Jump to content
SneaK X1

Short Range Vehicle Strategy?

Recommended Posts

SneaK X1    30

Anybody tried something like this in squads? 

I'm picturing running a squad of all shotguns/smgs, 2 vehicles split into pairs, and just pushing people.. Obviously you'd have to play the terrain correctly, but I'd think flushing people from cover to cover would be a super fun style. Everyone seems to play the same way, sneak from cover to cover and snipe people that get caught in the open. Seems like if you went full on rush mode, equipped the whole squad for it, there'd be a lot of people who wouldn't know how to react. 

I'm on console so I can't play the game, obviously cannot try this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
officialslix    12

obv you dont play this game. if so you would know that there is literally no chance to get close to ppl with a vehicle by not being spottet. therefore ur opponents can get rdy and potentially take you out before you even be in position or can exit the vehicle. better solution would be dont go for the gun action instead go full nitro and try to roadkill dont stop slowing down in vehicles will rip you in most cases, when other ppl are close 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cuti8tushu    100

I suppose if your communication is very good, might work. 

But my theory is you won't have as big of an advantage as you think.  When you're in a vehicle and get shot, you get hurt hard since it's your head that's going to take the majority of the bullets lol. 

But yea.. Build a pc and try it out for yourself I guess =P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SneaK X1    30
11 hours ago, officialslix said:

obv you dont play this game. if so you would know that there is literally no chance to get close to ppl with a vehicle by not being spottet. therefore ur opponents can get rdy and potentially take you out before you even be in position or can exit the vehicle. better solution would be dont go for the gun action instead go full nitro and try to roadkill dont stop slowing down in vehicles will rip you in most cases, when other ppl are close 

Literally stated that in my post, lol. 

I'll just say that this game is still very new and there are a lot things yet to be discovered. 

10 hours ago, Cuti8tushu said:

I suppose if your communication is very good, might work. 

But my theory is you won't have as big of an advantage as you think.  When you're in a vehicle and get shot, you get hurt hard since it's your head that's going to take the majority of the bullets lol. 

But yea.. Build a pc and try it out for yourself I guess =P

Yea I'd think it would require some next level communication regarding positioning and approaching people and what not. Seeing how people often just can't even drive one car without flipping, might prove difficult to speed around in two. If nothing else, it just seems like it would be a lot of fun to try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cosmic Sheep    132
12 hours ago, officialslix said:

obv you dont play this game. if so you would know that there is literally no chance to get close to ppl with a vehicle by not being spotted.

This is so true, once they hear a car move everyone seems to look in that general direction if they are close they will just shoot you in the car, or your car itself and the car tyres, overall making this hard to actually do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15.5.2017 at 10:16 PM, SneaK X1 said:

Anybody tried something like this in squads? 

I'm picturing running a squad of all shotguns/smgs, 2 vehicles split into pairs, and just pushing people.. Obviously you'd have to play the terrain correctly, but I'd think flushing people from cover to cover would be a super fun style. Everyone seems to play the same way, sneak from cover to cover and snipe people that get caught in the open. Seems like if you went full on rush mode, equipped the whole squad for it, there'd be a lot of people who wouldn't know how to react. 

I'm on console so I can't play the game, obviously cannot try this.

My 2 cents:

1) vehicles are loud as fuck. There is no way to surprise people.

2) Solo it is rather hard, in duo it's okay but in squad vehicles get annihilated being under fire from 4 people. The LMG is THE killer of vehicles. It is totally crap but today I wasted 2 duo teams with the LMG just by wrecking the car. 

3) Terrain and vehicles. Just one word: physics. The vehicles are kind of "spongy". The buggy takes the cake. Look here at min 21:25. Or min 04:00 here

4) Vehicles are good for 2 things (imo): 

  • Travel far distances fast. Drop plane, take car, drive military base, drive back into zone. 
  • You need mobile cover. We won a match, simply by using a Dachia as cover. You have to be careful, as soon as the vehicles smokes, you need to crawl away or you will get caught in the blast of the exploding vehicle. The destroyed car still provides good cover. 
  • ???

However, just my opinion. And don't get me wrong: Vehicles are super entertaining :)

_____________________________

PUBG Absurdity #3

My Channel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stambo    155
3 hours ago, Psychoghost Gaming said:

 

1) vehicles are loud as fuck. There is no way to surprise people.

 

Try a motorbike in the rain, it's fun, you can come up behind someone and they don't know you are there until it's too late.
Especially when they are running from the blue. :)
Not so good for someone who is more aware of their surroundings though. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eSkzz`    0

The terrain doesn't really allow a lot of plays in the car, its ok to go from point a to point b, but to use it as a weapon so to speak its pretty rare to pull that off with a squad equipped with rifles etc. you just get lit up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Stambo said:

Try a motorbike in the rain, it's fun, you can come up behind someone and they don't know you are there until it's too late.
Especially when they are running from the blue. :)
Not so good for someone who is more aware of their surroundings though. :)

The bike may be an exception. But... well... I made some very unpleasant experiences with the bike. Little Bump. "Psychoghost died from fall damage". 

_____________________________________

PUBG Absurdity #3

Psychoghost Gaming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stambo    155
12 hours ago, Psychoghost Gaming said:

The bike may be an exception. But... well... I made some very unpleasant experiences with the bike. Little Bump. "Psychoghost died from fall damage". 

Yup, it can be.... exciting. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nemesis    29

I'll just add to what Psychoghost pointed out and give my thoughts:

- Vehicles are really loud and everybody is looking/listening out for them. For me at least as soon as I even hear a faint rumble of an engine in the distance I tell my squad and we bunker down until we know the vehicle is either going past or we know exactly where it's stopped.

- You take significant damage even if you jump out of car that's moving very slowly. This means you're vulnerable as the car needs to be stopped dead before you can get away safely. Plus cars are vulnerable to get bug-launched into orbit by going over the smallest bump. Vehicles are therefore only reliable for travelling long distances and for cover if there's nothing else.

- Ambushing is massively in favour of the defender. If I'm camping stairs (I dislike this but often I kill somebody and the rest of the squad drives up to hunt me down), then their head peaks the stairs way before they see me. With a shotgun it's an easy knockout then the next squad member comes, knocked out squad member says I'm up the stairs and they proceed to slowly walk up, again exposing their head to my shotgun :).

- If you're playing squad mode then you want to be playing with your squad. If it's early on (i.e. just started the 2nd circle or something) then you can completely ruin a squad's game if you kill one of the members, especially if there are 4 people playing together and they've only just started playing. Most people will open fire at any opportunity as it demoralises and confuses remaining squad members if one dies, especially if they've just spent 10 minutes looting! A car is an easy target to spray and pray.

Also unless you're close quarters fighting in buildings or getting the jump on people then shotguns/SMGs are pretty bad. Even the length of a house will put you at a massive disadvantage. If you walk round the side and enemy is at the opposite side with an AR you're likely to go down. SMGs own on full auto which means you need to be in a place where all of those bullets hit.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stambo    155
13 hours ago, Nemesis said:

You take significant damage even if you jump out of car that's moving very slowly. This means you're vulnerable as the car needs to be stopped dead before you can get away safely. Plus cars are vulnerable to get bug-launched into orbit by going over the smallest bump. Vehicles are therefore only reliable for travelling long distances and for cover if there's nothing else.

That seems to have changed now, you seem to be able to get out of a slowly moving vehicle without taking damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
toothcode    13
8 minutes ago, Stambo said:

That seems to have changed now, you seem to be able to get out of a slowly moving vehicle without taking damage.

Aye, I had done it earlier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quasispec    231

I put e-brake on one of my mouse buttons just so I can reverse and e-brake at the same time and not lose half my health because the cars still rolling a bit. I've been halfway blaming it on lag in my head but I'll often end up jumping out of cars at full speed while I'm doing more intricate maneuvering. It's possible I'm hitting the button on accident but it could very well be lag ( :P ).

I think the worst aspect of a car strategy is that the only time you're safe in a car is when you're at full speed. If you move slow you're just a fairly loud headshot target. Getting in and out of vehicles is probably the most vulnerable you are in the game. Especially getting in because there's about a 75% chance that you'll have to click the button, wait, then click the button again before you actually get into the vehicle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/05/2017 at 9:16 PM, SneaK X1 said:

Anybody tried something like this in squads? 

I'm picturing running a squad of all shotguns/smgs, 2 vehicles split into pairs, and just pushing people.. Obviously you'd have to play the terrain correctly, but I'd think flushing people from cover to cover would be a super fun style. Everyone seems to play the same way, sneak from cover to cover and snipe people that get caught in the open. Seems like if you went full on rush mode, equipped the whole squad for it, there'd be a lot of people who wouldn't know how to react. 

I'm on console so I can't play the game, obviously cannot try this.

I have tried the tactic in question, in fact it is my usual tactic when playing in Squads (Four Players). We only usually do this when we have a Dacia and a UAZ (roof version), we normally send the Dacia in-front about 250/300 yards with a Shotgun Driver and a Submachine Gun UMP45 Passenger, the UAZ then follows behind with two Assault / Sniper Rifle Players to be the "cavalry" as we like to call it. Only occasionally has this ever gone wrong, the only problem we seem to run into is:

1) Dacia flips over
2) The people we are ambushing tend to shoot the Driver of the Dacia pretty easily

All in all though it's a clever tactic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×