Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Get to the Dacia

A little more loot at school?

I go Mil. Base or School every round. When I’m done at school, I’ll have 3-5 kills, a shot up level one vest, level 2 helmet, a pump shotgun, and M-16 with 12 rounds of 5.56. I feel like if you’re going to take the risk and land in high traffic areas, you should be rewarded a little more when you win those areas. The loot at school is pretty poor to say the least. Can we get something other than micro uzis and shotguns to spawn there?

They are not going to just change the loot at School when its been the same for a year on PC. The whole fun of school is the lack of loot, the action and the fact that once you come out on top you have to push Rozhok or apartments. Its never going to be a great loot spot, its just been made so popular by Shroud

I've had a Kar98k with Suppressor & x4 from school, also had Lv.3 head & body gear, M416's, med-kits.... I've also had nothing but pistols & micro-uzi's too.

If you don't like the loot then stop going there or you know, don't get shot :-)

Yes it's obvious answers but that is what matters - the loot is RNG and school has plenty of loot spots so on a lucky you run you could easily be very kitted out by the time you leave.

I have never personally understood the fascination with school, I never ever leave with loot that is worthy of the risk (and yes, more often than not when I have been there I do leave alive)  I would much rather go military base or one of the towns.

have you ever dropped at the refinery? Ast least that's whay I call it.  The factory building across the street from the power plant.  Always action right off the bat just like school, but the loot is way better.  And when you're done you can sneek up on the survivor from main power too and take all their sweet loot. Just have to remember to take stock of where cars are before you land in case the circle screws you over.  

All 3 games we landed at the school last night was nothing but uzis and pistols and we were first ones there. I put my brown school shoes on for nothing.

I usually go for the edges of the island. 3 games back to back last night I found 8x and 4x scopes in one 3 building area as well as a scar-l, ump, DP, and m16. I made that area my sweet spot and try to land there at least once every few games. It's been very generous to me and gotten me as far as 2nd place more than 10 times now. Still no chicken dinners though. But soon 

Some in my squad think school is the best place to drop, personally I avoid it like the plague. I think it's a terrible place to drop unless you simply want carnage rather than loot.

6 minutes ago, ColonicBoom said:

I think it's a terrible place to drop unless you simply want carnage rather than loot.

I agree with this. We usually drop school the first couple rounds of the night to warm up, then drop other places to try to win. School for me is just a place you know you can get a fight in. When we win school its always... "well crap, now what" Because yes, you are normally very undergeared, and you wasted a lot of time hunting people down when people that dropped other places have all that sweet sweet loot by now.

If I drop near the school I'll go to rozok or the apartments. My all time favorite for finding loot though? Probably yasnaya polyana or gorgepool

I've been landing at the high traffic areas recently (School, Military, Prison) and have been very underwhelmed. Usually nobody else will land there and even when I loot the entire area, I come out with sub-par loot. I can land at Gatka and come out with much better loot. Of course it's random but when I play I never go to the high traffic areas now.

8 hours ago, Get to the Dacia said:

I go Mil. Base or School every round. When I’m done at school, I’ll have 3-5 kills, a shot up level one vest, level 2 helmet, a pump shotgun, and M-16 with 12 rounds of 5.56. 

So you have 3-5 crates with nothing in them? 

On 3/14/2018 at 6:37 AM, Get to the Dacia said:

I go Mil. Base or School every round. When I’m done at school, I’ll have 3-5 kills, a shot up level one vest, level 2 helmet, a pump shotgun, and M-16 with 12 rounds of 5.56. I feel like if you’re going to take the risk and land in high traffic areas, you should be rewarded a little more when you win those areas. The loot at school is pretty poor to say the least. Can we get something other than micro uzis and shotguns to spawn there?

Yep, just did this last night. Walked out with 6 kills an M4 fully kitted with 1 magazine of ammo, a sks fully kitted with one magazine of ammo, and level 2 armor. The ammo was all used up by the time I walked out of there.

It's rando man.

Yesterday I cleared school like 4 times..

1) AKM + Ump w/Red, comp

2) M16 w/Halo+ Kar98k w/2x

3) M416 w/4x,comp + M416 w/8x,flash

4) Kar98k w/Red + Vector w/red,comp,stock,vert

It's different everytime for me.

On 3/14/2018 at 7:50 AM, SasoriSekinetsu said:

I've had a Kar98k with Suppressor & x4 from school, also had Lv.3 head & body gear, M416's, med-kits.... I've also had nothing but pistols & micro-uzi's too.

This.  I've pulled Scars with 90 rounds and high level body gear out of shacks while four houses sit with shottie ammo and bandages.  The game is a crap shot.  Good loot can be anywhere.  Keeps it moving & makes any one drop zone not an auto win.  A lot of my best games have come while I'm struggling for ammo the whole time.

1 hour ago, unkindlycynic said:

This.  I've pulled Scars with 90 rounds and high level body gear out of shacks while four houses sit with shottie ammo and bandages.  The game is a crap shot.  Good loot can be anywhere.  Keeps it moving & makes any one drop zone not an auto win.  A lot of my best games have come while I'm struggling for ammo the whole time.

Same here. It seems like every time I have perfect looting early game and come out fully kitted, I end up getting shot in the back right away. But the games where I struggle the whole match, I end up killing 1 or 2 guys right near the end and get all the loot I need off of them and go on to get the chicken dinner. 

A little more loot at the school

A little more frame rate at the base

A little bit of Monica in my life

A little bit of Erica by my side

School loot has never been great, hospital was always better, but school has a lot of loot spots so rng might be friendly, but it is poor compared to dropping at other locations like powerplant, georgepool back and front 6 etc.