(*)Bad

why 3rd person in the first place?

(*)Bad    3

Hey guys, 
I've been playing PUBG alot recently, almost exclusively. The amount of time I spend on this game is insane, so yes I'm addicted. I'm at 700 rounds played atleast.

The problem I've had recently, and it started happening about 2 weeks ago but now it has become more frequent. I've had it hapening twice under 1 hour and an other time the day after.
Considering I've only had the chance to play 15 games in those 2 days, it makes it a 1 to 5 game occurence. Thats a 20% chance for me that if I choose to kill someone quick with the 3rd person aiming, I get this problem where i'm shooting then suddenly it makes me look at my feet giving the ennemy the kill shot easy on me.

The question I have is, if it does happend to other people as much as it does to me, is this bug or hack a priority to fix?

also if it happend to you guys , I'd love to hear you about it.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/144269630

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/143441573

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/143440978

Orpheus720    3

It has happened to me once and I saw it happen to DrDisrespect live the other day. So for me it isn't frequent but it has happened.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, (*)Bad said:

Hey guys, 
I've been playing PUBG alot recently, almost exclusively. The amount of time I spend on this game is insane, so yes I'm addicted. I'm at 700 rounds played atleast.

The problem I've had recently, and it started happening about 2 weeks ago but now it has become more frequent. I've had it hapening twice under 1 hour and an other time the day after.
Considering I've only had the chance to play 15 games in those 2 days, it makes it a 1 to 5 game occurence. Thats a 20% chance for me that if I choose to kill someone quick with the 3rd person aiming, I get this problem where i'm shooting then suddenly it makes me look at my feet giving the ennemy the kill shot easy on me.

The question I have is, if it does happend to other people as much as it does to me, is this bug or hack a priority to fix?

also if it happend to you guys , I'd love to hear you about it.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/144269630

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/143441573

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/143440978

I had this several times as well. I ->THINK<- the server/client/whatever decided you already died, but it takes this 0,5 seconds to reach your end. 

As soon as the server evaluates that you died, your character looks down. 

I record quite a lot myself and checked in my clips. I get shot and ALWAYS the killing shot that WOULD have come the next 0,5 seconds was the moment i looked down. 

I can not confirm this with any scientific statement whatsoever, it is only my personal experience. But since it happens exactly the same way in your clips, I am pretty sure.

First clip: It happened with ~20% life

Second clipt: It happened with ~25% life

Third clip: It happened with ~25% life. In addition this clip seemed to lag - or is that only my sensation?

My conclusion: You got killed already but it took some time to reach your client side. 

Do you mind telling me on which server you are playing (EU, NA)?

PUBG Absurdity #3

My channel

Edited by Psychoghost Gaming
  • Like 1

ashkickr    23
Posted (edited)

havent seen, 160hours played. looks really weird :o you havent put any thought for your mousedrivers / firmware in order to try to update those? neither tested with different USB ports or so?

Edited by ashkickr

ZombieRommel    88
Posted (edited)

So, I haven't had my aim go in a completely different direction like that...

However, yesterday I was driving across a bridge in a UAZ.  I took a left onto the bridge and course-corrected by turning right to straighten out.  While I was angled right, my vehicle changed course to the left, into the bridge barrier, in a split second (1 frame), causing me to crash.  By the time I corrected again and started to pick up speed from being totally stopped at the barrier, a guy on the bridge was already shooting me and killed me.

So -- this issue didn't happen to me while aiming.  But my player/entity facing the completely wrong direction in a single frame DID happen to me in a vehicle, and I still have a video of it if anyone wants me to upload it later.  It's a huge issue and I'm betting it may be related to what happened to you.

Edited by ZombieRommel

ZombieRommel    88
39 minutes ago, ashkickr said:

havent seen, 160hours played. looks really weird :o you havent put any thought for your mousedrivers / firmware in order to try to update those? neither tested with different USB ports or so?

It's almost definitely not a mouse issue.  It is almost definitely an issue with how PUBG servers process player actions.

Jiseong    2

I've had this issue once trying to do some 3rd person hip firing on a target. Something fucked up and whipped my aim down left and my character thought it was a great idea to check out the shoelaces on his new boots while the target gives him a few new lead additions to his cranial cavity. Not sure what does it, but damn that was rough. I don't get this issue when firing using sights though.

OldManBoom    77
Posted (edited)

I don't know if it's related but I've noticed when spectating often for some reason it shows the person I'm watching aiming straight down shooting at their own feet, even if they aren't on their own agreen. No idea if it's at all related or if there's just a multitude of issues involving looking at feet.

Edited by OldManBoom
Clarity

55 minutes ago, Jiseong said:

I've had this issue once trying to do some 3rd person hip firing on a target. Something fucked up and whipped my aim down left and my character thought it was a great idea to check out the shoelaces on his new boots while the target gives him a few new lead additions to his cranial cavity. Not sure what does it, but damn that was rough. I don't get this issue when firing using sights though.

Would you mind telling me if this happened shortly before you died?

And yes, after 170 hours played I can confirm that it does NOT happen when using sights.

PUBG Absurdity #3

My Channel

Jiseong    2
1 minute ago, Psychoghost Gaming said:

Yeah, it happened right before I died. Probably a good 2 seconds. The target was on a hill near a tree and I was within closer range to him. Possibly within the area of 20 meters or so, and if I remember correctly, I was near either a dirt path or a road. But strafing and trying to fire at him, I was getting a few blood sprays on him which was good, as I was getting shot as well, but then I saw something shiny, and decided that was more important.

Needless to say, I was an easy target at that point, and he just finished me off by firing a couple more rounds, and I died before I could understand what was going on, and adjust in kind.

39 minutes ago, Jiseong said:

Yeah, it happened right before I died. Probably a good 2 seconds. The target was on a hill near a tree and I was within closer range to him. Possibly within the area of 20 meters or so, and if I remember correctly, I was near either a dirt path or a road. But strafing and trying to fire at him, I was getting a few blood sprays on him which was good, as I was getting shot as well, but then I saw something shiny, and decided that was more important.

Needless to say, I was an easy target at that point, and he just finished me off by firing a couple more rounds, and I died before I could understand what was going on, and adjust in kind.

Can you maybe confirm my theory (third post)?

PUBG Absurdity #3

My Channel

Jiseong    2
57 minutes ago, Psychoghost Gaming said:

Hmm, I can confirm the issue but I can't see it being that much of an issue to do with latency. In your second clip for example, you popped down your sight, but just as the kill shot hits you, then you drop. You even see the blood splatter spray off of your character as he drops and listening to the gun sound, it makes the sound at the exact time you die. I think you're onto something with the health status range. It's around the 20-25% health region and it seems like every time you get popped, you're strafing much like I was when I died that time.

I'm wondering if it revolves around those parameters then, or that situation. If it were a latency issue, I could easily see you rubber-banding, or just straight up lagging out, but your movements are fluid and same with the other player's. There seems to be no stuttering or stopping of the other player, other than in your first clip, so it seems you get dropped in the same manner.

It must then revolve around those parameters, your health has to be dropped the 10-30% range after a firefight I imagine, and you have to be strafing, I'm gonna guess. I'm not sure if the sustained damage from being hit would matter at all considering your health drops sharply within the span of 20 seconds due to that fight, but that's also a possible trigger of it, too as it doesn't seem to do that when you're getting damaged by the blue circle, and I have strafed all the time in that. Another thought is it might also be the button action of clicking when hitting all those parameters? I donno, there's a lot revolving around that bug to be it's trigger, but it's very much there.

Smokewolf    3

I'd much prefer to see 3rd person view removed from the game with the exception of spectator and kill-cams.

1) It's buggy.

2) It offers a point of view that's unrealistic.

• Like 2

Quasispec    231

It sounds like, as some people have touched on, this is an issue with dying in third person, not aiming in third person. Has anyone had this happen and NOT died? If so then it's a bug with third person aiming.

Zubei    3

That second video you posted. You get hit when you are already super low on health and it doesn't lower your health any more. I think it could have been some lag where it didn't register the hit until later so you pointed down when you died.

(*)Bad    3
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Psychoghost Gaming said:

I had this several times as well. I ->THINK<- the server/client/whatever decided you already died, but it takes this 0,5 seconds to reach your end. 

As soon as the server evaluates that you died, your character looks down. 

I record quite a lot myself and checked in my clips. I get shot and ALWAYS the killing shot that WOULD have come the next 0,5 seconds was the moment i looked down. 

I can not confirm this with any scientific statement whatsoever, it is only my personal experience. But since it happens exactly the same way in your clips, I am pretty sure.

First clip: It happened with ~20% life

Second clipt: It happened with ~25% life

Third clip: It happened with ~25% life. In addition this clip seemed to lag - or is that only my sensation?

My conclusion: You got killed already but it took some time to reach your client side. 

Do you mind telling me on which server you are playing (EU, NA)?

PUBG Absurdity #3

My channel

Its a plausible assumption. 
3rd clip I am defenetly rubber banding, Not by much , but repeatadly.
I live in Quebec Canada, and I play exclusively on NA servers.

Edited by (*)Bad

(*)Bad    3
8 hours ago, ZombieRommel said:

So, I haven't had my aim go in a completely different direction like that...

However, yesterday I was driving across a bridge in a UAZ.  I took a left onto the bridge and course-corrected by turning right to straighten out.  While I was angled right, my vehicle changed course to the left, into the bridge barrier, in a split second (1 frame), causing me to crash.  By the time I corrected again and started to pick up speed from being totally stopped at the barrier, a guy on the bridge was already shooting me and killed me.

So -- this issue didn't happen to me while aiming.  But my player/entity facing the completely wrong direction in a single frame DID happen to me in a vehicle, and I still have a video of it if anyone wants me to upload it later.  It's a huge issue and I'm betting it may be related to what happened to you.

would be interesting to see the video indeed

• Like 1

(*)Bad    3
8 hours ago, Jiseong said:

Yes , thats the thing that worries me .. 
If it would occur not only in 3rd person, I would assume that its a matter of Desync.
But the fact that it only happends in 3rd person while shooting and strafing, it feels like its something more, like its too much information for the server to process or something, and it throws your aim to the ground to chill you out.

(*)Bad    3
5 hours ago, Jiseong said:

Hmm, I can confirm the issue but I can't see it being that much of an issue to do with latency. In your second clip for example, you popped down your sight, but just as the kill shot hits you, then you drop. You even see the blood splatter spray off of your character as he drops and listening to the gun sound, it makes the sound at the exact time you die. I think you're onto something with the health status range. It's around the 20-25% health region and it seems like every time you get popped, you're strafing much like I was when I died that time.

I'm wondering if it revolves around those parameters then, or that situation. If it were a latency issue, I could easily see you rubber-banding, or just straight up lagging out, but your movements are fluid and same with the other player's. There seems to be no stuttering or stopping of the other player, other than in your first clip, so it seems you get dropped in the same manner.

It must then revolve around those parameters, your health has to be dropped the 10-30% range after a firefight I imagine, and you have to be strafing, I'm gonna guess. I'm not sure if the sustained damage from being hit would matter at all considering your health drops sharply within the span of 20 seconds due to that fight, but that's also a possible trigger of it, too as it doesn't seem to do that when you're getting damaged by the blue circle, and I have strafed all the time in that. Another thought is it might also be the button action of clicking when hitting all those parameters? I donno, there's a lot revolving around that bug to be it's trigger, but it's very much there.

Thats a good breakdown, thanks.
I'll keep recording, so that we can have even more proof of the parameters being as precise as they need to be to find a fix for that problem.
I just wish more people had some example videos to share too

(*)Bad    3
3 hours ago, Quasispec said:

It sounds like, as some people have touched on, this is an issue with dying in third person, not aiming in third person. Has anyone had this happen and NOT died? If so then it's a bug with third person aiming.

I never heard of someone surviving through this.
But if you come to think of it, if you're in 3rd person shooting at the ennemy, means you gotta kinda close, and if it only happends when you're under 30% hp, what are the chances you can survive this unless you get can the killshot first?

(*)Bad    3
2 hours ago, Zubei said:

That second video you posted. You get hit when you are already super low on health and it doesn't lower your health any more. I think it could have been some lag where it didn't register the hit until later so you pointed down when you died.

I see what you mean , but it this case , It should be the same for first person or hip fire dont u think?

ZombieRommel    88
1 hour ago, (*)Bad said:

would be interesting to see the video indeed

Here you go.  Notice also that I roll over the grey bridge connector grate, and whenever the issue happens, the game pushes my vehicle BACKWARD IN TIME to the connector grate.

mart1n1    136

hey guys,

i tried searching but no luck... my question is why did the developers go for 3rd person view in the first place?

is this something people like better? easier for noobs? more dynamic? why?

thanks for any replies! ;)

Cosmic Sheep    132

Since PUBG offers the different ranges of view like third person, this allows better scouting options and the ability to not feel too zoomed when in first person, it also allows players to feel like there actually in the shoes of the character.

• Like 1