Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Northdistortion

PUBG Xbox roadmap to be released later today finally! HYPE

It seems like the guys at Xbox are literally dragging the PUBG dev team to work on the console version.

Bonus points for mention of another 7.62 AR, still need the Benelli M4 Shotgun though.

15 minutes ago, SneaK X1 said:

It seems like the guys at Xbox are literally dragging the PUBG dev team to work on the console version.

Bonus points for mention of another 7.62 AR, still need the Benelli M4 Shotgun though.

I wouldn't say that producing 9 updates in 3 months is slacking?

I think Xbox has dedicated it's own developer to help smooth the transition from "test patch" to "released to everyone patch".  Xbox has definitely invested in this game (maybe not financially) by creating a bundle with it, so I am sure they want the process of their Preview to go as smoothly as possible.  This game doing well related to the Xbox bundle doing well, so it makes sense to have someone who can help reduce delays involved.

4 minutes ago, Vibranthippo said:

I wouldn't say that producing 9 updates in 3 months is slacking?

I think Xbox has dedicated it's own developer to help smooth the transition from "test patch" to "released to everyone patch".  Xbox has definitely invested in this game (maybe not financially) by creating a bundle with it, so I am sure they want the process of their Preview to go as smoothly as possible.  This game doing well related to the Xbox bundle doing well, so it makes sense to have someone who can help reduce delays involved.

I didn’t say they were slacking. Moreso that it just isn’t something they really want to do. I’m sure BG was excited to roll out that roadmap for PC, meanwhile they have someone from Xbox telling them they have to do the same for Xbox.

Which I should add, it’s understandable. PC gets all the new stuff, we get “updates” that bring us closer to their version. Just how it is.

10 minutes ago, SneaK X1 said:

I didn’t say they were slacking. Moreso that it just isn’t something they really want to do. I’m sure BG was excited to roll out that roadmap for PC, meanwhile they have someone from Xbox telling them they have to do the same for Xbox.

Which I should add, it’s understandable. PC gets all the new stuff, we get “updates” that bring us closer to their version. Just how it is.

I definitely agree that PC is going to get the most attention, especially since it a 1.0 release now, the expectations are higher and it is setting a precedent for what the Xbox will strive to get to.  I am assuming that PC will have capacity over a limited Xbox to produce an overall better product in the end, but maybe I am not correct.

I think Xbox and then PS4 (eventually) is a pretty big market so I can't imagine why they wouldn't want to do it.  I may be wrong but I don't think the PC roadmap was released until like December or later so like 8 months after the start of their preview.  So a roadmap being done 3 months after Xbox launch isn't bad to me.  Also, Roadmap was mentioned by BH developer Poopykitty or whatever he name is like a month ago, not sure how long this Nico guy from Xbox has been involved but I've only seen his name the last 2 weeks or so.

1 minute ago, Vibranthippo said:

I definitely agree that PC is going to get the most attention, especially since it a 1.0 release now, the expectations are higher and it is setting a precedent for what the Xbox will strive to get to.  I am assuming that PC will have capacity over a limited Xbox to produce an overall better product in the end, but maybe I am not correct.

I think Xbox and then PS4 (eventually) is a pretty big market so I can't imagine why they wouldn't want to do it.  I may be wrong but I don't think the PC roadmap was released until like December or later so like 8 months after the start of their preview.  So a roadmap being done 3 months after Xbox launch isn't bad to me.  Also, Roadmap was mentioned by BH developer Poopykitty or whatever he name is like a month ago, not sure how long this Nico guy from Xbox has been involved but I've only seen his name the last 2 weeks or so.

The PC roadmap post 1.0 was just released today. PC had an early access roadmap way back where they were getting a ton of updates and new weapons, weather, etc. again though, we can’t expect that since we’re pacing well behind of an already released game. Also, BH (now PUBG Corp) had to dial back their commitments from the pseudo early access roadmap cause they weren’t hitting all the milestones. 

Anyway, yea, we aren’t receiving bad news by any means, but it feels like a somber tone nonetheless on the console front. For me that’s expected I guess since we really aren’t getting any “new” stuff. 

Would be be nice to get a timeframe for things like say, Miramar, or possible weather effects, though. That should be an exciting announcement.

I just like the mention of rain sounds ?  That means the weather variations haven't been scrapped. No matter how good a game is, it's continued support for content. .. decides success or not. 

2 hours ago, SneaK X1 said:

still need the Benelli M4 Shotgun though.

I would love to see the SPAZ as well.

As for the roadmap. Xbox hype... Yay... ?

J/K. ?

I'm genuinely excited for it! I just don't know what they could add that we don't already know about from the PC version... It's the mystery of that very thing that's got my attention.

PST is all that matters, need those extra 3 hours to type it up.  ;-)

16 hours ago, Galactic Geek said:

I would love to see the SPAZ as well.

M1014 man, could take Bullet Loops, Holo/RD, Choke, and a Tac Stock. Would be like a 5 shot double barrel.