Sign in to follow this  
AnarchyHD

Might Have Found The FPS Issue [FOR THE DEVS]

Posted (edited)

I think i know the main problem with the Lag, Stutter and FPS issues with the game.

If you notice when you die the players in the game actually disappear. That being said watch your FPS sky rocket as a result of all the players in the game disappear. Everything in the game stays Buildings, Loot, Dead players loot, Vehicles, Ect. The only thing missing is the players that are still alive. If you were playing Duo or Squad and go to spectate after you die your FPS drops way back down.

25 - 55 FPS when Alive

80 - 100 FPS when they disappear when i die.

Edited by AnarchyHD

2 hours ago, AnarchyHD said:

I think i know the main problem with the Lag, Stutter and FPS issues with the game.

If you notice when you die the players in the game actually disappear. That being said watch your FPS sky rocket as a result of all the players in the game disappear. Everything in the game stays Buildings, Loot, Dead players loot, Vehicles, Ect. The only thing missing is the players that are still alive. If you were playing Duo or Squad and go to spectate after you die your FPS drops way back down.

25 - 55 FPS when Alive

80 - 100 FPS when they disappear when i die.

Hey anarchy, I'm not sure I am following. So the more people in the game the lower the fps? And on death how does that affect all? 

I think this is pretty evident in the Lobby -- if you're looking at all the players, there's a significant FPS drop. If you jump in the water or go further away, FPS increases substantially. This seems to imply that CPU processing of many server updates slows down rendering.

21 minutes ago, AntiCrisis said:

I think this is pretty evident in the Lobby -- if you're looking at all the players, there's a significant FPS drop. If you jump in the water or go further away, FPS increases substantially. This seems to imply that CPU processing of many server updates slows down rendering.

Yes, well the next patch is on May 25th which is focusing on client side performance. I think it will address this issue but I like to gather data so we can have a before and after and if the theory changes! :-) 

1 minute ago, Caesar of Roma said:

Yes, well the next patch is on May 25th which is focusing on client side performance. I think it will address this issue but I like to gather data so we can have a before and after and if the theory changes! :-) 

Great to hear!

3 hours ago, Caesar of Roma said:

Nice. But i am 100% sure it has to do with the players in the game. The same problem happened in Rust they fixed it by making the players in the game that ARE NOT visible (IE:On the other side of a mountain) disappear and when you would actually be able to clearly see them they would appear.