Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Babublexter

Footsteps sound

The sound has changed on footsteps while wearing boots to the flippers foot sound, like I’m not wearing shoes 🤦🏼‍♂️ I’ve taken them off and put back on to see if it work I’ve tried doing this to see if it changed 

in pregame lobby and  while in game and also  customise player to see but still don’t work 

Have noticed random footsteps and the sound of nearby enemies but no one near since the latest patch.

Someone on Reddit suggested it is your footsteps sound both with shoes and barefoot. But definitely a bug from new update. Hopefully it's a hot fix soon

Maybe it was always this way but a grenade exploded in a house that I was not in and it sounded like the red zone explosions. It was loud as hell. And there was no red zone on the map at the time. 

Basically I'm getting double footfall sounds while barefoot. One track is from whatever terrain I'm on and the other is hard slapping like on concrete.

It's more like "Ghost" footsteps.  I was running in an open field for about 1 map grid I could hear the ghost steps next to me like he was running with me.  I even stopped moving and you could still hear them.  It was like someone had run through the same area before and the footstep sounds were still there even though the player had long left the area.  

I hear both barefoot and boots sounds now when I’m running inside a building

It’s boots when crouched and barefoot when standing. Please confirm 

I have found that when running across a field etc sometimes the footsteps sound like you are in a house. 

Yeah both barefoot and boot sounds, plus it seems louder.  Makes it hard to hear anything else 

On 3/2/2018 at 9:44 AM, SlipperyDucker said:

The sound has changed on footsteps while wearing boots to the flippers foot sound, like I’m not wearing shoes 🤦🏼‍♂️ I’ve taken them off and put back on to see if it work I’ve tried doing this to see if it changed 

in pregame lobby and  while in game and also  customise player to see but still don’t work 

I agree I hear the same its changed please fix this.

20 hours ago, FLYRIP said:

It's more like "Ghost" footsteps.  I was running in an open field for about 1 map grid I could hear the ghost steps next to me like he was running with me.  I even stopped moving and you could still hear them.  It was like someone had run through the same area before and the footstep sounds were still there even though the player had long left the area.  

You know I had this as well I thought a team mate was behind me then I see all three was ahead and I had to stop and get ready to shoot 🤣

11 hours ago, Yager said:

Yeah both barefoot and boot sounds, plus it seems louder.  Makes it hard to hear anything else 

The sound is so annoying 🤦🏼‍♂️ And yeah footsteps seem louder 

as suggested on one of the earlier posts, it's definitely your own footsteps that are "echoing".  It sounds like someone is following you.

This has been wrecking my head! 

I had issues with my headset anyway so bought a new one... same problem on PUBG... sounds like i'm running through an echo chamber :S

How does this bug make it past QA testing? You sold 4 million copys just on xbox and you can’t afford good testing.   Come on get your ****** together!

This had me and some guy trippin... lol we were looking everywhere but it sounded like someone in the house we just looted as we walked away and the AKM loading up. Lol 

Yeah 3 issues with footsteps I've found since latest patch:

1. Sound of footsteps when there is nobody nearby.

2. Sound of both boots and barefoot footfall when running anywhere.

3. I get the sound of feet landing after a jump sometimes when reloading weapons.

The footsteps bug is so bad.  I was running in a field towards the next circle and I could all of a sudden hear disembodied foot steps running as I approached an area of the field.  As I continued to run by I could hear it fading behind me.  Like there was nobody running I was literally running right over the spot the foot steps sprinting sound was coming from.  

This may have been a lag issue on the servers as if someone had run by there previously but the sound effects stayed.  Just like when you sometimes see a floating load out like the guns grenade are sitting on an invisible person.

The other notorious footsteps issue Ive seen big with this update is the double footsteps sound clearly coming from me.  I could be running inside a building and hearing 2-3 footstep sound affects overlapping (barefoot - my normal setup), boots, running in gravel or grass.

Yeah it sounds like the game is making the barefoot and shoe noise at the same time. 

Makes it pretty hard hard to play. And is quite annoying