Keano1981

[DISCUSSION] The return of the Car META in single player games.

As a starter, I haven't managed to get anywhere near the Top 10 in single player games for quite some time.

However, last night luck must have been on my side as I saw only 8 players left and approaching the (last but two) circle.

Had a quick count up.... 6 people driving round the perimeter of the circle in a variety of vehicles.

Has anyone else noticed this lately? Or have I just been unfortunate?

K.

PS. I did get run over moving into the next circle.

I have found it happens way less often now but there are definitely random games where many people will still drive around until the end.

I personally prefer it if lots of the remaining people just drive around in cars - I can hear exactly where they are, find a nice rock or tree to circle around if any of them try to run me over and if they drive at you on a poor line you just spray at the car at head height for an easy kill.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Keano1981 said:

As a starter, I haven't managed to get anywhere near the Top 10 in single player games for quite some time.

However, last night luck must have been on my side as I saw only 8 players left and approaching the (last but two) circle.

Had a quick count up.... 6 people driving round the perimeter of the circle in a variety of vehicles.

K.

Las few days yes. Was surprised to see 4 cars in the top 10. Ah well lol its all fair  

• Thanks 2

I like to keep a DP28 with a red dot on hand for end games such as this one. 

• Like 4

well seen as cars currently still take a lot of damage from weapons and do not kill in one hit I cannot see a real benefit of attempting the "car meta" - but each to their own.

• Like 2

A silenced AK and a whole heap of grenades makes short work of vehicles in the last few circles.  I play both FPP and TPP and don't have much trouble with them in either mode, but there are definitely less in FPP due to the fact that you throw up if you are travelling more than 5 MPH

If you guys are seeing a lot of cars I’m curious what your Rating is. 

Since the new MMR I rarely see cars at the end of games. 

Im no where near a “top” player but my rank is pretty respectable. 

When i play duos with a friend who just got the game last week I feel like I see a lot more of the car meta. His ranking is garbage and the competition definitely feels lower when playing with him.

car meta is pretty popular if you’re new and no one seems to be able to shoot you. 

yep... got to 11th place 2 days ago and i counted 5 cars driving round and in and out of the blue in the second last circle.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, alibx11 said:

yep... got to 11th place 2 days ago and i counted 5 cars driving round and in and out of the blue in the second last circle.

I have seen cars used in the final circles maybe 1 out of every 10-15 games. Solo FPP. Unless there is literally NO cover near the end, the cars end up getting trashed pretty quickly. The only thing you have to worry about is getting sniped while destroying the car.

tip: stop aiming at the dude inside, very hard to hit for me. Go for the tires instead. 3 times the size of a head, if you miss you still damage the car, and if you connect, you slow him WAY down for the easy kill.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Keano1981 said:

K.

Its allways going to be a problem I'm afraid.....too many people killing those who get spotted by the drivers, then instead of killing the car peeps, they kill the guy running away from the cars.

Unless your behind a hill and can't be seen by the other players, if you get spotted by a car, pull the pin on a grenade and end the game on your own terms. =/

• Haha 1

I just get a gun and drive around looking for people get out kill them and on to the next one until like top 20

11 hours ago, Keano1981 said:

K.

No but I can vouch against it and say i unloaded a extended ak 40 shots into a vehicle and blew it up in one clip. You just have to shoot them full auto and not be being barreled down on by a vehicle your best bet is to get the jump pin vehicle drivers when they just enter their vehicle.

I can see it come back up a bit for a couple reasons. Many people, including me, have mentioned hit detection seemingly feeling worse this patch, that will lead more to use cars to get further. Secondly the motorcycles in this patch are downright dangerous. I've been killed twice riding them because of their desire for blood. They flip on a whim and explode, throwing you off and that does like 80% damage. So less using cycles to get into position and more using cars and then just staying in them. Worse hit detection means cars don't go up as quickly either.  ;-)

I would hardly call it a "meta" again at this point but it will wax and wane with how the game balance and performance is.

Car meta? Yeah right they blow up So quick now and the other day I hit a guy dead on going 80 and he just bounced off and yes I jumped out to gun him but I died lol

The car meta has returned because people have stopped shooting at them when patch was first released everybody was shooting at them because they had the impression they blow up from 10 bullets now they know it takes a bit more than that so they've stopped personally i don't care if people use cars in final circle it makes it feel less tense because i know people are watching the cars

Please go play a different game or get better at shooting. It's part of the game. Adapt and overcome. I have not seen this happen since the first month of release and I play alot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LaurelMan said:

Please go play a different game or get better at shooting. It's part of the game. Adapt and overcome. I have not seen this happen since the first month of release and I play alot.

Agree won't be surprised if they nerf cars even more after this post

• Like 1

Just now, axed said:

Agree won't be surprised if they nerf cars even more after this post

Right! 

The current status of the cars is perfect. You can get shot and not instant blow up. You can get to safety get out and fight.

A noob in a car got me a dinner once, 2 bad guys left, he tried running a guy over got killed but the buggy carried on and killed him anyway. Easiest win

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, LaurelMan said:

It is not difficult to shoot the cars, but in the final few circles if someone shoots at the cars, you can almost guarantee that the other people will shoot at the person on foot (now they have in all likelihood given their position away).

K.