PUBG_FWG

NETWORK LAG DETECTED

PUBG_FWG    1,074

Hello everyone!

We've experienced a short outage on our forum server in the last 48 hours and as a result a few recent posts were lost. Some of you may also have to register again because of this. We are investigating and apologise for any inconvenience caused. The forum is currently stable. It is safe to post : )

nullscope    0

I just attempted to play a match with a buddy, and BOTH of us got blocked from playing by the "lag detector". Neither of use were using a lag switch, and it stopped us from completing a match. Please remove this, it is ruining my gaming experience.

20 minutes ago, nullscope said:

I just attempted to play a match with a buddy, and BOTH of us got blocked from playing by the "lag detector". Neither of use were using a lag switch, and it stopped us from completing a match. Please remove this, it is ruining my gaming experience.

Hi

Sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with the game. Can you provide some information so we can understand what is causing the problem?

- What are your PC specs?

- Can you provide a screenshot of results from here: http://www.cloudping.info/,

- What does your local speedtest/pingtest show? http://beta.speedtest.net 

- What region were you playing on?

- Do you have a wired or wireless connection?

- Do you use any kind of QoS (Quality of Service)?

- Do you have any downloads taking place on your local PC or other clients?

upalto    1
Posted (edited)

less laggers = more chikens for low latency players. Keep it up please.

Edited by upalto

Thegoon84    1
3 minutes ago, upalto said:

Amen

33 minutes ago, upalto said:

Whilst it will provide a better gameplay experience overall. We must determine the reasons for those who are affected by this.

Thanks for the feedback

nullscope    0
1 hour ago, Suspicious Pixel said:

Hi

Sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with the game. Can you provide some information so we can understand what is causing the problem?

- Can you provide a screenshot of results from here: http://www.cloudping.info/,

-PC specs

Windows 10 64 bit Intel i7 CPU 970 @3.20Ghz 12 GB ram Nvidida Gefore GTX 960 4 GB ram 

Thanks for the reply, here is a link to the test. I live near the Chicago area.

I attached a screenshot of the pingtest

I was playing on NA server

wireless connection

not sure about QoS so most likely no

no downloads taken place

http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6302426943

Untitled.png

snoopyinc    1
Posted (edited)

Hi,
I am experiencing the same issue different circumstance

Here is what i have found:

I Live in South Africa.  The EU server is lower latency but higher PPS  We experiencing something like "magic bullets" where we have to shoot 2x the amount to get a hit register vs the NA server which is around 280-330 ms.  I am taking an assumption that the lock kicks in around the 300 mark and that is why we are experiencing this issue.  

Being in IT for over 15 Years i struggle to understand how the EU server is not better other than congestion and PPS. and the TIck count not being the same.
With regards to other players worried about our latency if its constant and the ticks are constant the delay is in your favour not ours.  We have to counter with better skill and foresight.

The only way we will get a better fix for South Africa is for us to get a Server.  Other than that let us play on the NA server where our bullets register and our door openings happen on first button press.

Edited by snoopyinc

1S1KSolo    48

Instead of removing the lag switch for all servers, maybe consider opening up a all access server region.  If there are players that are having issues, or there are players who want to game with friends from different regions, then they can join this all access server.  Maybe the lag switch isn't off for this region, but maybe it is more forgiving?

I would rather err on the side of caution and keep the no good kiddie cheaters out. 

snoopyinc    1

Don't get me wrong we do not want cheaters also.  And we have experienced them first hand on EU servers.  Its the hit register that's the concern.  Fix the EU servers and we will be happy being there but it isn't working properly at the moment and ruining gaming experiences for players.

xTekx    168
1 hour ago, nullscope said:

wireless connection

Most likely your problem. Wireless is highly impacted by interference and can cause lag.

• Like 1

Nemesis    29

Got to say since the update it's been amazing for me and my friends (we're in EU and play EU). Hit reg has been spot on, the game is playing like it should and feels fair in terms of getting hit and hitting others. Weapons suddenly feel more powerful. That's 3 of us tonight playing on 70mb + connections and one with a poor 1mb connection. He expected to perhaps have ping restriction issues but it's been great. That at least seems to show that the ping problems are more deep rooted than just personal broadband speed.

Introducing the ping cap appears to have stabilised hit registration at least - there's still early rubber banding but the game is playing well overall. If you're getting a high ping now and you are connecting to the region you should be connecting to then it's a good opportunity to report and get bugs ironed out. I'm assuming previously these individual issues were ruining it for everyone else?

Siethra    1

I have 49 hours in the game so far, but I have only got access to 3G on my phone. My ping jitters but not incredibly. I get <100 pings to all EU servers but now this NETWORK LAG DETECTED happens. Once this message appears I cannot do anything, the game then times out and I lose connection to it.

So I can no longer play. Is this happening to anyone else?

I'm incredibly bummed out, I was having a lot of fun. I didn't feel like I was lagging more than anyone else and no this means I can no longer play.

• Like 1

Tykjen    185

The game totally breaks down my network from time to time. Worrying to say the least. Ive never experienced a game totally kill the connection like that. I am forced to reboot router and PC to get online again. Its like they are bringing Skynet with PUBG...

Stambo    110
1 hour ago, Siethra said:

I have 49 hours in the game so far, but I have only got access to 3G on my phone. My ping jitters but not incredibly. I get <100 pings to all EU servers but now this NETWORK LAG DETECTED happens. Once this message appears I cannot do anything, the game then times out and I lose connection to it.

I'm incredibly bummed out, I was having a lot of fun. I didn't feel like I was lagging more than anyone else and no this means I can no longer play.

What used to happen was in those times of high ping you could wander around killing with impunity and when the connection came back those people you killed would find themselves dying in random places and say WTF happened there.
Thus spoiling the game for many others.
I am sorry but you need a good reliable internet connection to play this game, 3g just doesn't cut it.

kah-zuu~    6
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Suspicious Pixel said:

Hi

Wait what? We have Singapore servers? If we do, why are they all lumped up under "Asia" as a whole? Asia as a continent is way too huge to have everything lumped up like that. Doesn't make sense that people need to do a dice roll to chance they get into the closest server available. I'm from South East Asia and I get 20ms to the Singapore server but 200+ms to other "Asia" servers in that list.

Edited by kah-zuu~

Spen    126
7 hours ago, Stambo said:

What used to happen was in those times of high ping you could wander around killing with impunity and when the connection came back those people you killed would find themselves dying in random places and say WTF happened there.
Thus spoiling the game for many others.
I am sorry but you need a good reliable internet connection to play this game, 3g just doesn't cut it.

^this

He didn't realized it on his screen but in the game he was walking around like a invisible god killing other players without getting killed himself.

I also don't know any other game that you could play stable with a 3G connection. The game should give no guarantee to run on anything else then a wired internet connection (also excluding WLAN).

FoxD1e    35
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Siethra said:

Buy unlimited LTE?

Edited by FoxD1e

Siethra    1

- Can you provide a screenshot of results from here: 

- What does your local speedtest/pingtest show?  6304619046.png

- What region were you playing on? EU

- Do you have a wired or wireless connection? Wired usb tethering

- Do you use any kind of QoS (Quality of Service)? no

- Do you have any downloads taking place on your local PC or other clients? No downloads. My PC is the only one connected to this connection.

Capture.PNG

Spen    126
1 minute ago, Siethra said:

- Do you have a wired or wireless connection? Wired usb tethering

So you are using your phones internet connection via 3G or 4G/LTE?

No wonder that this doesn't work ;) Such a connection is just not useable for gaming.

Siethra    1

This connection is fine for gaming actually. I play many games using it. The connection is HSPA+ Not everyone in the world has access to Fiber or even DSL so just saying that I shouldn't play because my connection is not usable for gaming is kinda bs. I don't have an issue with the lag message, it's the fact the game doesn't even reconnect when the message is up. It hangs until it exits.....

Jbwrecked    149
10 minutes ago, Siethra said:

This connection is fine for gaming actually. I play many games using it. The connection is HSPA+ Not everyone in the world has access to Fiber or even DSL so just saying that I shouldn't play because my connection is not usable for gaming is kinda bs. I don't have an issue with the lag message, it's the fact the game doesn't even reconnect when the message is up. It hangs until it exits.....

I would say that's probably a bug with their lag detector then.