless of what they call this version of the game. They received 120 MM in revenue, the game is even bundled with new Xbox One systems, MS is pushing PUBG, and the game is really fun yes, but it's bordering on unplayable for many of us who don't really just shrug if off when we wasted 30 minutes of our time in a game, saw no opponents, and then got killed when I was on the Xbox dashboard and PUBG crashed. It takes over 1 minute to get back into the game at a minimum. Good luck surviving that. 

Again, get your shit together Blue Hole. Optimize the game, make it happen you have the resources. 

Battlefield 4 , Assassins Creed Unity,  GTA V online ,  Halo The Master chief collection. 

4 different game, 4 different AAA studios with more money than. I can count, all 4 were broken on release as full games.

To say, Bluehole have money therefore it should be fixed is just stupid and has no idea about how game development works.

Seriously, Quit moaning !

if you want a fully stable polished playable game then stop playing until the 1.0 release, if you want to play a game that's fun but buggy then carry on, but stop all the "it's not working" crying

9 minutes ago, Theisman said:

Battlefield 4 , Assassins Creed Unity,  GTA V online ,  Halo The Master chief collection. 

4 different game, 4 different AAA studios with more money than. I can count, all 4 were broken on release as full games.

To say, Bluehole have money therefore it should be fixed is just stupid and has no idea about how game development works.

Seriously, Quit moaning !

if you want a fully stable polished playable game then stop playing until the 1.0 release, if you want to play a game that's fun but buggy then carry on, but stop all the "it's not working" crying

Well said ?

35 minutes ago, Rinzler_AKM said:

I've clocked over 24 hours of playing. I got the game after the most recent patch so I can't speak for players who have played before then, but my game hasn't crashed once. 

I haven't crashed once since uninstalling and reinstalling. Before: crashed 75% of my games. I've played about a dozen since the reinstall

Well, it was on the 7th I think when they released the last patch. Maybe they are trying to fix the crashing and lagging and the patch we've all been anticipating is to address this issue.

I love this game to, watched others quit playing it, but I haven't played another since its launch. I have complained about lag and crash, and I have read most of the replys...some of which are just armchair programmers as far as I'm concerned. If they know so much about the subject why are they posting on a forum...kids.

I have found other issues since the last patch but I'm not going complain about them on a forum until other issues are fixed.