xBeastlySnipax

Xbox Game Proximity Chat (Let's get it going community.)

Everyone needs to stick to this forum or another one because I have found so many forums over this topic. If we just all stayed with one discussion thread, this will be more noticed so hoping this takes notice.

Majority of all customers/gamers I have spoken to about this issue are extremely let down by the fact that game chat may not come to Xbox. Many players were led to believe this would in fact be on Xbox and now there is a lot of disappointment in the Xbox PUBG community. Not only does this lessen the fun and realism of the game, it is also limiting the community coming together which is what Xbox really needs, like it was in the 360 days. The ability to speak to others near by gives the game a whole new edge. I hope during the early access, and development of the game, there is a change of mind on this argument because your fans that have brought great success to the company and making the whole console launch even possible want and desire this. I have not met a single gamer yet that has opposed this idea. Make your fans love you even more Bluehole! You guys are great and do a wonderful job listening to the community, so please just hear this argument out and make us all even happier than we are! Keep it up devs!(:

BlueHole and Microsoft help bring the community back together, PUBG is that chance! Thanks!

• Like 9

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, xBeastlySnipax said:

because I have found so many forums over this topic. 

I have not met a single gamer yet that has opposed this idea.

did you read any of the other forums on this topic?

Lots of people are opposed

to summarize:

Xbox uses party chat, thus making proximity chat in game a thing mainly for solo's.

---> most people will disable it (for the very reasons select few use it)    of the ones who do opt to use it 90% will then use it to troll and harass.

----->So we are asking pubg corp to invest resources into implementing a feature that will hardly be used and the ones who do use it will be dominated by those proliferating hate/toxicity/ and salt.   All things which Microsoft deems reportable.

-------->not the best idea for xbox deployment

Edited by RL4LIFE
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

I can tell ya OP that there are quite a few players opposed to this idea.

What is the real benefit of proxy chat? Like an actual need for it to be in the game?

It adds little moments and such but it just opens up toxicity and trolls. It is not something that needs attention atm or imo attention at all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Proxy chat can allow you to communicate with an enemy player.  Maybe create scenarios where you can barter instead of a gun fight.    Also for those heavy mouth breathers camping at the edge of the circle, this would give them a reason to control their annoying phlegm symphony.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Balloonknot said:

Proxy chat can allow you to communicate with an enemy player

Which would be overly Abused by the select few solo players who want to use it as stated above

Maybe create scenarios where you can barter instead of a gun fight.   

Also known as teaming and is a bannable offense

Also for those heavy mouth breathers camping at the edge of the circle, this would give them a reason to control their annoying phlegm symphony.

If it was in the game you would have it off, unless you wanted to engage in it.    Hot mics are bad in almost any situation 

There are a lot opposed. I don't see why they're not allowing it with an option to turn it off. I dig it. Its fun on sea of thieves. Just have it, if you dont want it turn it off. Simple and both sides win.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Remo1987 said:

There are a lot opposed. I don't see why they're not allowing it with an option to turn it off. I dig it. Its fun on sea of thieves. Just have it, if you dont want it turn it off. Simple and both sides win.

For the reasons stated above

may come one day.   But I’m guessing a long way off

if ever

Edited by RL4LIFE

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, RL4LIFE said:

For the reasons stated above

People get banned relatively easy here with cheating by teaming up. It would be a much larger problem in other games as well. It is implimented on pc. Trolls will always be there with or without. I get hate mail on xbl regardless. I get the chances are there for some negative activities. Idk. I just dont think its going to be THAT bad. At the end one person can win anyway. I wouldnt even mind if there was a temporary team up to get out of a hot bed situation. Theyd fight after anyway. Youd need multiple people WILLING to cheat in the first place. And if they plan on cheating, theyre going to find a way to cheat anyway. Itd be an interesting mechanic. I dont believe its a majority that would use it in that way. But its a risk id gladly take. Let them test it in a new patch. Theres team ups without the patch. Cheaters will be cheaters. I like the idea regardless. Its not like you can invite players from another squad into your match, xbl friends and so on. So its difficult either way. And how would it play out, youd need to be close enough to hear, yell you want to team up, and trust a stranger that they wont kill you? Just doenst seem as fathomable as it seems. Id say sure and kill them. I say try it. If it ends up being game breaking, rid of it. But i honestly dont seeing it play out as bad as people think.

Edited by Remo1987
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, xBeastlySnipax said:

Why respond if you don't want it? Just turn it off then.. don't ruin it for the ones who do? :/¬¬

I get the fear of cheating through team ups, but that's it. And like I said, theyll find a way to do it anyway, on the other hand, i really dont see it being as huge a problem as people believe it to be. As if the majority of players are going to use it for that purpose only. Two people, making an illegal team, could use party chat anyway, and thats not only easier, its smarter as they can hear eachother the whole time. So should we ban that? Disable party chat? Proximety is weaker. You want less cheating and precalculated team ups then we really should only have proximety chat realistically. But as i said, those who do it do it already.

Edited by Remo1987

Posted (edited)

Sea of thieves has it... 4 player squads, did they ban it because half a server could start a fleat? Halo had it. Its not that horrible. Most videos i saw where it became a problem was on asian servers. And when the pc ban kicked in... They were half the percentage of cheaters anyway. Why not do a trial run, hell, dedicate a few servers to it enabled and see how "bad" it will be.

Edited by Remo1987

On 3/3/2018 at 8:22 PM, Remo1987 said:

Sea of thieves has it... 4 player squads, did they ban it because half a server could start a fleat? Halo had it. Its not that horrible. Most videos i saw where it became a problem was on asian servers. And when the pc ban kicked in... They were half the percentage of cheaters anyway. Why not do a trial run, hell, dedicate a few servers to it enabled and see how "bad" it will be.

Love the response and idea! Thanks 

• Thanks 1

Just took a dude from the peir to the shooting range cause I didn't feel like trying to kill him via vehicular manslaughter.....Was going to go for military base, seen him land in front of me, he didn't try to run, but kinda seemed to give up, I honked the horn for him to get in, he got in, we started for the military base, but due to the first circle going so far north, I just decided to drop him off at the shooting range which was waaaaaaay far away from the planes path and should have been safe. Would have loved to have said something....lovely weather, for DOOOOOOOOM! MUAHAHAHAAAA

• Like 1

Add prox chat and have the option to have it on or off.  It would add a lot of fun to the game, and if you're someone who can't handle some nobody spewing garbage/salt after they die then keep it turned off. Give us the option. Plain and simple. 

I think it would provide the opportunity to have some hilarious exchanges... Yes there will be jerks but so what, Thats a given in life.

I've had plenty of firefights where we both suck huge balls and there's that ten second break mid fight to reload... Awkward silence could be filled with a "yo mama"  joke or just plain old trash talk. Like seriously we're already trying to kill each other , can it get much more offensive?

I think it would be fun. 

And if you don't feel the same insert "yo mama" joke 

Though covered on (many previous) forum posts, the issue for proximity chat to be abused is one of the main concerns herein.

Yes, you can just 'turn it off' if you don't want to hear the jokes / banter etc.... however.....

What is to stop a group of people teaming up in a solo game (using said proximity chat) and teaming up to kill the other (genuine) solo players? The same can be said for each of the other game modes (grouping up of two or more duo's / teams etc).

The only way I could see that if could be fairly implemented would be to split each of the game modes into a proximity chat / non proximity chat option. I do not think anyone wants to split the game modes further.

K.

I posted this in another forum but just an update to everyone who think that PUBG will never have proximity chat..

they withdrew there "no plans" and it may come in future so everyone who wants this should be happy :)

Q: Why are there no plans to bring proximity voice chat to Xbox?
A: We understand that some players feel that proximity chat is essential to get the full Battle Royale experience. Currently we have other high-priority tasks to work on but we will continue to monitor feedback and may revisit this in the future.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Keano1981 said:

Though covered on (many previous) forum posts, the issue for proximity chat to be abused is one of the main concerns herein.

Yes, you can just 'turn it off' if you don't want to hear the jokes / banter etc.... however.....

What is to stop a group of people teaming up in a solo game (using said proximity chat) and teaming up to kill the other (genuine) solo players? The same can be said for each of the other game modes (grouping up of two or more duo's / teams etc).

The only way I could see that if could be fairly implemented would be to split each of the game modes into a proximity chat / non proximity chat option. I do not think anyone wants to split the game modes further.

K.

What are the odds that a) theyll even have a chance to stop and talk, b) trust that player theyre trying to team up with c) that player trust that player vice versa d) how many cheaters do you really think there are in this aspect e) the game is about being the last one standing... Strangers are not going to team up easily, and friends who plan on it are using party chat anyway.  Party chat is already there and far more viable.

The second somebody says lets team up the last thing im going to see is some complicated plan work out where the two of us are going to go the whole match together like chip n dale, listening and trying to make plans and call them when you have to be a few feet from eachother since its PROXIMITY chat. Im going to say yes ill team up, aim down my site, and take that free kill this moron just lowered his guard for.

I see more people saying lets team up to have someone lower their guard to kill him. And after that happens once, i dont think youd be that stupid to do it again.

Edited by Remo1987

There is always going to be the scare of teaming but you can have a banning system and also teaming has been known to get you killed more often than a chicken dinner. They can always betray which happens most frequently and also to viably team up and win would take a lot of communication to know where you two are at and don't accidentally shoot eachother and work together in a way that actually makes it unfair to another individual.. also talking a lot will only give your spot away cause your in open Proximity chat. 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2018 at 3:15 PM, RL4LIFE said:

Which would be overly Abused by the select few solo players who want to use it as stated above

Also known as teaming and is a bannable offense

If it was in the game you would have it off, unless you wanted to engage in it.    Hot mics are bad in almost any situation 

RL4Life, you wouldnt have a choice to eliminate proximity chat in an actual real life scenario like this game.  Bartering is not teaming.  If I told a guy to drop all their loot to leave alive, you call that teaming?  Im taking all their loot.  Theres nothing team oriented about that.  By bartering, I dont mean, hey I see you have a 4x scope, I will trade you 90 rounds of 5.56 for that scope... no..

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Balloonknot said:

RL4Life, you wouldnt have a choice to eliminate proximity chat in an actual real life scenario like this game.  Bartering is not teaming.  If I told a guy to drop all their loot to leave alive, you call that teaming?  Im taking all their loot.  Theres nothing team oriented about that.  By bartering, I dont mean, hey I see you have a 4x scope, I will trade you 90 rounds of 5.56 for that scope... no..

Yea I agree, bartering is not teaming. The developers want the game to be as realistic as possible and communicating with strangers is as real as it gets in this situation. If you were dropped on an island like PUBG in real life then you are able to either spare someone, force them to drop their equipment, or kill them. The possibilities are endless in real life because of communication so implementing proximity chat into the game will be the fastest way to make the game realistic. You actually get to feel your enemies as if they were real and not just a bot. When you throw a grenade into their hut their camping and you get to hear their panic as they scurry to the door, it becomes 10x more personal and real than not hearing them. 

• Like 1

On 3/7/2018 at 7:59 PM, Pezz28 said:

Add prox chat and have the option to have it on or off.  It would add a lot of fun to the game, and if you're someone who can't handle some nobody spewing garbage/salt after they die then keep it turned off. Give us the option. Plain and simple. 

I agree with you! 

there is a preference and if you wanted off you can have it off but give it to the people who want it so we are all happy! 

• Like 2

I’m 100% opposed to this. Not needed. Not even in the slightest. Even if you don’t use a party chat you can still talk with your teammates. There’s absolutely no use in solo. Why so when your running and then all of a sudden you hear someone talking you know there is an enemy nearby? Stupid. 

To barter rather than fight? Seriously? I’m not even going to say anything else about that

• Like 2
  • Confused 1