Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

riktor skale

What is up with TPP / FPP?

I don’t get this bs with TPP / FPP. Is that really necessary? It seems I accidentally join FPP many times. 

Why can you switch views between TPP but not FPP? Is everyone else forced in FPP mode too when selecting this?

This just seems as utterly pointless as friendly fire. 

I only started playing this game on Xbox and been playing every day since release. I haven’t been on forums long enough to see any discussions on this if any. Also I come from games like GoW and BF. I don’t play CoD (not sure if that’s an option there)

Bottom line from where im coming from, these options seem pointless. It’s just frustrating to keep accidentally joining the FPP games. 

Also, it’s not really “TPP” since you can switch between both modes. It’s just confusing overall. 

This game was built for third person by default, first person is just a different option for people.

Lots of people then started to only want to use first person because they prefer how it plays, makes it more "real" and more competitive (no camera manipulation to see around corners etc) so they introduced FPP only servers so those that don't want to be killed by a corner peaking TPP person can play without that fear.

FPP is actually a more popular mode (maybe not on xbox, not seen the stats, but certainly across the whole of PUBG).

Oh that makes sense. I really can care less about PC version because of all the hacks but love the game on Xbox. 

I was not sure if the camera was bugged or what. I was not even aware they were separate servers. Guess I’ll give it a shot. 

FPP is a mode for people who like a more realistic experience as you cannot use TPP in that mode to peek around corners and into buildings by just using the camera angle. In FPP games  the TPP mode is disabled.

TPP is the original mode which some people don't like, because of the camera, but in this game mode you can choose whichever view you prefer.

1 hour ago, lennyuk said:

FPP is actually a more popular mode (maybe not on xbox, not seen the stats, but certainly across the whole of PUBG).

The last poll I saw had it about 50\50 on xbox.

I like both. I play both.

1 hour ago, riktor skale said:

I don’t get this bs with TPP / FPP. Is that really necessary? It seems I accidentally join FPP many times. 

Why can you switch views between TPP but not FPP? Is everyone else forced in FPP mode too when selecting this?

This just seems as utterly pointless as friendly fire. 

FPP is preferred by most because it avoids stuff like this:

Third Person - PUBG Logic VLDL

how about you slow down on these screen speed racer?

i have never joined the wrong game type because its honestly not that hard 

3 hours ago, riktor skale said:

I only started playing this game on Xbox and been playing every day since release.

huh? so you just started or youve been playing for 3 months? either way its kinda self explanatory by game mode description

this thread is somewhat amusing if you actually read out the abbreviations for FPP and TPP whilst reading.

I like and play both. I enjoy FPP, but trying to play FPP on a TPP server puts you at a SEVERE disadvantage. I'm glad I have the option of different servers for different modes.

As a bonus, at least on Xbox it remembers what you played the game before. On PC, you have to re-select after every game.

I prefer FPP in solos due to people in TPP looking around corners and into buildings from behind the wall. However, my squad mates don't like FPP and refuse to play. So I do play TPP quite often. I do like using FPP when I'm in TPP when looting buildings, but I will use TPP when out and about. 

So I tried some FPP and it’s not that great. Not very realistic, turning ect is too slow and feels like I have “tunnel vision”. 

I guess TPP isn’t realistic either but I like looking at my char in games, I don’t feel the need to want to be the character itself. 

I dunno,  not my thing. 

I don't like TPP because I thinks its cheap to peak around cover without exposing yourself. Makes it more intense.

10 minutes ago, riktor skale said:

So I tried some FPP and it’s not that great. Not very realistic, turning ect is too slow and feels like I have “tunnel vision”. 

I guess TPP isn’t realistic either but I like looking at my char in games, I don’t feel the need to want to be the character itself. 

I dunno,  not my thing. 

TPP gives you the ability to be able to peak from cover. FPP does not. Many advantages to playing TPP vs FPP which is why in FPP the camera is locked. If you choose to play FPP in a TPP lobby your putting yourself at a disadvantage so no need to lock it in for TPP

That’s nice. I hope it doesn’t take away resources from having non friendly fire servers. This is something that’s truly needed.