Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RAFTERmantis

Police Spike Strips

Recommended Posts

How about some spike strips but you can only find them at the old police station once every 4 games or perhaps make a police dacia car that has the spike strips loaded but the drawback is they deploy with the car only and it has police lights that turn on while driving and while deployed.  

 

This would make for some funny video's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To deploy spike strips in real life you stand roadside and as the car approaches you throw the strips into the road. It unfolds and has a pull cord to retract them as there are likely vehicles in pursuit. 

 

Spike strips would be awesome. If they included the real life deployment method I believe it would make it reasonable so it wouldn’t become overpowered as you could dodge them and even run over the player who deploys them. Spike strips get dodged all the time in real life. Some of my friends and I have talked about them adding this also. The developers could distribute them in the game as they see fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like this idea but just so there aren't too many around they could be a crate item.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Ironwolf762x51 said:

To deploy spike strips in real life you stand roadside and as the car approaches you throw the strips into the road. It unfolds and has a pull cord to retract them as there are likely vehicles in pursuit. 

 

Spike strips would be awesome. If they included the real life deployment method I believe it would make it reasonable so it wouldn’t become overpowered as you could dodge them and even run over the player who deploys them. Spike strips get dodged all the time in real life. Some of my friends and I have talked about them adding this also. The developers could distribute them in the game as they see fit.

 

34 minutes ago, Anvil735 said:

I like this idea but just so there aren't too many around they could be a crate item.

I agree with you both.  Not sure how they would accomplish this but the reason I suggested the cop car thing with lights on is to 1. draw attention to them, and 2. limit the number of spike strips in the game.  Now a crate item would work with the limiting but having it as an item that you can deploy like the IRL versions might be a bit unfair unless there is a way to identify them from a certain distance to avoid them.  I would say driving at 124 kph you might not be able to avoid them but at 90 you would have enough time.  Slowing people down would make it easier to shoot them too.  Not sure but they can figure that stuff out.   Maybe, though, just make it a one and done so it is only effective for once deployment and perhaps you can't pack it up. I know IRL you can but for the game?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RAFTERmantis said:

 

I agree with you both.  Not sure how they would accomplish this but the reason I suggested the cop car thing with lights on is to 1. draw attention to them, and 2. limit the number of spike strips in the game.  Now a crate item would work with the limiting but having it as an item that you can deploy like the IRL versions might be a bit unfair unless there is a way to identify them from a certain distance to avoid them.  I would say driving at 124 kph you might not be able to avoid them but at 90 you would have enough time.  Slowing people down would make it easier to shoot them too.  Not sure but they can figure that stuff out.   Maybe, though, just make it a one and done so it is only effective for once deployment and perhaps you can't pack it up. I know IRL you can but for the game?

 

One and done could work, or possibly 2-4 deployments just in case you screw up the first throw and live to give it another shot?

 

this might began to make people more cautious when approaching pedestrian players. You see a player standing by the road or a point of likely opposition that is road side,  they would likely avoid it. I think them being care package items or very rare would be the way to go. If they were as plentiful as say 9mm ammo or “QuickDraw mags” it’d make getting across to the military island a bit harder to put it lightly.

Edited by Ironwolf762x51

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×