Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dayman

Update?

Not sure if he is referring to last week or this week but there doesn't seem to be a patch this week. Last Post by Moderator

I am pretty sure he is talking about last week, so i am in the same boat as you on this one.

We'll see though, i remain skeptical. May 18th is supposed to be the next "Monthly Patch" afaik, i personally don't see them pushing two separate patches in just two or three days. "Early next week" would be either today or Tuesday, in my optic. :) Unless of course they choose to delay the monthly patch as well.

27 minutes ago, Flavio_Balderdash said:

They did 2 separate patches during the monthly last time....

No they didn't. :) If you can prove me wrong, please do. Since i refuse to play the game in it's current state, patches are pretty much all i look forward to. On May the 18th, it will be exactly 3 weeks, since we last had a scheduled patch (with actual patch-notes). 

Last traceable patch would be April 27: This patch went pretty smooth, there wasn't any emergency tweets afterwards and i didn't notice many crash reports on the forum, if any at all.

Then scrolling through twitter, the patch before that one would be on April 20th:

This patch came with issues such as:

Which eventually led to the servers requiring a small update (Does not count as a scheduled patch).

Then on April 13th we got the patch which led to some players characters changing hairstyle/color and a good portion of the player base had connection issues:

Now, this next patch is the one i based my first reply in this thread on. This is the patch that got rolled back and we were told to expect an update early next week, which never happened. We did however receive a small update with some sound hotfixes on April 11th, but what happened to the rest of the content of that patch?

Here's a more detailed event list of the April 6th patch on twitter:

Weekend passes and on the following Tuesday this is tweeted:

So, because of what happened with the patch on April 6th, that is why i am being skeptical about 2 separate patches this week, it simply just vanished last time.

So...

Pretty much exactly as expected. Last week's micro-patch got moved and released today. Next monthly patch will be on May 25th.
- So technically no patch this week. 

Furthermore, it's gonna be another 2 weeks before we get functioning leaderboards back. :S

On 5/16/2017 at 7:57 PM, AintrealTV said:

So...

Pretty much exactly as expected. Last week's micro-patch got moved and released today. Next monthly patch will be on May 25th.
- So technically no patch this week. 

Furthermore, it's gonna be another 2 weeks before we get functioning leaderboards back. :S

From what you've posted, this only tells me that they're desperately trying to maintain the weekly patches but, as with any game in development, there are road-bumps. There are a lot of unanticipated hiccups for a game that exploded in popularity. Perhaps a little patience is in order to see how they handle the coming few patches?

6 hours ago, Brotherwood said:

From what you've posted, this only tells me that they're desperately trying to maintain the weekly patches but, as with any game in development, there are road-bumps. There are a lot of unanticipated hiccups for a game that exploded in popularity. Perhaps a little patience is in order to see how they handle the coming few patches?

WHAT?!   You want people to be reasonable?!  I dare say, good sir, you are asking too much!  A mere 1 and a half months of EA development should have this game shining like the newest carriage after it's daily scrub from the peasants.  We are, after all, only asking the developers to work 24/7, neglect their families, not eat, sleep, or use the out house for fear of wasting OUR precious seconds on their 'personal lives'.

To be clear, the above is how I feel a lot of the people are acting lol.  Not everyone, as there's plenty of good constructive criticism on the forums.  But a loooooot of people sound like that. xD  

7 hours ago, Brotherwood said:

Exactly. I wanted to shed some light on how their overly optimistic "Shoot your own foot" patch schedule has been going so far. They released an extremely generous schedule and now they can't keep up with it. Doesn't come as a surprise to me, it was a great sales pitch though.

About being patient. Absolutely! I love the game and i agree there's a good development team behind it. However, i'm also a skeptical person by nature and i like to keep shit real, so when someone claims that everything is perfect and not a single patch has gone missing etc, i don't mind going out of my way to prove that it's simply not true and that he's being delusional. :)

never cease to amaze me how little people seem to pay attention. 

we had last weeks update pushed back to this week, originally, the monthly was to be this week, and they originally planned to keep it this week, then they pushed the monthly to next week. 

all of this is fine. its way better for us to have delayed patches than ones that are pushed out knowing there are game breaking errors in them, it means a missed patch here and there, but that is far better than the alternative. 

As did I, possibly just a quick fix or something if it was something important we'd of been told via twitter, here etc..

24 minutes ago, Toastyuterus said:

never cease to amaze me how little people seem to pay attention.

It's more about frequently delaying patches, when they set this extremely generous time frame before Full Release.

33% of the time has already passed and there's still so so much to be implemented aside from optimization. Bullet penetration, bullet drag, vaulting, functioning first person gameplay, ELO system and leaderboards that actually work. List goes on.

When you're competing against other games of the same genre that failed to leave Early Access, and has been in said state for something that's starting to look like half a decade, it's going to look real bad when you announce that your game too, will be staying in EA "just" a little longer.

Aaand another one. :D

2nd monthly patch was postponed a week and now it just got postponed another half week due to some client crash issues. I think it's pretty safe to assume this means there won't be a weekly patch next week, just this monthly one.

Now, test servers open up roughly 1 day before the patch is supposed to launch. Clearly it's not enough time to resolve the issues people have on the test servers, so they have to delay the patch - that's fair. But why is it that your immediate response is to postpone till early next week every time this happens, when it's only thursday? Do people not work on fridays in Korea? Help me understand, cause this to me seems like extremely poor execution. It's almost as if you can't comprehend just how much people are looking forward to dig into these changes during their long anticipated weekend, and how much it hurts your publicity delaying patches week after week like this.

- At least try to fix the issues, before throwing in the towel and head on out for weekend, on a thursday!

30 minutes ago, AintrealTV said:

Aaand another one. :D

2nd monthly patch was postponed a week and now it just got postponed another half week due to some client crash issues. I think it's pretty safe to assume this means there won't be a weekly patch next week, just this monthly one.

Now, test servers open up roughly 1 day before the patch is supposed to launch. Clearly it's not enough time to resolve the issues people have on the test servers, so they have to delay the patch - that's fair. But why is it that your immediate response is to postpone till early next week every time this happens, when it's only thursday? Do people not work on fridays in Korea? Help me understand, cause this to me seems like extremely poor execution. It's almost as if you can't comprehend just how much people are looking forward to dig into these changes during their long anticipated weekend, and how much it hurts your publicity delaying patches week after week like this.

- At least try to fix the issues, before throwing in the towel and head on out for weekend, on a thursday!

Agree , why not try and fix the issue and push the patch for Saturday atleast:( , don't know how big the issue might be but I even left my PC on to update today , a bit disappointing! 

a week holiday for devs just a month after early access release, an "empty" weekly patch last week, failed monthly patch this week, probably no weekly patch next week. come on early access or not try to be professional.

The promise, this game gonna be stable release in autumn is a nice dream with such mentality.

1 minute ago, pulsiV said:

Agree , why not try and fix the issue and push the patch for Saturday atleast:( , don't know how big the issue might be but I even left my PC on to update today , a bit disappointing! 

Well i don't know Blueholes work schedule, but i believe anyone should be entitled to having weekends off to relax. But this tweet makes it sound like there's no more time this week to try and fix the issues, hence why they have to come back to us with an ETA early next week. O.o - It's still only thursday over there...

6 minutes ago, bendr said:

The promise, this game gonna be stable release in autumn is a nice dream with such mentality.

I completely agree, and have been saying this as well for a while. There is no way whatsoever that they'll fully release the game within the next 4 months. Just no.
- However, this is one of those rare occasions where i can't wait to be proven wrong. rofl. 

People who are upset about it have lost control of their lives. A tiring is not a promise and it is communicated so openly that one can not get upset. If it does not suit you then make a refund and wait until the full release, just ridiculous.

12 minutes ago, Büffel said:

People who are upset about it have lost control of their lives. A tiring is not a promise and it is communicated so openly that one can not get upset. If it does not suit you then make a refund and wait until the full release, just ridiculous.

One could argue that if you never look forward to anything in life and then feel disappointed when things go south, you lack passion. Sad.

And no. It's too late for the majority of us to request a refund by now.

I'm glad this patch got delayed , if any of you played on the test server you would have felt how fucking garbage it was - lag and major desync on the test server proved that something was wrong with one of their new additions , the supposed "aiming fix" could never really be felt if it was working or not because the servers were so shotty , and I never even found a motor bike :/ found a vss in a crate and me and my buddy BOTH got shot through a wall and a shed by some random laggy Asian deuche bag (there's only US server for the test branch) . 

Oh bluehole please fix this ingredious error and never present us such a piece of garbage ever again! I was so excited for this patch the other day and I hopped on the test branch only to find that piece of ass waiting to kill me through walls , my friend didn't believe it and got the ghost bullet hands through the shed of demise . 

This PUBG patch has made me want to try out dayz's newest patch , that's how bad it was !

1 hour ago, Büffel said:

Tried to get a refund, didn't get one. They said it can't be refunded since i have too many hours in the game + the game is on EA. 

Devs, please go and take a well deserved week off from the office again! Maybe announce a new charity event? 

Also, this upcoming monthly patch has been delayed twice. Now they are saying it's gonna be next week. It's still thursday here, so are they not working at weekends?

edit* okay i think i'm taking all that^ back, patch is coming live TODAY!