Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(*)Bad

why 3rd person in the first place?

On 2017-5-19 at 9:46 AM, Brotherwood said:

I prefer the third person dynamic. It makes the gameplay tactics more advanced over first person as you have so many more angles you can cover including a 360 degree vision. If you're vigilant and coordinated enough, you almost always have time to return fire and outgun them.

Yea right. Especially with all that desync and lag You have plenty of time to fire back when u're caught in the open by somebody behind the cover...

On 5/19/2017 at 5:23 AM, Ms_Salami (Sal) said:

3pp promotes wall camping

well that's what you do.....camp around walls to win!

this is a total strategy game....

there will be games/servers with both modes so don't worry you can play how you wish.... 

14 hours ago, OzRecon said:

3rd person is very popular. There was a poll a few weeks ago and the results looked to be heavily weighted in favour of 1st person BUT only about 300 voted. That probably means that the majority of players didn't bother reading it given how many members there are. 1st person will be fairly popular but I expect that 3rd will always outnumber it in sheer player numbers.

Interesting.

On 5/21/2017 at 0:49 AM, impulse 101 said:

and you can see yourself! god i don't know, play battlefield or call to duty.

Such an amazing argument, seeing as neither are Battle Royale related. Did IQ's drop bigtime after the first post?

10 hours ago, impulse 101 said:

Interesting.

Thats only natural as most gamers today are pure casuals and rely on crutches and special added abilities to overcome the skill they dont have. For H1Z1 and PUBG its third person because they have zero situational awareness.

3rd person is quite fun in a large map, give a better context, and less dizziness for for some people, thus more relaxing and enjoyable.

These topics get old, wish they would be merged into one.

Add first person only queues.  Add a rule to the forums against complaining that one type of queue is "too empty", with an extra punishment for suggesting that the other mode be removed.  I'll play the mode I want, you play the mode you want, and we'll each suffer the size of queue we choose.

To everyone talking about "how 3 person gives you so much more situational awareness and peripheral vision" -

3rd person.
xkofPL4.jpg

1st person.
0y7ULr9.jpg

Man. Good thing you can see sooooooo much more around you in 3rd person. Those extra 10 pixels on each side (because the camera is pulled back, not because the FOV has changed at all) really make me feel much more like I'm living through this experience and not playing a game. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have those precious few pixels. /sarcasm

3rd person is good for 1 thing - seeing around/over/behind stuff you shouldn't be able to without risking yourself at all to do it. That's it. Period. It doesn't make the game more realistic, it doesn't give you more realistic situational awareness, it doesn't prevent the game from being "claustrophobic," and is certainly isn't a level playing field. 3rd person is a crutch. 

I like playing in 3rd person, but then I switch to a 1st person game only (like Battlefield or Titanfall 2) and I keep holding down alt to look around me...

I'm just happy there are going to be first person only servers. It's kinda lame being able to watch people running around without them having any idea and no realistic way of knowing you're there. You should really have to expose yourself and risk being spotted to be looking at someone. First person is much more fair, even though you can still easily camp and kill people, you can't setup perfect ambushes and have 100% information about what the other player is doing when you really shouldn't at no cost to yourself.

I pretty much agree with everyone here, a rubber banding/ lagging issue. Why on earth it goes to the floor I have no idea. Perhaps a default idle

position if connection is temporarily lost? Is quite bad mind, however further game optimizations should get this issue resolved. 

Can I sk whats your internet like, plus are there others in your house using it when your gaming?

8 hours ago, Heinz said:

To everyone talking about "how 3 person gives you so much more situational awareness and peripheral vision" -

3rd person.
xkofPL4.jpg

1st person.
0y7ULr9.jpg

Man. Good thing you can see sooooooo much more around you in 3rd person. Those extra 10 pixels on each side (because the camera is pulled back, not because the FOV has changed at all) really make me feel much more like I'm living through this experience and not playing a game. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have those precious few pixels. /sarcasm

3rd person is good for 1 thing - seeing around/over/behind stuff you shouldn't be able to without risking yourself at all to do it. That's it. Period. It doesn't make the game more realistic, it doesn't give you more realistic situational awareness, it doesn't prevent the game from being "claustrophobic," and is certainly isn't a level playing field. 3rd person is a crutch. 

And then you insert a tree or wall directly in front of you - Get back to me with that SS that shows how 1pp and 3pp are the same as you mention above.  You also don't have full 360 when Alt looking in 1pp.  Anyway, I don't think you're grasping the full argument...we're talking about the ability to see over walls..around corners...trees etc in 3pp which you cannot do in 1pp.  

You still have to act as if the gun needs zeroing. The middle dot is only valid when between 100-close200 metres. >100 look a tap bit more right. <200 tap bit left. and i say this as a person who almost only uses 3rd person shooting mechanics, as it gives me better view of people sneaking up on me or flanking

Hi,

There is a bug when you are on 3rd-person and you aim a target downstair for example, your bullets hit the ground instead of hitting the aim target point.

E.g. Stand crouch upstair and aim the door downstair straight in line. Someone come in, your aim indicator is right on him (not on your ground neither on the stairs), but when you shoot it all hit the ground like if the 3D view was not well calculated or that the aim target was not well indicated that you will hit the ground.

Same situation when you are close to a wall. it hit the wall while your aim says it would hit far away.

6 hours ago, BaldFruit said:

And then you insert a tree or wall directly in front of you - Get back to me with that SS that shows how 1pp and 3pp are the same as you mention above.  You also don't have full 360 when Alt looking in 1pp.  Anyway, I don't think you're grasping the full argument...we're talking about the ability to see over walls..around corners...trees etc in 3pp which you cannot do in 1pp.  

Oh. I grasp the argument. The real question is did you read the entirety of my post? Because if you did, I think you'd realize that I'm saying that 3rd person allows you to do things you can't do in 1st person.

I say "3rd person is good for 1 thing - seeing around/over/behind stuff you shouldn't be able to..." What I was showing is that the actual FOV is the same, so the "peripheral vision" argument isn't valid in this circumstance. 

I would probably get bored running for miles in first person watching my gun swinging around. 

I don't know why ppl is bitching about, it's like the devs added 3pp  yesterday and fucked the whole game. Gzz just leave it and go play FPS titles, there is a bunch avaliable, and wait for the 1pp servers come out. The devs already said it will be avaliable in the future. 

19 hours ago, Tykjen said:

Such an amazing argument, seeing as neither are Battle Royale related. Did IQ's drop bigtime after the first post?

Oh lord you are so full of it. I didn't realize I was talking to you.

4 hours ago, impulse 101 said:

Oh lord you are so full of it. I didn't realize I was talking to you.

If you dont like it you can just go play battlefield or cod. Oh yay.

21 hours ago, Heinz said:

3rd person is a crutch. 

And its ruining videogames. All the damn casuals who cant handle first person.

On 5/22/2017 at 6:07 AM, Tykjen said:

Is that a serious question? I mean, I just had to read that 3p is "more tactical" and "more immersive"... reading stuff like that is objectively depressing... but explains alot...

25 minutes ago, InsightKnight said:

Being able to see someone when they can not see you IS situational awareness by definition.

Situational... Awareness.. by... definition... is... being... able... to... see... someone... while... they... can't...

Wat?

22 hours ago, Heinz said:

What's your FOV in those screenshots?  What's your "FOV" on your real life peripheral vision?  Yeah, that's what I thought.

Getting back on topic, I come to the conclusion that 3rd person is not easier for a newbie, because it's much more demanding in how you control the aim and the view at the same time. 1st person doesn't have that. All you have is your aiming view.

Also, 3rd person doesn't give you a wider fov, as shown in the screenshots posted by @Heinz. It gives you a chance to view things your character eyes shouldn't be seeing. Thus, 3rd person makes it possible to play the game using exploits on the map, through walls, trees, terrain etc. If you learn to take advantage of these exploits, you have an advantage over people who are not taking cover. I would say more than 100% advantage. You can even pre aim and show up with your cross hair ready to make a headshot.

3rd person is also not easier for the devs to implement and this shows up when you have your cross hair pointed to the opponent but you hit the floor or a window instead. It makes aiming difficult and unnatural.

Saying that 3rd person is the way open world games are currently implemented is also not a good argument. Maybe consoles without keyboard and mouse are an exception and this is acceptable there. Those guys are poor and playing a shooter in a console is a total pain.

Finally, like many other games, this game has peakers advantage. That, coupled with 3rd person, has ruined many fights that would be good for both players in 1st person.

Anyway, this thread was not intended at asking for 1st person or arguing about which one is better.

If not to get in line with a future console port, I don't see any reason for 3rd person to be implemented in the first place. 

3 minutes ago, Desirsar said:

What's your FOV in those screenshots?  What's your "FOV" on your real life peripheral vision?  Yeah, that's what I thought.

Maybe you should've thought about your "supposed" argument in third-person so you would've seen that it's not a good one. But I give you two points for trying hard to look witty and snappy.

1 minute ago, InsightKnight said:

You gain awareness based on the situation of having third person. Is it really that hard to comprehend? The reality is if all players can do it than it is not a problem. If you are forcing yourself to play 1st only and are upset because 3rd players are seeing you than the problem is you handicapping yourself.

It's like talking to drunk people.