They’ve since updated their stance on that, it’s something they are looking into and have identified what would need done but it’s a low priority right now. 

XboxNico posted about on Reddit the other day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Neolink said:

They’ve since updated their stance on that, it’s something they are looking into and have identified what would need done but it’s a low priority right now. 

XboxNico posted about on Reddit the other day. 

They better add a Mute button then so we can turn that crap off. Hearing all the music people play and kids screaming in the background all game. Ughhh

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Taurine said:

They better add a Mute button then so we can turn that crap off. Hearing all the music people play and kids screaming in the background all game. Ughhh

They mentioned that. 

Posted (edited)

Even if it does show up I will snap turn it off like I did on PC. No thanks.  If I want to squad up I will find people and group up on XBL and use that chat.

Edited by Cowtown

7 minutes ago, @Thinnamenthwirl said:

Being able to communicate with your enemies is more satisfying than you think.

Why would i wanna talk to them their dead

• Like 1

I would love proximity chat just so I can try and talk myself out of being killed. You want my gun? Take it. You want me to take my clothes off? I'll take them off slow for you. Just please don't take my life, I've got 2 kids and car payments for my 1999 UAZ.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Snowy Ghost said:

Why would i wanna talk to them their dead

Trolling is pretty much it. Adds nothing unless ur craving some sweet grade 9 insults 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Paneross said:

boom.

Boom nothing. Give me five and I’ll provide a link to Nicos reddit post that post-dates when the FAQ was updated. 

And all anyone has to do to see why prox chat is great is YouTube funny PUBG prox chat. I loved it on PC. As long as those that don’t want it can toggle it off, who cares?

Edited by Neolink

4 hours ago, Crimson Relic said:

So will there really never be proximity chat on console?

Do you know how to use the search function on this forum? Hell even on Google? 

You type what you are looking for and hit enter. 

• RIP 1

Posted (edited)

Let me provide a bit of clarity around this. Most of what is driving the priority around this feature is centered around the onscreen UI elements informing you of "who is speaking", and providing an elegant way of muting those you do not want to hear (be it globally or individually). Those elements are not currently functional and are part of the "backlog".

As a team we are focused on improving the global quality of the UI experience, and as such there are lots of areas that could see (and need) improvement before we move to items like Proximity Chat. 

————————————-

Boom (I had my back to the explosion)(sorry it took more than five min, had to feed my cats)

Edit: @LaurelMan haha salt RIP box. What do you expect when you repeat the same line people have been using since Google came out? It’s a forum, a place for discussion, and obviously based on the comments in this thread there is a lot of speculation based on dated comments. Did you Google “PUBG Xbox Proximity Chat”? Because I did and he would have had to sift through pages of outdated info to find Nicos post from 6 days ago and even then he may not have found it. 

Edited by Neolink
  • Like 1
  • RIP 1

12 minutes ago, Neolink said:
Edit: @LaurelMan haha salt RIP box. What do you expect when you repeat the same line people have been using since Google came out? It’s a forum, a place for discussion, and obviously based on the comments in this thread there is a lot of speculation based on dated comments. Did you Google “PUBG Xbox Proximity Chat”? Because I did and he would have had to sift through pages of outdated info to find Nicos post from 6 days ago and even then he may not have found it. 

The reason I said that(also you missed the first half of it) is because this forum has no moderation, no sticky threads.

If he/she had searched in the forum or even Google he/she could have done alittle of work and found the information for themselves without making a new thread by adding to the 219 pages of threads. So many repetitive threads that has the same information. 

You have a RIP on a post that I was asking them if they know how to use search so maybe next time they will try that before making a new thread. So I gave you a RIP in return.

4 hours ago, Paneross said:

boom.

That post is so old! They’ve definitely changed their stance on this recently..

5 hours ago, Kohzeya said:

That post is so old! They’ve definitely changed their stance on this recently..

this post is 2 months ago bwhahaha! Didn't see it in the Xbox Road map either bwhahaa.

• RIP 1

6 hours ago, @Thinnamenthwirl said:

LOL boom? No sir it says right now they're focusing on other things and they may revisit it in the future. It does not say what you posted earlier.

If it was coming then they would say they are working on it.

• RIP 1

Can't have prox chat until there is a functional and efficient reporting system.

However, even then, I'm not sure it's going to happen.  Xbox community is a lot more likely to 1.) use prox chat in the wrong way and 2.) use the report feature in the wrong way.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GoodFella GotEm said:

I would love proximity chat just so I can try and talk myself out of being killed. You want my gun? Take it. You want me to take my clothes off? I'll take them off slow for you. Just please don't take my life, I've got 2 kids and car payments for my 1999 UAZ.

I was drinking my coffee when I read this, I should know better, will vote this most entertaining answer!!

• Haha 1