Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

knot_gillty

Fitting screen size

Is there any way to try and fit the full game screen onto the tv size? I’ve tried changing screen size through the tv menu but that doesn’t seem to work. The tv I have only had horizontal and vertical movements but doesn’t shrink the screen size. 

Can you specifie your problem a little bit? If i go to my screen and i have Full HD resolution then it´s full sized on my side.

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 2:13 AM, knot_gillty said:

Is there any way to try and fit the full game screen onto the tv size? I’ve tried changing screen size through the tv menu but that doesn’t seem to work. The tv I have only had horizontal and vertical movements but doesn’t shrink the screen size. 

Do you have an option on your tv called Overscan?

I had screen fitting issues and couldn't figure it out until I messed with this setting. Now my screen is fine.

My TV has a screen fit option in the settings, maybe fiddle around with aspect ration in your settings to see if that fixes before they add the safe zone

I’m willing to bet you are on 720p

when i go from my 1080p to 720p - i make all the adjustments you can do and it cuts it off. 

Another thing to try is go into xbox settings - display - video output - advance settings -

and try to change from Auto Detect - to HDMI - to DVI

^^ When doing this, it will drop your resolution bad, but don’t be afraid you go back one screen and select your proper resolution.

it differs from TV to TV - only one of my TV the DVI settings shows lighter blacks (i can see in shadows) but the HDMI setting has better colors (People may say it does nothing, but I have seen it with my own eyes) 

Let me know

On 3/9/2018 at 12:00 AM, Pimmal said:

Can you specifie your problem a little bit? If i go to my screen and i have Full HD resolution then it´s full sized on my side.

Nah, I’m talking about adjusting the game screen to fit into the tv screen. At the moment where it says how many players are left I only see it say “57 playe” not players. Also some of the minimap is cut out. If I’m playing in squads the name on the bottom of our squad list I can’t see how much health they have. Same as with vehicles, can’t see how much health it has either. 

On 3/9/2018 at 4:38 AM, Shomiehawn said:

Do you have an option on your tv called Overscan?

I had screen fitting issues and couldn't figure it out until I messed with this setting. Now my screen is fine.

Nah no overscan. I’ll keep looking for fixes. 

On 3/11/2018 at 1:42 AM, Cart3r27 said:

I’m willing to bet you are on 720p

when i go from my 1080p to 720p - i make all the adjustments you can do and it cuts it off. 

Another thing to try is go into xbox settings - display - video output - advance settings -

and try to change from Auto Detect - to HDMI - to DVI

^^ When doing this, it will drop your resolution bad, but don’t be afraid you go back one screen and select your proper resolution.

it differs from TV to TV - only one of my TV the DVI settings shows lighter blacks (i can see in shadows) but the HDMI setting has better colors (People may say it does nothing, but I have seen it with my own eyes) 

Let me know

Yeah it’s 720p. I’ll do the things you mention and let you know. Otherwise I might just have to talk the missus into a new Xbox tv....

Cheers all. 

5 hours ago, knot_gillty said:

Nah, I’m talking about adjusting the game screen to fit into the tv screen. At the moment where it says how many players are left I only see it say “57 playe” not players. Also some of the minimap is cut out. If I’m playing in squads the name on the bottom of our squad list I can’t see how much health they have. Same as with vehicles, can’t see how much health it has either. 

Nah no overscan. I’ll keep looking for fixes. 

Yeah it’s 720p. I’ll do the things you mention and let you know. Otherwise I might just have to talk the missus into a new Xbox tv....

Cheers all. 

Yeah it’s weird. Trust me when I say I tried everything lol 

it seems because of 720. Because like I said when I go back to my 1080 tv I have no prombelms. Only in 720 tv. 

I have ave someone who has a Vizio D series 1080p I think it’s 33” which we got from Walmart last year for under $200.  PUBG looks awesome on it, very clear and no dark shadows. I’m looking to get one 

I will just add that I have the exact issues you have and I am on a 1080 55" everything looks great for colors and shadows. Just can't see the edges of the game. I do believe my Xbox is set to AutoDetect but I will see if that adjustment makes any difference.