Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SasoriSekinetsu

AFK Players

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Tempests Avatar said:

The only trouble would be in duo/squads where one player disconnects, currently one person will pick them up in a vehicle whilst the others loot.

 

Yeah, I see your point.

We won a chicken the other day when I crashed in the pre-game lobby and got back in near the end of the plane's flightpath.

My squad jumped early because of a 'B' button map incident. I got back in before the auto-eject and jumped straight away, found decent loot, then the circles all closed on me right up until the final two circles when I was forced to run about 200 metres. It was a really easy win in the end.

 

If it had just kicked me (or all of us) back to the lobby then we wouldn't have even been there to win it.

 

I've also won another chicken, playing duos, when both of us crashed mid-game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

F'ing this! There is always that one jackass who lands with the afk'ers just to get a couple free kills. We get it, you want the world to think you got a big ol swinging dick, as big as you KD.

 

Let the plane drag those afk'ers back to the lobby or something because I'm tired of making myself a bowl of fruity pebbles just to come back to some dude fisting me ✊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RACED said:

I wouldn't force any afk to jump.  The plane can just carry them off and once they get to a certain boundary then its instant death.  If you miss the plane jump for whatever reason then its tough luck.  The game is so unforgiving in many other aspects why not one more for good measure.

 

Hmm, I dunno, again I feel like this could penalise legitimate players. If my pizza delivery arrives when the plane is half way across the map, I don't want another death against my name just because of that. I think there are 2 solutions:

 

1. What the OP said - have players eject over sea. AFKs drown but non-AFKs can't attack them and claim the kills themselves.

2. What another user suggested and just have the plane carry them off the map and out of the game - but this should not count as a death. Just a no-show.

 

Number 2 could potentially result in the situation whereby 99 players are AFK and the one player who drops wins a chicken dinner before the first circle is even announced!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ashm2811 said:

 

Hmm, I dunno, again I feel like this could penalise legitimate players. If my pizza delivery arrives when the plane is half way across the map, I don't want another death against my name just because of that.

If your pizza delivery turns up at any point in the game your in trouble. Just restart another game, it's no big deal at the end of the day. 

 

Whatever system is in place some will always feel it should be done differently.

 

The current system works for me just fine as it is. Players get kills from AFK players. Fair play to em. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sourlemons said:

They wouldn't drown if they parachute down to the water - they'd just bob there until the blue takes them out. So maybe just make it that whoever gets EJECTED from the plane forfeits a parachute.

This is not true.  When the parachute disconnects, the player drops like 5-10 feet and the fall into the water and slowly drown.  It doesnt gently leave them at the surface.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There should be a warning before the plane reaches its final destination, and anyone who doesn't jump before then reaches their final destination and automatically dies inside the plane as it explodes in the air - this way, their stats go down and nobody else's goes up; the Play Zone simply takes credit for the kill. A similar situation should occur if anyone tries to leave the map entirely by going to the edge of it (literally off-map) with a boat or something - land/sea mines FTW!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my game has crashed in the plane about 5 times, restarted the game.. twice I survived, three times I was killed, no big deal..when I survived if there were other players around me I killed them, I figured they had crashed like me and would take me out first. ssd got me in the game quicker and saved my ass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sourlemons said:

You don't need a countdown - you can tell when the plane will boot you based on your geographical position and how close you are to the edges of the map.

 

Sorry, but not really, I understand what you're saying, but I firmly disagree.

 

If you are riding the plane to the end then you aren't planning anything ahead of time - you're jumping with folks who are AFK. Easy kills. Not cool. My two cents, and depending where you live, it ain't worth much :D 

 

Just No. The guy is right. There are places you might want to jump where you line up the wing, and the plane chucks you out before you get to the optimum jump point. It's something that happens and is NOT related to hunting the AFKers. 

 

Like you'd want to time it for the last possible second and release over land, but occasionally chucks you out before you reach that point. 

 

Primorsk is a town that springs to mind, depending on angle of the plane. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Can you change it so the plane ejects AFK players over water so they drowned rather than allow that one douche bag to drop with them to boost their kill stats ?!

 

 

Lol you are paging the moderators because of someone getting free kills.  You are very special.  Sometimes for fun I'll follow the plane and kill everyone that crashed.

 

But if you are so concerned of someone elses kill stats you have much bigger issues.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Greggy said:

Lol you are paging the moderators because of someone getting free kills.  You are very special.  Sometimes for fun I'll follow the plane and kill everyone that crashed.

 

But if you are so concerned of someone elses kill stats you have much bigger issues.

 

 

If your idea of fun is killing players that can’t even fight back then I’m afraid you’re the one with issues 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DecoratedShamus said:

Why .... they have started banning players (at least pc) that are padding there kill stats by AFK killing. 

lol you made that up, source or you are Donald Trump, lol these kiddies 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would they need to drown? Why not just put them in the water where you can not fist fight. Then the blue line eats them up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fractured Life said:

 

Just No. The guy is right. There are places you might want to jump where you line up the wing, and the plane chucks you out before you get to the optimum jump point. It's something that happens and is NOT related to hunting the AFKers. 

 

Like you'd want to time it for the last possible second and release over land, but occasionally chucks you out before you reach that point. 

 

Primorsk is a town that springs to mind, depending on angle of the plane. 

How about no Auto-releasing of the parachute? So if players are AFK and they don't pull the cord....too bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SasoriSekinetsu said:

@PUBG_Hawkinz @PUBG_RoboDanjal

 

Can you change it so the plane ejects AFK players over water so they drowned rather than allow that one douche bag to drop with them to boost their kill stats ?!

 

 

 

I do not see why it needs to change at all. The only way you'd be affected was if you were AFK and were the one who was punched to death.

 

If someone wants to get 'cheap' kills against those who are AFK then that is up to them. I really do not see how it affects the other players.

 

K.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Keano1981 said:

 

I do not see why it needs to change at all. The only way you'd be affected was if you were AFK and were the one who was punched to death.

 

If someone wants to get 'cheap' kills against those who are AFK then that is up to them. I really do not see how it affects the other players.

 

K.

 

Legit had to go AFK in a duo match, luckily enough when I got back I’d landed in water  & was drowning but at least I was safe from getting punched to death. 

 

Another time today the game crashed as it loaded the plane, let me rejoin only to arrive back in being punched to death. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The correct answer is to take away the automatic pulling of the parachute. It should be a manual thing that allows for players to rush closer to the ground and risk taking damage if they open too late. AFK players will not pull their chute and instead smack the ground or water and die on impact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hear me out... how about instead of ejecting players; the plane doesn't eject them and instead just divebomb into a giant fireball death right outside of the path.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RACED said:

The current system works for me just fine as it is.

 

Does it ?

 

My game crashed in the plane about an hour ago, I got back into the game just in time to hear myself get punched to death while I still had the black screen.

 

If you had been me, would say the current system worked well ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kill those people to make myself feel better when the game screws me for the 18th time.

 

I can only land at Pochinki and get a freaking pistol so many times before I want to just punch someone, but the hit registration is so bad that a fist fight looks like "two retards trying to hump a doorknob".

 

So a motionless AFKer does the trick for my morale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ColonicBoom said:

 

Does it ?

 

My game crashed in the plane about an hour ago, I got back into the game just in time to hear myself get punched to death while I still had the black screen.

 

If you had been me, would say the current system worked well ?

I believe it does.

 

If I had been you I would have just called the game a bastard and started another round. Certainly wouldn't have let it bother me in any way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, RACED said:

If your pizza delivery turns up at any point in the game your in trouble. Just restart another game, it's no big deal at the end of the day. 

 

Whatever system is in place some will always feel it should be done differently.

 

The current system works for me just fine as it is. Players get kills from AFK players. Fair play to em. 

 

Yeah TBH I have no problem with people killing AFKers anyway. They're breaking no rules and I think the beauty of this game is that there are no rules. They are cheap kills, sure, but certainly not free. You have to jump last and not move in the air which takes ages and ages to descend, then punch kill the 1/2/3 other players who are there, THEN start looting. By that time, you'll only have about 2 minutes and will likely be fairly far away from a town, not to mention the gaming circle. You seriously dent your chances for the rest of the match in doing this. You're also just as likely to be jumping with other AFK-killers as you are AFKs. I bet there are scenarios where 5 jump at the end and each of them thinks they've got 4 kills, then they all hit the ground and start moving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RACED said:

I believe it does.

 

If I had been you I would have just called the game a bastard and started another round. Certainly wouldn't have let it bother me in any way. 

 

That's exactly what I did.

 

But you can't say that the system worked fine in that instance, it did the exact opposite of working fine. It didn't work fine at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×