Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ad_roll

Players team killing for loot

I get killed at least once a day from these players. I feel that this could easily be resolved by. If you shoot a team mate and don’t revive them the player that put you down they should be kicked and you should self revive. What do you think 

dont play random squad and you wont get team killed.  There is a punishment for killing team mates currently, you lose BP in the match.  Eventually there will be a tattle system where you can report players.

Losing BP does not serve as punishment for anybody, it won't prevent those TKs to do this. Many players opened this kind of topic recently and there were some good proposals for real solution. I guess the developers wont support a solution where the killed team mate could be revived, but hopefully they'll support a strong solution against the TKs. E.g. if you cause damage to your own team-mate, you should suffer the same level of damage. So if it is an accident and you shoot a team mate once, it will not cause major impact for you as it was one shoot, but if you put down your team mate completely (and intentionally), you'll die as well. This should discourage people from TK.

1 minute ago, AmazingKamper said:

Losing BP does not serve as punishment for anybody, it won't prevent those TKs to do this. Many players opened this kind of topic recently and there were some good proposals for real solution. I guess the developers wont support a solution where the killed team mate could be revived, but hopefully they'll support a strong solution against the TKs. E.g. if you cause damage to your own team-mate, you should suffer the same level of damage. So if it is an accident and you shoot a team mate once, it will not cause major impact for you as it was one shoot, but if you put down your team mate completely (and intentionally), you'll die as well. This should discourage people from TK.

I think reporting players system thats automated would be more effective.  Some people want to watch the world burn so they dont care if they die too.  

An automated reporting system that tracks negative reports like on PC.  3 strikes and you get time limited ban.  keep doing it and permabanned.

1 minute ago, Balloonknot said:

I think reporting players system thats automated would be more effective.  Some people want to watch the world burn so they dont care if they die too.  

An automated reporting system that tracks negative reports like on PC.  3 strikes and you get time limited ban.  keep doing it and permabanned.

That could help as well. But also consider that they might re-register under new tag, which would mean that they continue to play without issue. 

I don't think somebody would start a game and strive to kill team mate just to die immediately, that should not be fun for anybody really, so I still believe the solution I quoted could work better (in my opinion).

On xbox, they are gonna need a new subscription to play if they re-register with a new gamer tag.  The cost of being a total dick, make them buy the game again and/or pay for subscription services when they use a new gamertag.

2 minutes ago, Balloonknot said:

On xbox, they are gonna need a new subscription to play if they re-register with a new gamer tag.  The cost of being a total dick, make them buy the game again and/or pay for subscription services when they use a new gamertag.

That's true and it would certainly prevent several TKs to do it, who cannot afford to pay the cost of re-registering. But I am afraid there are many wealthy idiots that would not worry about that cost, because they could afford it and just continue the 'fun'

Ye just a suggestion just thought doing it like that it would completely  stop people from team killing for loot. As they would have to revive or be kicked and wouldn’t need some auto system that could be abused 

Or team mates cannot kill a downed player. But then they could just wait for the bleed out  

It's an easy fix really. They should give the guy that his shooting his teammates, equal damage. If he takes half your health, he should lose half his health aswell. Does he kill you.. He dies aswell.

4 minutes ago, Hotpnts said:

It's an easy fix really. They should give the guy that his shooting his teammates, equal damage. If he takes half your health, he should lose half his health aswell. Does he kill you.. He dies aswell.

Should be double that way you dont have to die because of him.

9 hours ago, Balloonknot said:

dont play random squad and you wont get team killed.  There is a punishment for killing team mates currently, you lose BP in the match.  Eventually there will be a tattle system where you can report players.

Ugh... every time I read a "don't play with randoms" response to someone talking about team killers, as if that's the ONLY way you can get team killed calls for an Anderson Cooper eye roll.

It's like proving the public school system has failed you or something. O.o

13 hours ago, Balloonknot said:

Lot of people just close this topic by saying "don't play with random squad...etc." - well, it's easy to say that, but not easy to achieve for lot of people. If you are a student, it's certainly easier to play with friends. But in case you have a work which has a somewhat unpredictable schedule, plus you have family, then you might be challenged to find friends available at the times when you are able to play. I personally have to rely on random squad most of the time, simply because most of my friends are not available when I am.

I shouldnt be punished and take damage for accidentally shooting a team mate while I try to save him or he strafes in front of me.  This has happened countless times.  This is why putting a punishment on team damage would not work.  The games fine the way it is.  If your worried about team killers, keep your distance or play solo.  Seriously, I am a victim of team killers myself, countless times.  I find playing random squad is detrimental to winning this game anyway.  Usually the random squad go their separate ways and all die before the first circle appears so there you are, playing solo in a squads game. 

Maybe your friends are not available when you want to play 

maybe you don’t want to play solo

maybe none of the groups looking for players have responded 

doesn’t mean you should be team killed bc you have an m4 with a suppressor 

if you shoot your teammate whatever damage you deal to them, should be dealt to you instantly. Be more careful and don’t spray and pray in a firefight, be aware of your surroundings so you don’t “accidentally” shoot your teammate. 

I was playing squads last night and one teammate got mad bc we got out of the car and he tried killing us. He successfully killed one, took half my health before We stopped him. And we went on to win. Is that fair for the other guy that he couldn’t be a part of that because someone was being a brat? Was that fair to me that I  had to waste a first aid and energy drink? 

No.

so if the same damage was dealt to him when he killed the first teammate, we could have revived the other guy and left the team killer to bleed out and die. 

I started a thread with my solution, but I can't delete it. I figured I should add my suggestion here to keep it all in the same thread. 

I'm new here. I've been playing PUBG for Xbox since it came out in December. I really enjoy playing this game. I have run into the irritating scenario where one of your teammates kills you just to take your loot. I have a solution to discourage this irritating problem. 

If one of your teammates kills you, then no one in your team can access your loot. This would stop people from killing you for your loot, because they wouldn't be able to get the loot anymore. It would have to be that no one on the team can get your loot if one of the teammates kills you, other wise it can be shared with the player that killed you by another teammate. 

Ironically, I told my friend about this idea right before starting a random squad match at his house. Later on in that match, it was me and one other teammate with like 10 people left. Guess what? My so called "teammate" killed me and took my loot. Totally wasted my time and effort. 

I'm not sure how hard this would be for developers to implement, but I think it is worth considering. I also understand there will still be people that play around and kill teammates, but at least it takes away one reason people do.  

I also know people say don't play with randoms, but sometimes that's how it goes. My friends might not be on when I play, and I really like squad mode. 

16 minutes ago, PlayinGames said:

I started a thread with my solution, but I can't delete it. I figured I should add my suggestion here to keep it all in the same thread. 

I'm new here. I've been playing PUBG for Xbox since it came out in December. I really enjoy playing this game. I have run into the irritating scenario where one of your teammates kills you just to take your loot. I have a solution to discourage this irritating problem. 

If one of your teammates kills you, then no one in your team can access your loot. This would stop people from killing you for your loot, because they wouldn't be able to get the loot anymore. It would have to be that no one on the team can get your loot if one of the teammates kills you, other wise it can be shared with the player that killed you by another teammate. 

Ironically, I told my friend about this idea right before starting a random squad match at his house. Later on in that match, it was me and one other teammate with like 10 people left. Guess what? My so called "teammate" killed me and took my loot. Totally wasted my time and effort. 

I'm not sure how hard this would be for developers to implement, but I think it is worth considering. I also understand there will still be people that play around and kill teammates, but at least it takes away one reason people do.  

I also know people say don't play with randoms, but sometimes that's how it goes. My friends might not be on when I play, and I really like squad mode. 

•  

This doesn’t really offer a solution to being teamkilled. People will still kill you for other reasons, like just to be an ass. 

2 hours ago, Jc4412 said:

This doesn’t really offer a solution to being teamkilled. People will still kill you for other reasons, like just to be an ass. 

You’re right, it won’t stop all team kills, but at least it will stop people from killing you and getting your loot. 

I hope the developers can come up with some kind of solution for team kills that works. 

On 13/03/2018 at 1:11 PM, AmazingKamper said:

I've seen this mechanic at work before.......a Cod game perhaps? At any rate it worked like a charm. Totally forgot about it till I read ur post lol. Cheers

2 hours ago, Sgt 12 guage said:

I've seen this mechanic at work before.......a Cod game perhaps? At any rate it worked like a charm. Totally forgot about it till I read ur post lol. Cheers

Thinking way back, counter strike had this in some of the servers.