Posted (edited)

I am excited 

So what is on everybody's mind? Personally I want to know what weapon that is !  An I like the emotes coming and hope the new buildings help out tremendously with load ins along with the 2 new 4x4 km map and 8x8 km map how big is our current one? 

Edited by XboxoneXPlayer09

Is any of this relevant to Xbox or is it all PC talk? 

• Like 2

Pretty sure all that was specifically for the PC version??  It wasn't very clear on that point, but Nico said the Xbox roadmap would be out later today and that was after the roadmap referenced above was posted??

• Like 1

Just now, Jase said:

Xbox Roadmap out later today.... 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, XmasTeaTowel said:

Xbox Roadmap out later today.... 

6 minutes ago, c5ride said:

Pretty sure all that was specifically for the PC version??  It wasn't very clear on that point, but Nico said the Xbox roadmap would be out later today and that was after the roadmap referenced above was posted??

I believe it is I do not think it's going to differ that much 

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, XboxoneXPlayer09 said:

Oh ok sweet what do you think the hinted weapon is?

Pretty sure it's a ParaFAL variant. 

Edited by Neolink

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, XboxoneXPlayer09 said:

I am excited 

So what is on everybody's mind? Personally I want to know what weapon that is !  An I like the emotes coming and hope the new buildings help out tremendously with load ins along with the 2 new 4x4 km map and 8x8 km map how big is our current one? 

Pretty sure its an fn fal..oops..sorry

Edited by gingerSnapp
Double answer
  • Like 1

No xbox roadmap posted yet this seems PC specific... We'll be lucky to get a map that was released 4 months ago

Posted (edited)

No, not emotes and weapon skins! Anything but that! 😨

The former is useless, only promotes bad sportsmanship, and takes up space on the controller; the latter while fine in of itself, usually tends to go towards unrealistic or silly designs, like pizza guns or guns showcasing esports teams... Camouflage or solid colors only please, like IRL.

Edited by Galactic Geek
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jase said:

The game was ported from PC to Xbox, everything that happens on PC will eventually come to Xbox.

So the roadmap discusses changes that will be coming to PC in 2018, but yes it's entirely relevant to Xbox as eventually all those features would likely be coming to Xbox (unless something bombs terribly)

50 minutes ago, Jase said:

....The Xbox version of PUBG is simply a port of the PC version of the game. All of the content we receive is content previously released on PC. Knowing that, how would future PC content in any situation be irrelevant to the Xbox version of the game?

7 minutes ago, Galactic Geek said:

The former is useless, only promotes bad sportsmanship, and takes up space on the controller; the latter while fine in of itself, usually tends to go towards unrealistic or silly designs, like pizza guns or guns showcasing esports teams... Camouflage or solid colors only please, like IRL.

I seem to recall Brendan Greene saying that he wanted PUBG to stay relatively grounded and never stray toward the wacky OTT style of other games (H1Z1 and Fortnite presumably)

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Galactic Geek said:

Uhhhhh you can make you gun look however you want irl..... either by keracoting it or hydrodipping 

Edited by PotatoBot

1 minute ago, Vince DiCola said:

I seem to recall Brendan Greene saying that he wanted PUBG to stay relatively grounded and never stray toward the wacky OTT style of other games (H1Z1 and Fortnite presumably)

Nothing screams relatively grounded like emotes

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Fortnite is anything but grounded... I do NOT want them to go in that direction. Emotes are okay, as long as they're useful - salutes, waves, actual military hand signals, etc. I don't want to see any dancing, teabagging, or other ridiculous nonsense.

Edited by Galactic Geek

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, PotatoBot said:

Uhhhhh you can make you gun look however you want irl..... either by keracoting it or hydrodipping 

I figured someone might say something along those lines, after all, you can customize just about everything these days. I've also never heard of those applications. However, just because you can have options, doesn't always mean that you should. For this game, I want practical usage.

Edited by Galactic Geek

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Galactic Geek said:

Fortnite is anything but grounded... I do NOT want them to go in that direction. Emotes are okay, as long as they're useful - salutes, waves, actual military hand signals, etc. I don't want to see any dancing, teabagging, or other ridiculous nonsense.

as far as emotes go people in the military are immature as hell they would totally teabag someone if they had the chance you should see half the pics my friends post that are in the military, re

Edited by PotatoBot

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, PotatoBot said:

You tagged my other post but didn’t write anything but as far as emotes go people in the military are immature as hell they would totally teabag someone if they had the chance you should see half the pics my friends post that are in the military  

I'm using the Microsoft Edge app on my Xbox, and it's buggy right now. I'll start a post, and then it automatically posts, so I have to edit them. As for immature soldiers, they're the ones that don't get awarded medals. While I respect our armed services, there's no denying that many of them are people who have had few choices or bad paths in life.

Edited by Galactic Geek
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mace007 said:

Nothing screams relatively grounded like emotes

We haven't seen all the emotes and besides, emotes are hardly foam cowboy hats or unicorn pick axes are they?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, gingerSnapp said:

Pretty sure its an fn fal..oops..sorry

Good eye. Could also be a IMBEL IA2 if they are trying to be cheeky but the IMBEL IA2 is basically a copy of the FN Fal either way.

My first thought was the G3 but the selector switch and mag release seemed off.

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Vince DiCola said:

We haven't seen all the emotes

Speaking of this, could someone screencap the emote-radial menu they show, and share it here, so that we can see at a glance what they do already have?

Edited by Galactic Geek
  • Like 1

Hang on a minute.. Whats all the talk of this roadmap?? When do we get the desert map?