PUBG_Hawkinz

Your feedback is needed on safezone and bluezone balancing!

Hi all, 

With the latest patch, we updated bluezone balance to speed up the early game phase (and make the end-game less punishing).

Next week, we’ll implement more improvements based on your feedback. So please tell us what you think about the latest changes!

Thank you for playing PUBG!

PUBG Corp.

• Like 2
  • RIP 1

Posted (edited)

I think It's obvious.... If you would merge "before" and "after" it would make perfect sense to most of the players. last 4 circle speed stays as it is now + add 30-40 sec, because re-positioning and taking down an enemy takes time.  early game is fine as it is. maybe third circle timing is a bit too short 

Edited by DemonsInTheSky
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

DO you read the forums at all @PUBG_Hawkinz . i believe there has been more than enough of an outcry to the changes to this latest patch.  this post is a slap in the face to the community. there are thousands of post's in this very forum along with the reddit folks. focus on the main issues of the game( netcode-anticheat etc) before you change the basic mechanics of a perfectly balanced game.(imo)

Edited by G13Homi
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

First off, I don't remember seeing this timing on the test server. Putting it on a live server for testing  is a bad idea.

The current timing will be good for a smaller map.

The issue I have with it on the 8km X 8km maps is on the 2nd restriction. 90 seconds is too quick. 2nd restriction should be closer to 160 seconds. The 3rd one should be 75 or 90 seconds. Everything after that is fine. 

The first safe zone is a large portion of the map. If the 2nd one bounces to the opposite side of the map you are on and RNG has decided that no vehicles will be present in that quadrant, then you do not have a chance to get into the fight.

This will discourage many players and they'll voice that displeasure all over the place (they already are).

Bad press is not good press.

Edited by Alalien
  • Like 3

Hello,

So the intent for the revisions to the Blue Zone were:

1. "Speed up the early game phase"  - *Accomplished, no time to do much... there may be enough time for a single gun fight, not much else, especially if you are not in circle by chance.  If you win the gun fight... run or find a car, quick.

2. "Make the end-game less punishing" - *Completely missed the mark here!

Kind Regards,

D.S.B.

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Alalien said:

First off, I don't remember seeing this timing on the test server. Putting it on a live server for testing  is a bad idea.

The current timing will be good for a smaller map.

The issue I have with it on the 8km X 8km maps is on the 2nd restriction. 90 seconds is too quick. 2nd restriction should be closer to 160 seconds. The 3rd one should be 75 or 90 seconds. Everything after that is fine. 

The first safe zone is a large portion of the map. If the 2nd one bounces to the opposite side of the map you are on and RNG has decided that no vehicles will be present in that quadrant, then you do not have a chance to get into the fight.

This will discourage many players and they'll voice that displeasure all over the place (they already are).

Bad press is not good press.

I do agree with you 100%.

I have uninstalled the game, the first two circles and the lack of time between the second and third are a major concern. It forces people to play a certain way rather than allowing you to adapt and overcome like it used to be.

First round I did after the update, between 30 and 40 players died outside of the blue circle. How about that?

If you're unlucky with your drop zone, you better return to the lobby. That frustrates me a lot! Before you could overcome the situation, not anymore. If you have no vehicle, low on loot and accessories you're done. It's not even worth playing.

Don't get me wrong, I do agree with what they did for the final circles, but the first 2 or 3 ... they better cut down the first 2 circles and give us more time.

Edited by RazorMark
  • Like 2

I can't say it any better than Xenton, who responded to a reddit post regarding the new blue zone times: 

Battle-Royale is all about bouts of intensity followed by periods of tense downtime.

I say that because the quiet brings its own risks; sneaking opponents, moving through seemingly deserted areas and planning your next move.

Before, if you got into a skirmish and the circle fucked you, you had ways to deal with it:

• Creep away and come back
  • Try and outflank their superior position.
  • Try and outheal the blue, convince them you've somehow moved without being noticed
  • Wait for them to engage somebody else.
  • Wait for some other RNG aspect like a loot crate or a red zone to draw attention off your squad
  • Etc, etc etc.

Now, with the new circle, if you're in a skirmish and the circle favours the other team, your options are

• Sprint at them and hope they potato
  • Die.

That's not what battle royale is about, that's Call of Duty, That's Counter Strike, Hell that's Unreal Tournament.

I play a battle-royale game for a battle royale, not a sprinting deathmatch.

I keep seeing the argument that "The competitive players all agreed this was better" Which I find to be a stupid argument:

The competitive players, for the most part, come from (And are accustomed to) Fast paced death-match games like Counter Strike, Call of Duty and others.

The competitive players rely extremely heavily on their twitch reflexes and gunplay, while positioning and overall strategy are (While still important) secondary thoughts.

The competitive players are often supported by streams, where they are encouraged to play in high intensity situations as it's more enjoyable to watch.

All this combined means that competitive players have an obvious bias towards turning this game from a battle-royale into an arena deathmatch, albeit a unique one.

The whole POINT of battle-Royale, both the movie, the genre, the books, the story, the entire thematic presence is that you spend the majority of your time slowly and carefully moving while trying to be as fully aware of your surroundings as possible, not making non-stop mad dashes away from a blue zone while driving vehicles made of unusually light tin-foil with helium filled tires.

Yes, "Making do with what you've got" is a core mechanic.

But that was ALREADY the case. Most players don't reach the top 25 with all the gear they could want, and those that reach the top 10 usually only have everything they want because they took it from everyone else.

With the new circle, getting lucky is too powerful. That's the real problem: Everyone not getting fully kitted isn't an issue, but where half the squads still get every piece of gear they could want, and everyone else gets a level 1 helmet, a level one backpack and two shotguns, it gets stale.

It gets stale watching undergeared people with half health run into my better position and die because they have no choice. It gets old when I have nowhere to go but straight into the circle and hope my opponents potato.

The new circle doesn't support the BR-Genre gameplay, it kills it.

IMO the best way to solve whatever problem it is this was supposed to resolve is to create different game modes, where ppl who want faster timers can queue into the RUSH mode and those who prefer BR gameplay can queue into CLASSIC.

BOOM! Everyone is happy.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I´ve played about 15 matches yesterday and you killed the the game (for me) again.

1. The new Blue zone is ridiculous. You are now just run from one point to the other. You can´t play tactial anymore. Now, the player with biggest luck wins the game. If you have a bad position at the beginning, you will loose. 

2. Your loottable is so broken. In 3 houses you can find 1 Shotgun - sometimes in 1 house you find 2 ARs, 1 MP, 1 Shotgun and a KAR . i mean wtf? Balance?

3. Bugs, Lags etc. 

I will definitly not playing this game, until you rollback the latest bluezone changes.

If you want a good, playable game, begin to fix the Servers and not implement a update, that changes the whole gameplay!!!!

the procedure for this game should be:

1. Fix the bugs 

2. Fix the bugs you created, when you fixed the last bugs

3. Repeat point 1 and 2 until the game is playbale

4. Increase Server enviroment. Tic-Rate etc.

5. Increase Client performance (bad module is still a problem for some users)

6. Hear to the community and think about the proposals

7. When you decide to bring a update, test it at least for 1 Week on the testservers. -> Talk to the community -> Fix the bugs -> and then you can take it on the live servers

8-99. Fix bugs -> increase Client/Server -> do some events etc.

100. Bring cosmetic things to the game.

Good bye Pubg, i hope the developer will choose the right way for you.

Edited by Schorni
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, PUBG_Hawkinz said:

Hi all, 

speed up the early game phase

Big mistake.  First of all quit changing and adding things and focus on fixing and polishing.  People like PUBG you don't need to reinvent or add or change just make it work well.  Second, speeding up early game ruins the game's best element of being able to go high pop and start with high risk high reward DM style or go slow and loot up and setup for mid and end game.  If it is just going to be high pop and good loot or low pop and random crap then why bother at all - too much RNG that way.  Early game should be slow to allow different styles and build to a climax later.

Posted (edited)

I kinda like it! But there is some things I think you should do to make this fast-circle thing work better.

1- Double the vehicle spawn! 'Cause if you land far away from the circle and you don't find a car you have basically 2 options! : 1- Run to the circle with bad loot and get killed as soon as you get in    2- Die in the circle with good loot

-

2- Increase the Gun and Armor spawn! Sometimes all you find is just a pistol or a shotgun in 3-4 houses! One time I looted the whole Primorsk with my friend, we didn't find a single Auto AR! Both of us had a M16A4 !

-

3- Loot is very very very unbalanced! Sometimes you find 2 M16A4s and M416 in one house! and sometimes you don't find a single gun in 3-4 houses!! You should balance this !

Edited by TheT-7

Posted (edited)

Hi, first I'm sorry but english is not my native language, so i will certainly make some mistakes.

Secondly, I strongly disagree with people being rude, sayin' "oh look there is already a hundred post on this subject", I guess the purpose here is to gather some valuable and argumented feedback, not the "crycry/troll/crycry/troll" you can read on the multiple shitstrom posts.

This said I will try to give you my humble contribution.

Although i'm fairly certain that shortening the delay between 2 shrink is good, allowing for quickier and more dynamic games, I feel you've gone too far in this, the changes are too brutal, and imho not suitable for maps the size of Miramar or Erangel. let me explain.

While the initial zone is roughly unchanged ( 30s on a total of 5 minutes is not a big deal) and is not a problem.

Big problem is on zone 2 - 5 with a major lessening of 50% at least.

The second and third zone are the most problematics I feel, those instants are almost always devoted to "finish looting / engaging and repositionning)

whith those changes you only got time to reposition and any engagement is potentially forcing you to run forever after the bluezone (and I don't even think of goin' to loot the crates after a fight wich potentially mean I will lack stuff/heal/boost) for the lasts zones where there are essentials. it also mean you can't afford to try to loot some "exotic places" you are forced to loot center map or vehicule spawn rich location, these mean the game is loosing in variety .

The last 4 zone are less impacted and the slowest speed allow to engage even during the shrinking process.

So I guess that zones 2-5 needs some little changes, allowing 

Hope this post could be helpful.

Edited by legnou
  • Like 2

Here's what I posted in another thread:

My opinion from a couple of hours play is that honestly I much preferred it before and here's the reason:

I like the tactical element of the game. I found the down-time between circles to be tense and exciting still because I was looking for threats whilst planning my next move. Reduced circle time reduces planning and movement time, thus reducing the number of options available in any situation.

I felt like a lot of the time last night I was reacting much more than planning and it felt a lot more panicked. I like to be able to think out and plan my move and the time for that has been heavily reduced, and as such so has my favourite part of the game.

Hopefully they'll change it back. Fingers crossed

The time delay between circle starts is ridiculous. If you get screwed by the first circle you have no time to loot as you need to make it to the circle otherwise third/forth circle hits before you even make it to where the first one was. Might as well return to lobby and retry.  They need to go back to the original time for circle starts. There was nothing wrong with how they were. Just remember the time delay for the circles came from the same people who thought a shotgun only with no heals game mode would be okay for an event. No wonder everyone has moved to fortnite.  

Change it back to old timers pls.
I don't play this game anymore, if i want a game where i have to sprint all day i play olympics simulations.

Run run run run, don't think about your next step just run run run.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Keep the core changes except just balance out the timings a bit. You were on your right way. 

The main problem was the copy/paste of timings from Savage map. Make it more fitting a 8x8 map, and its all good. 

A game should last around 30 minutes on an 8x8 map. Hit that mark with the blue zone timings, and you're all set. 

Edited by Ngonmesh
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

IMHO:

1st zone: 90+300 is ok, it's only 30 secs shorter than it was originally.

2nd zone: 120        (new: 90, old: 200)

3rd zone: 100         (new: 60, old: 150)

4th zone: 90            (new: 60, old: 120)

5th zone: 80            (new: 60, old: 120)

6th zone: 70            (new: 60, old: 90)

7th zone: 60            (as is now)

8th zone: 60            (as is now)

9th zone: 80+10     (as is now)

+/- several seconds on each example

Edited by geras

A little to fast IMO ..  Not everyone has perfect aim and can kill as fast as some of your favored PUBG partners can play..   Some of us are not professional players and have to use other tactics to win a game. I think there are other methods you can use to cater to both.   

I enjoyed a few games yesterday with some friends and a few have since uninstalled the game cause of this last patch and we all find it very hard to keep up with how fast it is now! 

Maybe keep the small / fast circles to your smaller maps !  

played a lot of matches with new blue zone timing system and i don't like it. now, at the beginning,  you don't have even the time for making a gunfight and you have to run as an horse. no time for loot, no time for fighting, what's the point? 

this game has his identity, it doesn't have to seem like fortnight or h1z1. i hope you make the blue zone timing back like it was before. 

ps: add region lock, i am seeing more chinese in these days like i have never seen before.

Posted (edited)

Well the end zones need to move slower honestly I think the last two or three would be good and if it adds a few minutes onto the game for the top 10 then so be it I wouldn't compain.

Honestly tonight I was stacked I had 4 medkits, a mini, and an m4, I was dominating the first two circles then on circle 3 or 4 it just got to fast there were literally 8 people running through the field to get to the next circle a few were camping right on the white line but not firing because i'm guessing they were trying to recover or something. So I lagged back thinking I have the medkits for this damage... I take a few shots get a kill or two but now everyone knows i'm coming thats when I noticed how many were in the field, you can hear the fire fight and see the kill spam it was just crazy to see that many people running, i couldn't med through the damage to get in. There was just no time to clear the way before hand because I just made it in the blue and by the time I first aided and used my boosters circle was already closing again. When normally there would have been engagements in that time there were none cause everyone was just trying to outrun it.

Needless to say when it was over I just threw my hands up in the air checked the replay and was like what am I supposed to do here no way out of that. When if I would have had time I could have cleared 2 or 3 of the players as I was setting up a flank but literally 60 seconds just wasn't enough time to drop two or three. Even when I did get the 2 or 3 down I made it to the white took my 3rd med kit, and circle started moving again it just felt like run and gun but not the fun run and gun.

Edited by Kalix42

1 hour ago, TheT-7 said:

I kinda like it! But there is some things I think you should do to make this fast-circle thing work better.

1- Double the vehicle spawn! 'Cause if you land far away from the circle and you don't find a car you have basically 2 options! : 1- Run to the circle with bad loot and get killed as soon as you get in    2- Die in the circle with good loot

-

2- Increase the Gun and Armor spawn! Sometimes all you find is just a pistol or a shotgun in 3-4 houses! One time I looted the whole Primorsk with my friend, we didn't find a single Auto AR! Both of us had a M16A4 !

-

3- Loot is very very very unbalanced! Sometimes you find 2 M16A4s and M416 in one house! and sometimes you don't find a single gun in 3-4 houses!! You should balance this !

See there is the problem if you don't want the RNG chance why are you playing PUBG? Loot is fine but if speeding stuff up might as well just have everyone spawn with their desired loadout. 

Changes to the speed of the blue zone is perfect but the delay spoils it all. Delay on phase 2 & 3 is punishing, Phase 4 is not bad but i think it should have stayed at 120 sec

Im a guy that lands Pochinki exclusively. Looting 5 buildings and then taking stuff from the ppl that made the work for me. So the first 5min with no zone, then the 1st zone shrinking - thats my time I spend there fragging and looting. The zone comes and the next one begins 0,5-1km behind school and I have 60 freaking seconds... well ya know its kinda a big distance. Even better situation happened when the 1 szone ended on the NE field outside Pochinki. GOt there together with the blue - next circle 1km away, no car, less then 60 secs to go, awesome.

Like cmon Im not gonna whine BLUEBALLS MAKE THE GAME EZ CUZ I WANT TO WIN but at the same time something doesnt feel right. And Im not even a guy that plays passive - i prefare being active, so for those peeps that are not that good in shooting or just dont like that type of gaming I feel like PUBG became totally unplayable.

I got one win yesterday and I have to admit that last 3 zones felt really good. Landed in Pecado but game ended somewhere near Impala and even though the end game was really satisfying as I didnt have to worry bout the zone so much as before - the rest of the game before was horrible. It was basically a marathon simulator. A marathon simulator in which I had to avoid any contacts cuz I knew if I dont instakill guys that I engage Im gonna die to the zone with no doubt. (why no doubt? cuz after looting whole Pecado and killing all 4 ppl thet landed together with me and my bud - we had 1 first aid and 2 boosts each. >AFTER LOOTING WHOLE PECADO AND KILLING EVERYONE THAT LANDED THERE<) 

So here is summary from me (daily basis player, 500h ingame since August, usually somehere around top 1-2K DUO EU):
1. End game is sweet - it favours engagements as one doesnt have to worry bout being killed by the blue in 5 hits when it closes cuz you can fight and progress with it as it closes. Whereas before if you were cought in a fight outside a circle with ~10 peeps left and dont win that fight instantly - you were almost certainly dead

2. Initial zones are NOT spaced properly - players need to have more time to fight and loot. Cuz even I youre an active noncamping  player you can have problems with the zone.

3. Lets be honest - cars with current driving phisics are NOT an option to compensate staying late in the blue or to escape after a longer fight. And I not saying that they should be easy af to drive - currently when you enter a wehicle  you cant assume that youre gonna reach the zone as the car can go flying and landing upside down for no reason or after hitting 5 inch high stone/bump.

4. Lil offtop - change your freaking loottables. Example from yesterday. Zone 200m outside pochinki, closes, 4 ppl run, I kill them, all they got was shotguns,  pistols and two AKs. AFTER 5+ MINS OF LOOTING ans assumingly after killing some ppl that brought them some loot. 

Thats it from me I think. 

• Haha 1

Waaaaay To fast. I like the map changes, adding more things to the north, but what is the point of adding things to the outlying areas if you are going to make the firs circle so fast you can't do go there?

I usually like going to the outskirts to get good loot, lots of times I'll get a car to make it there and beat the circle back. Today  I tried that and holy crap, I had to flee just after I made it and I could not catch the circle!!!  Waaaay to fast, not sure why you changed it, I love PUBG, I love the timing and randomness of hte circle, I don't understand why you changed it. I love that you added events and such, great idea from fortnite, but don't lose your core please.

I honestly felt after the first match that the game has been ruined.

Note: I read that the zone has been rolled back, I don't think so, there is no way the first circle was this fast.

I read several replies to the patch changes and a common theme was talking about how the mid game was boring.  Personally I don't think that because I prefer to avoid conflict, but I can see how many would want more activity to occur in the mid game.  I can see how the changes to the first few blue zones was an attempt to push people into combat faster in the mid game.

Instead of changing the blue zone to force people into a specific play style I wanted to look at other options which might have the same effect.

When I think about how the game plays out the biggest influence on the mid game is the number of deaths at the start of the match.  When 50% of the players in the match are dead in five minutes the mid game fights suffer because there just isn't anyone left to fight.  What can be done to slow down the deaths at the start of the fight while still allowing people time to use the bulk of the map for different strategies and tactics?

I think one of the first things that should be changed is how loot is distributed.  Having a few areas of dense loot means people are going to congregate to those areas.  I think expanding the diameter of the high density loot would help increase the fighting in the mid game.  Take school for example.  instead of just the few buildings at the school being high density the area within 300m of the school should be high density.  Then the area 300m out from that should be medium density.  So school would be the highest concentration, but there would be a 600m area of good loot all around the school.  This would encourage many players to land farther out and spread combat out over a longer period of time.  Some people will still drop right on school, but instead of having 15-20 people piled up dying in three minutes we would see 5-10 people on school and the other 5-10 spread out in the surrounding area.

While I'm talking about loot density I think it's important to note this doesn't mean there has to be an increase in the best weapons and attachments.  Those can still be rare while having an increase in the mid range weapons and attachments.  Having more Mini-14s, Vectors, lvl 2 body armor/helmets, and 2x scopes won't make the high density areas less appealing.  It will allow more people to feel like they can move to the lower density areas and still be competitive.  It will encourage people to spread about because they won't have to worry about moving to the next circle armed only with a pistol and shotgun.

Another area that could use work is the parachute entry itself.  The limited ability to move across the map on the drop means people are going to cluster to the few high density areas available.  Changing the parachutes to allow for more horizontal distance on the drop will allow people to spread out more at the start and increase the players engaging during the mid game.  Combined with the above change to loot density we would see more players alive after the first five minutes and combat spread across more of the map as people move to the circle.  

These two changes still allow people to play as a survivalist instead of combat focused while encouraging more combat in the mid game.  I think the solution isn't in forcing people to move to the mid game at a faster pace but instead making people want to spread out and extend combat into the middle of the game because they are happy with their loot and ready to fight.