geordienemisis

General game play advice

Hi, I’m John from Newcastle in UK. I would like to know basic rules. Ie: blue circle red circle etc. I’ve played a few games highest level was 10 pure luck. I’m having trouble equipping pistol? Is there a post with comprehensive Xbox control/ game guide. I’ve been playing Division for ever and it has become stagnant, just searching for better kit to be killed in. So looking for a new drive. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Cheers in advance 

To equip your pistol push up on the direction pad below your left thumbstick. Grenades are right - keep clicking right to cycle through the different types

As for the circles, you need to drop and loot fast leaving plenty time to either find a vehicle or leg it.  It's always a good idea to try to be on the map with the narrowest distance between the white and blue circle.

When it comes to combat - aim down sights is king , also leaning by clicking your thumbsticks while aiming is vital,  try not to hip fire as you will end up in a rage after potato aiming and shooting an outline around your target.   Don't be scared to engage -  but try to make sure you will get a kill - don't take pot shots at someone about to run around a corner or over a hill as you will let everyone know where you are.

i really recommend dropping in the school, military island, prison, pochinki, etc as it will give you a nice fast learning curve on combat mechanics

control pad layouts are here - 

https://support.playbattlegrounds.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004276113--XBOX-Controller-Guide

Got get 'em tiger

Del's content is worth looking through.

When you've settled in, I'd advise getting onto Twitch and watching some of the streamers there for general "good plays" and general awareness. People like Shroud, Summit1G and Doctor Disrespect are quite enjoyable.

Cheers Kizy, I’ve watched some YouTube feeds but I’ll have look at twitch streams also. Thanks. 

Yeah Del had some good info. I’m getting better. 

watch pc players on you tube. they will have more information than a vast majority of xbox pubg yountubers. there's a couple good ones but far more pc guys who have the dirt you wanna know