Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Babublexter

Footsteps sound

On 3/3/2018 at 5:48 PM, FLYRIP said:

It's more like "Ghost" footsteps.  I was running in an open field for about 1 map grid I could hear the ghost steps next to me like he was running with me.  I even stopped moving and you could still hear them.  It was like someone had run through the same area before and the footstep sounds were still there even though the player had long left the area.  

Yup. This is exactly what I experienced along with another team member who was running on their own latter on.

With surround sound headset it sounded like someone was behind or off to the left.

Was using bare feet at the time.

I eventually got used to ghost foot steps while I was alone. Even to the point where I ignored footsteps outside a window and got nailed by a player outside the room I was in.

Having the same issue after the last update. I hear my footsteps to the side of me at times it's almost as other players are running up but it's just me. Also tired of being able to hear my squads footsteps yet I can't hear my enemies!

On 03/03/2018 at 12:48 PM, FLYRIP said:

It's more like "Ghost" footsteps.  I was running in an open field for about 1 map grid I could hear the ghost steps next to me like he was running with me.  I even stopped moving and you could still hear them.  It was like someone had run through the same area before and the footstep sounds were still there even though the player had long left the area.  

Thats death following you LOL

i tend to hear the footstep  when im near the east fences of the crates in south george .also i have encounter in a few other areas....

14 hours ago, Space 1776 said:

I finally got a good video of the sounds as well.  My teammates had just run through this area and I could hear their footsteps even though they were about 100m away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHNczCJf0-g

I had this issue today, too. I played 1man squad. There were footsteps close to me, but I didn't move. No other one in sight, open field near Mylta Power. Thought they fixed it at #10.

8 hours ago, X314shorty said:

I had this issue today, too. I played 1man squad. There were footsteps close to me, but I didn't move. No other one in sight, open field near Mylta Power. Thought they fixed it at #10.

I had almost this exact same experience. It was like a phantom chasing me down and then it was gone. Wasn’t sure if what I heard had even happened. 

During he last patch, you sounded barefoot when crouched and like you had shoes on when standing. Now it seems like it’s the opposite.

On 3/2/2018 at 8:43 AM, Babublexter said:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Tynnyrinkansi/video/45119263

At 0:18 you can hear other players footsteps when there is nobody. Maybe lagged from that guy who crossed the field in front of me? (Need headphones to hear them in the video)

I have also had this issue after the #9 Xbox One update when they altered the audio. I don't believe its lag, i think it has to do with the system registering the audio late, because of all the render issues going on. Everything falls behind, even the audio performance.

I’ve seen a glitch where a couple of games me will be hanging in mid air and I hear someone running in that exact spot. 

Still getting the ghost footsteps, frustrating since it was supposed to be fixed and I don't know when I should be ignoring it or engaging an enemy. 

Running around outside of the factory adjacent to the power plant, I was having double footsteps. One set that sounded like running on sand, the other sounded like they were on metal floor.  Both sounds coming through simultaneously though. 

As of this weekend (17-03-2018 & 18-03-2018) the footsteps echo does still appear to be in the game.

It seems to happened at random time (with differing shoes / trainers etc) but seems to be most prominent if you have been running for some distance (it is almost as if the footsteps audio file is stacked up and is playing over itself).

K.

(Original Xbox 1, wired, EU)