Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Volmer

Xbox one X Yes/No?

Suggestions on replacing my Xbox One with Xbox one X solely for PUBG!

is the experience playing PUBG alot better?

Have any1 made the change from Old Xbox one to one X for PUBG reasons ?

i know its an overall amazing upgrade, but if the experience on PUBG is the "same" then id rather wait abit replacing it hence its the only game i play atm. :-)

Just now, Volmer said:

i know its an overall amazing upgrade, but if the experience on PUBG is the "same" then id rather wait abit replacing it hence its the only game i play atm. :-)

If it's just solely for PUBG then save your money and buy a USB 3.0 SSD drive instead.  This upgrade will make sure all building and items are loaded in before you have hit the ground.  No rubber banding and possibly reduced crashes too.  Can't say for certain on that as the patches may take credit but the game plays so much better on my OG Xbox since getting one of these.

I think that it is worth it, seems alot smoother than my S and maintains good FPS in general (I've been lucky to not have the issues some are with stuttering on the one X).

I will say though, grass renders further, so people on an S or One have the advantage against you as they are hidden from you, while they can see you. I'd like to see that made even for all consoles but am sure that's low down the priority list at the moment.

Also the red dot looks 10 times better, it's a proper pinpoint dot rather than a square like on the S.

I did, was totally worth it, at some point would've bought it anyway pubg just gave me an excuse to upgrade.

5 minutes ago, xxtadaz said:

I think that it is worth it, seems alot smoother than my S and maintains good FPS in general (I've been lucky to not have the issues some are with stuttering on the one X).

I will say though, grass renders further, so people on an S or One have the advantage against you as they are hidden from you, while they can see you. I'd like to see that made even for all consoles but am sure that's low down the priority list at the moment.

Also the red dot looks 10 times better, it's a proper pinpoint dot rather than a square like on the S.

Thanks for the reply, guess ill buy it. How bout Loading ? should i still use my SSD ? or does it load fast enough ?

6 minutes ago, pnskn FIN said:

I did, was totally worth it, at some point would've bought it anyway pubg just gave me an excuse to upgrade.

Haha kinda the same boat im in. glad to hear its worth it.

2 minutes ago, Volmer said:

Thanks for the reply, guess ill buy it. How bout Loading ? should i still use my SSD ? or does it load fast enough ?

Loading is fine, however it was better pre-patch 9 in my opinion. I'm willing to sacrifice a little loading for extra frames though. It's nowhere near as bad as the OG though from what I've heard from friends who have made the switch and I've never had issues getting stuck in objects or not seeing items on the ground.

If you have a 4k screen already, definitely worth it 😀

One X without a 4k display is kinda pointless really....

If all you play is PUBG mate, you owe it to yourself to see it at it's finest 😉

10 minutes ago, Volmer said:

I don't use SSD as the loading is perfect for me. I did watch some YouTube tests showing the HDD in the X is optimised to the point an SSD can be slower in alot of cases.

I use mine on a 1080 monitor and the difference is massive, I dislike it on my 4k as I'm not a fan of gaming on big TVs (having to turn head to look around screen). Either way, I like my X for many reasons, I'd say go for it if you can. 

^^^^^

Yes totally agree.  If you haven't got a 4k TV it would be a waste of money buying an X especially for one game.  

i actually did exactly this about 3 months ago and i have to say i dont regret a penny, i got sick and tired of all the crashing and having to wait for things to load in. the game runs much better imo and all of those small issues i dont have anymore, i havent crashed in weeks and weeks, obviously all of the actual issues that people like to bring up on this forum still exist. but like these guys have said if you already have the TV like i did then its a no brainer

36 minutes ago, P8ball Ninja 74 said:

I guess you should buy a pc then... 

Let me put my bit in here I was going through the same mindset as you playing on a one would the x be worth it!

If you have a 1080p monitor or tv the difference the x made was outstanding you will be so happy with this upgrade.

Yes the 4k is stunning with it but even on a 1080p monitor it's worth it.

Do it do it do it do it. Then post a reply here and say omg you were right

1 minute ago, P4UL said:

Let me put my bit in here I was going through the same mindset as you playing on a one would the x be worth it!

If you have a 1080p monitor or tv the difference the x made was outstanding you will be so happy with this upgrade.

You are correct. I honestly think the difference on both 4k or 1080 is massive. 

My One S doesn't come close to how clear and smooth my X feels on a 1080 or 4k.

17 minutes ago, P4UL said:

True. Im planning on a 4K Tv this year but already got a X.

Because of the downsampling it works wonders on my 1080p TV, i dont regret the early upgrade. I cant stand 1080p games anymore, even on my 1080p TV 🙈😂

I have both the s and the x.  I've played it on both.  I also have my s hooked up to a 4k tv and my x hooked up to a 1080p tv.  I've also interchanged the x with the s to see what it looks like on 4k.  If you are buying the x ONLY for pubg I don't think it's worth it.  That's just my personal opinion.  I see little difference in the game.  There is more pop in particularly when jumping on the s and the graphics look a little "muddier" for lack of a better word, but overall the experience is maybe 5-10% better on the x vs the s.  If you've got money to burn go ahead and grab the x.  If you're tight on cash don't sweat it and feel like you're missing out.  Wait until hopefully some more optimization patches, probably a price drop on the x this fall, and more games using the xbox x enhanced this fall.

If you only play PUBG then you're about to throw $500 out the window

This game is a complete disaster on X as well

4 hours ago, Volmer said:

The only real difference is that buildings render before you hit the ground. Other than that it's really the same.  The graphics aren't noticeably better. You may get a little better fps here and there but not much.  I highly suggest buying an external solid state hard drive instead.  Its literally just as big a difference for a quarter of the price.  And it will help load times with all your games, not just pubg.

Hello all, ive bought it and played for a few days, and the difference is worth it, ive crashed once in a lot of games, where I used to crash way more often, I can now drive motorcycles again.

and the FPS difference is WAY better in cqc! 

Here. Use the search bar and you'll see others have already had this whole thread started and it was only half way down page two.

Absolutely yes! Get an X!

however don't be surprised if pubg corp inadvertantly hobble the performance with a future patch like they did with patch 7. They've fixed it now though and the game runs at almost a solid 30fps now on x

I have the 1X, bought it on 12 month financing from Best buy ($500 or 45/month). I also have the Seagate Game drive 512GB SSD ($200). 

The two make the game run super smooth. In the long run, it's worth it. At the moment, the X still experiences frame drops, but it'll b fixed eventually. If I had to do it over again, I would've just bought the X and waited on SSD prices to drop. The X won't drop in price anytime soon.

On 3/14/2018 at 4:56 AM, P8ball Ninja 74 said:

I disagree. The upgrade is significant regardless of display. I'd wait for 4k HDR Sony's & Samsung's to be cheaper, bc right now, they're 999&up. 4k isn't a must for this game.

13 hours ago, PhillyRiv17 said:

I disagree. The upgrade is significant regardless of display. I'd wait for 4k HDR Sony's & Samsung's to be cheaper, bc right now, they're 999&up. 4k isn't a must for this game.

4k is definitely not a must....

It's a want! 

The One X was built for 4k, if you upgrade to X, but don't look at the 4k side, you could just buy an S and save some dollars 😃

I own all 3 Xbox versions...OG to X.

70 & 28" 4k screens, plus a lil 55" 3D 1080.

PubG on OG at any resolution...just terrible.

PubG on S, better in 4k than 1080, but still too easy to confuse thin bushes/trees for enemies 🤔

PubG on X @ 4k = Ultimate version.

If money is not an issue, then the choice is simplez 😀