Sign in to follow this  
ErisedMuramasa

Sandisk 900, Samsung T5, or other?

Bout to pull the trigger on a T5 SSD as write speeds have been confirmed upwards of 480 and read @510mb/s. 

Wanted to post quickly and make sure there were not any other recommendations (besides the monster glyph ssd rocking 800+) to take in to serious consideration or other options that may perform better given the kind of files we use. 

Thanks

I got a WD My passport ext SSD for my sons OG XB worked great, was smaller, just as fast, shock resistant (  cause you never know ) and it was cheaper than the T5.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, i was very very close to buying a wd passport, watched several videos and read many reviews. 

But it seemed the most common comparison was between it and the samsung T3- where given how they were testing it; was a back and forth battle of who was faster. (Wd faster but T3 had better driver which made it faster under the hood)

Then i realized the T5 was out for a similar price (within 20-30bucks) and ruled out both of the others after seeing the read/write speeds confirmed. 

Will be arriving today and excited to get things moved over- speaking of, how do we?