Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I think since this latest patch having spawn  island is a waste of game resource. They can remove it and the game might render faster.

Yeah, there's nothing there & no reason to keep it in.

I know this because I took a boat trip back to the island.... what a waste of time xD

12 minutes ago, SasoriSekinetsu said:

I know this because I took a boat trip back to the island.... what a waste of time xD

Haha I did this once during a game. I did find some loot over there but it wasn't particularly good. If they made it a cornucopia of ARs, sniper rifles and accessories that'd be cool.

28 minutes ago, SasoriSekinetsu said:

That is entirely untrue, loot 100% spawns there and I think it is very creative to have it in the actual map, it is a very small area and will not help render any faster

15 minutes ago, ashm2811 said:

Haha I did this once during a game. I did find some loot over there but it wasn't particularly good. If they made it a cornucopia of ARs, sniper rifles and accessories that'd be cool.

That would be retarded it would be entirely unfair if it was packed full of loot, I have gone there and it seems to have the same spawn rates as anywhere else, if it was packed everyone would go their and probably lag the game asa well as kill off a ton of ppl early.

7 minutes ago, NamelessNinja said:

That is entirely untrue, loot 100% spawns there and I think it is very creative to have it in the actual map, it is a very small area and will not help render any faster

Ok, let me re-phrase that, there's nothing of value there, there's no point in travelling there, there's no point in starting there, there is no point in rendering it in when it adds absolutely no value anymore to the game.

4 minutes ago, SasoriSekinetsu said:

Ok, let me re-phrase that, there's nothing of value there, there's no point in travelling there, there's no point in starting there, there is no point in rendering it in when it adds absolutely no value anymore to the game.

It is just as much value as any other average spawn area, you can find gas, umps, shotguns, crossbows,pistols, backpacks, etc I believe its cool to have the spawn area on the map and it is somewhere you can go if you want a small safe start

16 minutes ago, NamelessNinja said:

That would be retarded it would be entirely unfair if it was packed full of loot, I have gone there and it seems to have the same spawn rates as anywhere else, if it was packed everyone would go their and probably lag the game asa well as kill off a ton of ppl early.

Not many will waste the 2 3 min boat ride to that island. It can be removed and after a month forgotten. Less for the game to load equals faster loads and rendering.

7 minutes ago, NamelessNinja said:

The map already contains areas which have higher probability of better guns and Lvl2/3 armour spawns - Military Base, School, Pochinki, Georgopol, Novorepnoye. Only difference is you don't have to take a boat to these places. There is extra effort, time and distance involved in going to Spawn Island, so I figure they should make it an area of high quality loot. Likelihood is you're going to be far away from the game area as well so there needs to be some sort of reason or incentive to go there, otherwise it's pointless, as the OP said. If it was a good loot area, gives you a reason to go there.

I believe it having average loot and needing effort to go there makes it a low traffic area and therefore a safe place which is enough incentive to go there, it's a small but safe start

8 minutes ago, Pvt Partts227 said:

Not many will waste the 2 3 min boat ride to that island. It can be removed and after a month forgotten. Less for the game to load equals faster loads and rendering.

Your opinion, its not a 2-3 min boat ride, I know its no more then 45secs there and 45secs back giving you an easy safe start with Atlanta couple guns, pistol, backpack and likely a helm and vest  last time I got an ump, trench gun, couple attachments, level 2 helm/backpack and lvl1 vest, etc...

3 minutes ago, NamelessNinja said:

Your opinion, its not a 2-3 min boat ride, I know its no more then 45secs there and 45secs back giving you an easy safe start with Atlanta couple guns, pistol, backpack and likely a helm and vest  last time I got an ump, trench gun, couple attachments, level 2 helm/backpack and lvl1 vest, etc...

I've done it my self you have five minutes once you land to get there by boat at a top speed of 88 90kph. Took a minute to get there then a few minutes to loot. Didn't find anything good or noteworthy just level 1 stuff. By the time I was done was basically dead by the circle and I loot fast. In a town I can search 5 houses in 2mins. The island wouldn't be missed intact it's an eye sore seeing it render out in the ocean when it has no need to be there.

I have timed it... it's an average spawn area just the same as anywhere else... so there is no reason to remove it, you might as well say remove all blank fields on the map because they don't offer m4s... its another option to go, and it adds realism.... 

I think it would be cool to have an underground tunnel that goes from somewhere near stalber to spawn island. This tunnel would be closed during the lobby, but open once the match starts. This would make the island a bit more accessible and is the same as a bridge except inverted. The tunnel would connect to that underground bunker on spawn island that the door is closed. A car couldn't fit through it so you'd have to get out on foot. 
If the circle ever landed on this island, it would make for one hell of a match!
Also, I don't think these places cost much in term of system resources. A very low res 2d version of everything is loaded for parachuting, and it becomes incrementally higher res in your FOV as you fall, until your parachute opens and you begin to render a certain radius around your player. 

4 hours ago, SasoriSekinetsu said:

Haha same, I thought I’d get full lvl 3 gear plus weapons... came away with a shotgun and 5 shells... 🤨 and died on the way to the circle due to no first aid/bandages... never again 😂

Back to the topic at hand..... following the latest patch I have to agree the spawning locations are a little redundant now. 

Most of the times when I arrive at the spawn location there is a maximum of 10-15 seconds before you are in the plane.

I would think a little 'holding screen' would suffice until the 100 players have loaded and can be put on the plane.

K.

6 hours ago, Keano1981 said:

Back to the topic at hand..... following the latest patch I have to agree the spawning locations are a little redundant now. 

Most of the times when I arrive at the spawn location there is a maximum of 10-15 seconds before you are in the plane.

I would think a little 'holding screen' would suffice until the 100 players have loaded and can be put on the plane.

K.

That's a good idea.