Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Adradian

Two Problems Encountered Literally Every Game

Recommended Posts

Adradian    0

There are two problems I see nearly every game. I have seen topics where others talk about them but haven't seen them addressed by anyone definitively. There's a good chance I just don't know where to look to find if these issues are being addressed. I'm new here.

 

1. Invisible players/ Parachuters at the start of the game.
-Players/Parachutes will "appear" just feet above the ground where they were not loaded/visible beforehand. It makes the early game super obnoxious having to turn at the last second because 4 people appear around you where there were none. (and no, it's not that I missed scanning for them, I've done that before too, and this is not what's happening in the situations I'm referencing.) They literally just appear where they were not before.

2. Interaction with Vehicles. It seems that there's no right answer with entering vehicles. Do I spam F and hope it goes through? Do I hit F and roll the dice as to if I'm going to get in or not? It really seems finicky.

Thanks in advance! Also Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this, I put it where I thought was best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nemesis    29

I haven't personally seen the issue of parachuters appearing out of nowhere, just the final parachuters appearing around 100ft above the ground if they've opened their 'chute very early or are AFK.

What you're seeing is most likely the early game lag that everybody seems to experience - the same reason it takes different times for your squad to appear in the lobby and the plane.

The vehicle issue on the other hand is annoying for me too. It normally takes at least 1-1.5 seconds for me to get into a vehicle after pressing F. This is especially tricky in situations when you need to get in quickly. Press once, nothing happens. Press again and you get in. Then the next time when you press the 2nd time you get in and straight back out of the car :D. It also doesn't help that once you're in suddenly F works instantly so you fall out and die if you react a little too quickly before the vehicle stops!

I think it helps to be patient here, spamming F doesn't work. I don't think everybody experiences this though as I've reached a car before, started driving and 3 people from another squad jump straight in as I start moving. For me I'd be left standing still as I wouldn't have been able to get in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
toothcode    13

Parachute issue i've never encountered but yes the 'f' to access vehicles I have and is due to server issues if i'm correct. Usually takes me two clicks of 'f' then it works.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cosmic Sheep    132

Hello Adradian, Welcome to the forums. 

Do you have any footage of this etc occurring?

Seems to be a thread up already and a "known issue" which you can check out below about the vehicles response time.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Adradian said:

There are two problems I see nearly every game. I have seen topics where others talk about them but haven't seen them addressed by anyone definitively. There's a good chance I just don't know where to look to find if these issues are being addressed. I'm new here.

 

1. Invisible players/ Parachuters at the start of the game.
-Players/Parachutes will "appear" just feet above the ground where they were not loaded/visible beforehand. It makes the early game super obnoxious having to turn at the last second because 4 people appear around you where there were none. (and no, it's not that I missed scanning for them, I've done that before too, and this is not what's happening in the situations I'm referencing.) They literally just appear where they were not before.

2. Interaction with Vehicles. It seems that there's no right answer with entering vehicles. Do I spam F and hope it goes through? Do I hit F and roll the dice as to if I'm going to get in or not? It really seems finicky.

Thanks in advance! Also Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this, I put it where I thought was best.

The invisible parachutes is due to the loading of the game on your client. Do you run this on an ssd or hdd? Can I get specs to take a further look?

Interactions with vehicles... How long would you say the delay is if you just test this? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quasispec    231

@Caesar of Roma

The delay on vehicles is around 1-1.5 seconds, it's similar to the delay for opening doors in buildings where if the server feels laggy the time increases. It feels like it's a situation where the server has to decide you're close enough to interact with it before the command on the client side will register. I usually get close, pause, then click once if I'm not in a hurry and can get in smoothly. Tapping twice immediately (but not rapidly) will sometimes get you in a vehicle faster but will sometimes register entry and exit so you'll just jump right back out after you get in (even if the second tap was before you were in the vehicle).

For the parachuters I've had this issue a few times and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with system stress on my end. The general feel I get is that there's a limit to how many players are going to be shown and somebody that didn't make the cut in the air will be re-assessed on landing, so it might be setting related.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Adradian    0

Have they said anything about these issues then?

I mean... surely neither are considered acceptable or intended are they?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Adradian    0
8 hours ago, Caesar of Roma said:

The invisible parachutes is due to the loading of the game on your client. Do you run this on an ssd or hdd? Can I get specs to take a further look?

Interactions with vehicles... How long would you say the delay is if you just test this? 

SSD And what specs do you want? Processor is Intel Core i5 6500 @ 3.20 GHz
8GB Ram I do apologize that I'm not as computer savy as I'm sure would help.

I'll have to get into a custom game to test for you the delay. The thing is it's not consistent. Sometimes it's less than a half second sometimes it's more, sometimes it's "instant".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Adradian    0
13 hours ago, toothcode said:

Parachute issue i've never encountered but yes the 'f' to access vehicles I have and is due to server issues if i'm correct. Usually takes me two clicks of 'f' then it works.

Which is, obviously, enough of a delay to get you killed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
toothcode    13
Just now, Adradian said:

Which is, obviously, enough of a delay to get you killed.

Indeed, I've died plenty of times trying to get into a car or opening a door and it has took its time to open/enter.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Adradian    0
12 minutes ago, Adradian said:

Have they said anything about these issues then?

I mean... surely neither are considered acceptable or intended are they?

How do I delete this post? I see now the question was answered elsewhere. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quasispec    231

@Adradian

You can just let it die once we all stop typing into it. The car issue I believe has to do with the server tick rate, but the specific way the game engine deals with the interaction might possibly be changed to improve the experience we have with it so more information can be useful. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Adradian    0
On 5/19/2017 at 3:19 PM, Quasispec said:

@Caesar of Roma

The delay on vehicles is around 1-1.5 seconds, it's similar to the delay for opening doors in buildings where if the server feels laggy the time increases. It feels like it's a situation where the server has to decide you're close enough to interact with it before the command on the client side will register. I usually get close, pause, then click once if I'm not in a hurry and can get in smoothly. Tapping twice immediately (but not rapidly) will sometimes get you in a vehicle faster but will sometimes register entry and exit so you'll just jump right back out after you get in (even if the second tap was before you were in the vehicle).

For the parachuters I've had this issue a few times and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with system stress on my end. The general feel I get is that there's a limit to how many players are going to be shown and somebody that didn't make the cut in the air will be re-assessed on landing, so it might be setting related.

Shouldn't the limit of players be 100? Like... no matter what? If there are 100 players in the game there should never be the chance that one wouldn't show up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Adradian    0
On 5/19/2017 at 4:47 PM, Quasispec said:

@Adradian

You can just let it die once we all stop typing into it. The car issue I believe has to do with the server tick rate, but the specific way the game engine deals with the interaction might possibly be changed to improve the experience we have with it so more information can be useful. 

Hopefully the questions are answered before it dies. :)

The one that was answered was the F key not working, seems like that's been an issue for ages and until they get some stuff worked out will continue to be an issue.

I don't really run into any of the "big" bugs anymore (yay progress!) but these two are CONSISTENTLY making me hate games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×