Jump to content
King Kesey

Add Aim Assist to counter K+M Players on console.

Recommended Posts

There are definitely players using K+M on console. My aim in PUBG Xbox is quite good. I win about 80% of battles but if a cheater With a Xim can point and click on my head while I have to line my shots up with the analog stick, HOW IS THIS FAIR?!?!? IT’S NOT! 

  • RIP 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will also give the K+M aim assist therefore negating any improvement you think it will give. 

 

The aim assist topic has been thrown around here more times than I care to make fun of.  It's tiresome and there are only so many Groundhog Day memes and quotes even I am prepared to post.  It's not happening my friend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just no. Aim assist would ruin this game. Absolutely ruin it. You can play well enough with a regular Xbox controller and I want my aiming to be mine, not the game trying to help me.

 

Also MnK isn't just point and click, it has to use the same inputs as a controller so is limited to what a controller can do.  Can it give an advantage? Yes. But it's completely different to aiming on pc.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People are reading the headline but not the after text. I DO NOT NEED AIM ASSIST. I can take out an entire team Solo. I’ve done it plenty of times. BUT... if K+M are going to run rampid in this game, then there needs to be a balance. People can consistently say “ Go to PC if you want to use K+M” but let’s be real, they’re not going to do do that. So for cheaters if this sort, there needs to be a balance. I’ve seen people on YouTube use a Xim attachment and it converts Noobs into Gods. I’m personally waiting for Death scams because I have a 2.0 k/d with my highest Kills being 16 in a single game. Some of my deaths are very questionable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope pretty sure I read the whole post

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) the use of kb & m is exaggerated

2) aim assist would assist everybody, including kb & m players so you would be back at square one

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

6 hours ago, RACED said:

This will also give the K+M aim assist therefore negating any improvement you think it will give. 

 

46 minutes ago, IX_TASTY_XI said:

1) the use of kb & m is exaggerated

2) aim assist would assist everybody, including kb & m players so you would be back at square one

 

1: agreed

2:  this isn't necessarily true.   The more aim assist a game has the Less the gap between M&K becomes.   Add auto aim and the gap can disappear completely

 

A mouse has incredible fidelity for quick/slow/large/ and precise movements.    Especially if your mouse has on the fly DPI settings.   So an Aim assist that adjust sensitivity curves base on what the player is executing at the time will innately have less of an impact on mouse because they were able to make all  the same precise movements before.  

 

A joystick however, which now has a dynamic sensitivity curve that changes to allow a player higher fidelity when aiming (thus allowing them the precision to hone in specific body or head shots- mimicking the initial advantage a mouse has to begin with) will notice a huge difference.         

 

The the higher this degree aim assist is implemented the narrower the Gap becomes.    it will always be there, but its not a linear relationship.

 

 

Edited by RL4LIFE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No thank you. I use a controller for reasons coinciding with why I play on console (convenience, casual play, level playing field) and would prefer NOT to play against those with M+K but would rather this game continue without aim assist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While they are at it let’s add in respawning, choosing a load out prior to dropping and the ability to change your load out in between spawns........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done of these posts make absolute sense. I guess if aim assist was added, KnM cheaters would benefit also. I love no aim assist, but something has to be done about people who break the rules!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I think the best solution would be to add native mouse and keyboard support and separate lobbies. This would accomplish 2 things:

 

1) the native mouse and keyboard support would feel better than the adapters, which would entice mnk players to join those servers

 

2) the player base is so big that ‘splitting the community’ isn’t a potential problem

 

I personally do just fine without aim assist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well consier xbox is allowing this now, its just matter of time before it completely moves the PC gamers over to xbox and we all be getting wrecked. Just matter of adjusting. good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mac9yv3r said:

Well consier xbox is allowing this now, its just matter of time before it completely moves the PC gamers over to xbox and we all be getting wrecked. Just matter of adjusting. good luck.

Microsoft has said that it is up to individual companies to determine if they allow M&K.

 

Bluehole has stated that they are not going to support native M&K and are currently looking for a way to detect emulators and stop people from using them. How they are going to do this is another question but they are against M&K usage on xbox.

 

So don't give up just yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Tempests Avatar said:

Just no. Aim assist would ruin this game. Absolutely ruin it. You can play well enough with a regular Xbox controller and I want my aiming to be mine, not the game trying to help me.

 

Also MnK isn't just point and click, it has to use the same inputs as a controller so is limited to what a controller can do.  Can it give an advantage? Yes. But it's completely different to aiming on pc.

K+m is point and click and analog stick is a sweaping motion....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Shomiehawn said:

Microsoft has said that it is up to individual companies to determine if they allow M&K.

 

Bluehole has stated that they are not going to support native M&K and are currently looking for a way to detect emulators and stop people from using them. How they are going to do this is another question but they are against M&K usage on xbox.

 

So don't give up just yet.

God i hope so, just ruins the game when they allow it. Just wish MS would said no but catering to the PC masses due to the cheating that goes on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lyrkn said:

K+m is point and click and analog stick is a sweaping motion....

Not really. KnM through an emulator is completely different to KnM on pc. It has to use the same inputs as a controller and so acts much more like a controller. It's not as easy as pc where you can have a 1:1 ratio and easily turn and hit difficult shots in fractions of a second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Tempests Avatar said:

Not really. KnM through an emulator is completely different to KnM on pc. It has to use the same inputs as a controller and so acts much more like a controller. It's not as easy as pc where you can have a 1:1 ratio and easily turn and hit difficult shots in fractions of a second.

 

You're both right, sort of. it is limited by the controller but the Xbox thumbsticks are insanely accurate from my experience, the problem is the sensitivity on pubg is terrible, but unfortunately fixing it would also make k&m emulators almost the same as pc.

 

Ever played Overwatch with linear sensitivity and no smoothing or acceleration, I can snap shot like crazy on that, unfortunately that makes it feel almost identical to PC when used with k&m from what i hear (I don't have a XIM please don't kill me)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I say no to anytype of aim assist

 

it would make the game feel completely diffrent and suck the fun right out of it.

 

This game isnt about 2 people shooting at each other its more about the strategy and positioning. 

 

If some one is cheating position your self better wait for the right moment and take your shot

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gypsy Tim said:

I say no to anytype of aim assist

 

it would make the game feel completely diffrent and suck the fun right out of it.

 

This game isnt about 2 people shooting at each other its more about the strategy and positioning. 

 

If some one is cheating position your self better wait for the right moment and take your shot

 

Only because I would LOVE to hear this.... How would you ‘Gypsy Tim’ get a better position to go against a K+M player?!?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would literally throw skill out the window.... cheaters are going to cheat , can't stop if they're pussys but ur basically saying lets just let everyone cheat so its fair...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, King Kesey said:

Only because I would LOVE to hear this.... How would you ‘Gypsy Tim’ get a better position to go against a K+M player?!?!

Run, get upper ground, snipe them before they know where you are, k+m or not if you go face to face ur just risking your life its all about strategy...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree there is unfair advantage against keyboard and mouse but turning on aim assist with ruin this game for me.. I only play first person shooters that have no aim assist cause it seperates it from the no good sprayers on call of duty that have no skill but still come out on top. Games like pubg and siege have no aim assist and it really seperates skill. Now I might burn some bridges saying this, but they should remove keyboard and mouse if it becomes to much of an issue in the future instead of adding aim assist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×